• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I can't fault people from doing what they can to protect their vehicles and keep it looking to do longer.

I'll have mine professionally detailed on the outside and I'll take care of the inside and maintain it.

I'll have PPF applied on the rear bumper where things go in and out. I'll the film it comes with replaced and I'll have some applied where I get in and out.

The rest... Well it'll be what it'll be
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
My car will never be in a museum so I don't think a front bumper respray is going to effect me much. I have a friend who does great work that will respray my bumper for $500. As long as it's not accident damage I don't think it will effect the resell value much if at all.
Iā€™m an enthusiast through and through and even though Iā€™m anal about the way paint looks, I would always choose a well resprayed bumper over beat up PPF on a used car.

Part of the problem with PPF is that it always yellows over time (even if they tell you that it doesnā€™t) and wears out (to what degree depends on many factors obviously). So while the original paint underneath may still look ok, one needs to have PPF redone eventually to make it look good. The ā€œself-healingā€ nonsense is all marketing. When enough debris hits the front end, every PPF tears and starts looking like crap.

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
Here is my accessories list. Paid $1500.00 more for taxes. Traded in my FK8
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you pay for your FL5? IMG_3668

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Nitrogen - $199 šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I would almost rather just hand them $200 than see that on my tab.

rob495

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 Ariel Atom
Paid 4K over and a $900 wheel and tire package. Tire package was optional.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Iā€™m an enthusiast through and through and even though Iā€™m anal about the way paint looks, I would always choose a well resprayed bumper over beat up PPF on a used car.

Part of the problem with PPF is that it always yellows over time (even if they tell you that it doesnā€™t) and wears out (to what degree depends on many factors obviously). So while the original paint underneath may still look ok, one needs to have PPF redone eventually to make it look good. The ā€œself-healingā€ nonsense is all marketing. When enough debris hits the front end, every PPF tears and starts looking like crap.
Interesting perspective. Where there's an automotive web forum there will always be a PPF debate. I'm pro PPF and I have and will always apply it to any vehicle I care about. However, I don't agree with full PPF and don't think it's necessary on most vehicles. I know myself and the rock chips would simply bother me too much. Not sure there's a right answer here as everyone views the pros and cons differently.

D4RCNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Championship White Civic Type R
Just closed my deal and took delivery today. Somehow managed to find a Unicorn.

MSRP with 4.5% financing. Added a few accessories but they were all of my choosing. Nothing forced.

That being said the dealer now has 14 more orders behind me. I put my deposit down about 9 months ago.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
I entirely agree. Not to mention, certain rocks may cut through the PPF, depending on the brand, it may ā€œcrackā€ over time in addition to yellowing, and it will require replacement within ten years. Itā€™s much cheaper to have a legitimate body shop fill and touch up the bumper every three years versus getting PPF every ten years.
Like mine did
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you pay for your FL5? 29F05901-E02D-4BD4-9CF7-F65EC9498C2B
11th Gen Honda Civic What did you pay for your FL5? CD3E0F21-B6CC-4057-82A8-F1B24EF5C4AB