• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What did you pay for your FL5?

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Can't blame PPF on that one. If the impact is great enough to literally dent the bumper, nothing will save you...
Yeah it must have been a decent rock. Not a fan of Colorado chucking down a sandy, salt mixture on the road that no doubt has these rocks in them.
Sponsored

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Yeah it must have been a decent rock. Not a fan of Colorado chucking down a sandy, salt mixture on the road that no doubt has these rocks in them.
I have ran into a ton of truck carrying gravel/sand on the highway. Seems like the windshield is a magnet for this debris. My front bumper has some decent dings in it as well.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
I clicked for prices paid and I got sucked into a redundant debate about ppf. Stay on topic here peeps, Im still trying to finds a deals on a white ctr!!

And ppf front end>respray. I rather have a clean looking ppf car for 10 years, and respray if needed, which it most likely wont need. As oppose to a fugly chipped up bumper every year and a respray to end up with a fugly chipped up bumper again, needing another respray. Probably be smarter to just buy an extra painted bumper and switch it out like shoes and send the old to get repainted if your going to respray it every couple years

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I clicked for prices paid and I got sucked into a redundant debate about ppf. Stay on topic here peeps, Im still trying to finds a deals on a white ctr!!

And ppf front end>respray. I rather have a clean looking ppf car for 10 years, and respray if needed, which it most likely wont need. As oppose to a fugly chipped up bumper every year and a respray to end up with a fugly chipped up bumper again, needing another respray. Probably be smarter to just buy an extra painted bumper and switch it out like shoes and send the old to get repainted if your going to respray it every couple years
Lol at this whole entire reply...

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5

Which one are you, the pot or the kettle?

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
Which one are you, the pot or the kettle?
Meh I rather join the conversation at this point. Not many sales taking place and info being provided. Back to the wall like a fly for me. But if I do get my allocation I will post what they ended up raping me with.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek

[...]

actually, it's an important debale since that is typically one of the first 'traps' the dealers throw at us. i hadn't encountered it before, and thanks to this forum, i learned about it and was able to make an informed decision when countering the dealer's offer. True that a lengthy discussion is not necessary, but the pros and cons were quite valuable for me.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Something else that dealers love hitting you with, once you’re in the hot seat and ready to pay, is extended warranty plans. Some of these are actually pretty good. Others, not so much. Couple of questions to ask before deciding to get it or not 1) Is it refundable? 2) Is there a time limit you can add it? So, even if you’re iffy about it, this may at least allow you some time to go back home and do your research after the fact. My suggestion : If you’re in line to get a car soonish, call your dealer and ask for this information ahead of time (if you think it’s something you might want).

Last edited:

Bonito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Something else that dealers love hitting you with, once you’re in the hot seat and ready to pay, is extended warranty plans. Some of these are actually pretty good. Others, not so much. Couple of questions to ask before deciding to get it or not 1) Is it refundable? 2) Is there a time limit you can add it? So, even if you’re iffy about it, this may at least allow you some time to go back home and do your research after the fact. My suggestion : If you’re in line to get a car soonish, call your dealer and ask for this information ahead of time (if you think it’s something you might want).
Also know your options when it comes to extended warranties! At the dealer I signed up for an 8yr/120k warranty that was $3500 through JM&A. I had 30 days to cancel it (I did) and looked around at other options. I found that Hyannis Honda sells Honda Care online cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. Through them you can get $0 deductible 8yr/120k for ~$1105.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Also know your options when it comes to extended warranties! At the dealer I signed up for an 8yr/120k warranty that was $3500 through JM&A. I had 30 days to cancel it (I did) and looked around at other options. I found that Hyannis Honda sells Honda Care online cheaper than anywhere else I've seen. Through them you can get $0 deductible 8yr/120k for ~$1105.
This is the way...

I also have a an 8/120.

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
Did you buy it after you purchased your car?

Dallman

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Pilot, 1971 Triumph TR6, 2023 CTR
I bought honda care for my 2020 pilot with 27,000 miles last month. Through the same place. But I believe it’s cheaper if you buy it in the first 6,000 miles.

Last edited:

holland1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tacoma
46.7k, Msrp was just under 45k. 1k ADM but then 400 or 500 processing fee, and another couple hundred in other fees. I hate ADM and believe I'm in idiot for paying it. I'm sure I'll be pissed once these can easliy be had for MSRP.

daazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Miata
46.7k, Msrp was just under 45k. 1k ADM but then 400 or 500 processing fee, and another couple hundred in other fees. I hate ADM and believe I'm in idiot for paying it. I'm sure I'll be pissed once these can easliy be had for MSRP.
Great price though!
Sponsored