• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Where’s the Aero?

SimplyClean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Civic Type R #647
just got DM back from GU...probably order mine today :)
I was skeptical at first, but they were very responsive for being on the other side of the world. They shipped it last Saturday and I got it yesterday.
Sponsored

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I was skeptical at first, but they were very responsive for being on the other side of the world. They shipped it last Saturday and I got it yesterday.
seeing you guys receive your packages in such timely fashion led me to believe this outfit is somewhat legit is exactly why I've order. I wasn't ready to blow $1.5k to $2k on a well made carbon lip, so the pricing on this GU lip is perfect...not killing my wallet, while achieving the look I wanted (tucked in a bit with a small lip in the front) :)

SimplyClean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Boost Blue Civic Type R #647
seeing you guys receive your packages in such timely fashion led me to believe this outfit is somewhat legit is exactly why I've order. I wasn't ready to blow $1.5k to $2k on a well made carbon lip, so the pricing on this GU lip is perfect...not killing my wallet, while achieving the look I wanted (tucked in a bit with a small lip in the front) :)
exactly! I was really wanting the spoon lip but I'm sure the ticket on it is pretty high. It'll take a me a little longer to cut the check for that.

OP
OP
AspecR

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
exactly! I was really wanting the spoon lip but I'm sure the ticket on it is pretty high. It'll take a me a little longer to cut the check for that.
Hate to say it but the Spoon front lip looks like an EBay special. APR, Aeroflow Dynamics & SplitterSPR all have better looking options for less. The actual aero advantage the Spoon lip offers will rarely ever be used by any of us unless you track your car regularly

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate to say it but the Spoon front lip looks like an EBay special. APR, Aeroflow Dynamics & SplitterSPR all have better looking options for less. The actual aero advantage the Spoon lip offers will rarely ever be used by any of us unless you track your car regularly
piling on...
with out R's lowered, I really don't want to destroy a $2k or more piece of hand made carbon...$850, I wont' be punching myself in the nuts too hard if I smashed the lip going up steep driveway :)

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how did GU invoiced you guys?
did they used Paypal?

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
I'm a sucker for cheap stuff that covers my needs - code SHIPPNOW saves $35, I went ahead and got this pre-ordered. Not sure it's the exact one I'd want but most of them are just way more money than I'd typically justify on an aesthetic mod. If I don't like it I'm not out too much money.
@Icehawk I just ordered the aeroflow dynamics lip as well. Thanks for the code... saved me a little moolah.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Trying to decide between Aeroflow or SplitterSPR. Leaning towards Aeroflow. Any input from the group?

albi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
Trying to decide between Aeroflow or SplitterSPR. Leaning towards Aeroflow. Any input from the group?
Of the two, I like the SplittersPR better, but that is just my opinion

Icehawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 CTR #3177
SplittersPR has with wings & w/o, costs a bit more, and they couldn't tell me much about installing it - from what I gather the lip isn't drilled at all. It's available now though. The APR one is even cheaper, has hardware/drilled, and they say "August".

To be honest if I hadn't already bought it... I probably would be splurging on the one AspecR bought. My wallet is happier though, I've put a decent dent in it in the last couple months already.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
piling on...
with out R's lowered, I really don't want to destroy a $2k or more piece of hand made carbon...$850, I wont' be punching myself in the nuts too hard if I smashed the lip going up steep driveway :)
To be clear, you will still nut punch - just not as hard? 😂

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Here’s a quick video of it, it’s pre drilled and attached from the underside of the bumper. I’ll probably have my guys guys take the bumper off for the install.

Think they would make this with the red weave?

OP
OP
AspecR

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
With all you gents considering them, I’m about to ask them for a commission on each sale lol
Sponsored