I♥️LCY
Senior Member
- Joined
- Sep 18, 2026
- Threads
- 5
- Messages
- 93
- Reaction score
- 71
- Location
- Inland Empire
- Vehicle(s)
- 2026 Honda Civic Type R
funny, I stumbled upon that last night as well.New product for the FL5.
![]()
![]()
funny, I stumbled upon that last night as well.New product for the FL5.
![]()
![]()
Same here, lolfunny, I stumbled upon that last night as well.
Yeah thats what they are pretty much, they are meant to lower NVH frequencies for a more pleasant drive, but being tied directly into the subframe also acts as a flexing bar. Giving a small amount of rigidity to the frame. But my drive is definitely a bit more pleasant now...interesting, so is this the first design that does not require you to remove the front & rear bumpers?
I wouldn't say they are designed to reduce flex at all. They are basically noise cancellors. translation...."ooohhh comfortable."
Impressions of RV6 turbo on the street? How is spool time (i.e. once at turbo threshold / rpm req to spool, how long between throttle input and spool up)? Hard to get good feedback on this as most just point to the rpm at which turbo spools when you ask about turbo lag.Back together! We completed the install today and checked over every fitting, nut, bolt, and connector before the first start.
1) Instructions advise starting in accessory mode and checking for leaks at the HPFP, none observed. Check
2) With no leaks present, proceed to crank the engine 4-5 times to bring fuel back up through the LPFP, fuel lines, HPFP, fuel rail, injectors, and into the engine. Check
3) If the hardware is installed correctly and the tune takes properly, a rough start on the sixth attempt should quickly settle into a smooth idle. Check
4) Idle for 15 minutes, scanning for codes or leaks. Check
5) Take it for a drive on the basemap, listening for any inconsistencies, then return and recheck all fittings. Check
6) Perform the first datalog on the street and share it with your tuner, in this case, DRob. In progress.
7) Head to the dyno for a full tune on pump gas, with ethanol optional. Expected within the next 1-3 weeks.
![]()
I drove about 60 miles today. I got the 15-minute steady cruise + WOT in 3rd from 2000rpm logged. For some reason on two occasions the FlashPro didn’t log my 15-minute stop and go, which I’ll have to reattempt tomorrow, along with my first 15-minute cold start and idle.
More to come![]()
i strongly suggest removing the delay valve too (if you havent already).. pretty easy imo DIY if ur decent with a dremelOrdered rear brake caliper bushings and a clutch damper delete kit from Wunderladen today. I'm kinda skeptical of the caliper bushings, but I'm looking forward to the clutch damper delete. This clutch has always felt a little odd to me coming from my FK8. The release just isn't natural. I've stalled it twice in the last year. Never did with my FK8. I'm hoping this helps.
More reason why some people shouldn't have licenses, sorry that that happened to youOut running errands. Some jerk in a Challenger almost hit me, I was able to avoid getting into an accident, but the rear right tire rubbed the curb before I could turn back out completely, at least it saved the wheel.
Going to be getting a new tire, just in case.
![]()
Thanks! Either later this week or next, we’ll place gold reflective tape on the underside of the inlet pipe, and also re-attempt install of the PTP and/or Dream blanket.Hey brother, congrats. I would highly recommend a heat shield around that turbo's exhaust housing. Dream Automotive makes two options. I personally use the option that goes around the housing itself front/back, and then I have my downpipe wrapped as yours is. No issues.
thinking about getting the damper delete too. I agree the clutch is kinda weird. Seems like it’s very slightly inconsistent (?) idk how else to explain it. I got the wunderladen clutch pedal bushing and it’s really nice. Helps a smidge with feel.Ordered rear brake caliper bushings and a clutch damper delete kit from Wunderladen today. I'm kinda skeptical of the caliper bushings, but I'm looking forward to the clutch damper delete. This clutch has always felt a little odd to me coming from my FK8. The release just isn't natural. I've stalled it twice in the last year. Never did with my FK8. I'm hoping this helps.