• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

10th gen Si totalled. 11th gen Si advice..

Naija Bull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si, 2017 Si (past), 2015 Si (past)
I got into an accident a couple of months ago and I have some chasis damage that might need to total my car.

These are the cars that I am considering as a replacement (next car must be a manual):

2022 Civic Si
New BRZ/86
Miata

While I am not totally happy with the content I'll be losing coming from the 10th gen Si (Adaptive susp., dual zone climate, heated seats, digital Guage cluster, fog lights), I am a budget enthusiast and I still think the new Si is a decent value.

Now my question is this..to those who owned the 10th gen Si, are there any regrets? Is this a better Civic Si? Why? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

HardLuckFE1

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Civic Si
I got into an accident a couple of months ago and I have some chasis damage that might need to total my car.

These are the cars that I am considering as a replacement (next car must be a manual):

2022 Civic Si
New BRZ/86
Miata

While I am not totally happy with the content I'll be losing coming from the 10th gen Si (Adaptive susp., dual zone climate, heated seats, digital Guage cluster, fog lights), I am a budget enthusiast and I still think the new Si is a decent value.

Now my question is this..to those who owned the 10th gen Si, are there any regrets? Is this a better Civic Si? Why? Thanks in advance.
2022 si owner, k-tuned, blah blah.
If I could go back in time, brz all the way.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
I was disappointed not to have adaptive suspension on the 11th gen after the 10th gens had it. But looking at the system design I would never drive the car in comfort mode, and the sport mode of the 10th gen isn't any better than the fixed suspension settings of the 11th gen. So while it plays tricks with my mind by not having it, at the end of the day the 11th gen suspension is pretty much perfect.

I learned long ago that suspension engineers can tune a fixed shock and spring unit much better than drivers like me fooling around with adjustable settings.

Last edited:

Acer12

First Name
BB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Touring
I have the 2022 civic touring 9 months old, little mileage) and am having problems with it’s CBMS. I would stay away from 11 gen civic but that’s just based on my car experience and a few others I’ve read about.

OP
OP
Naija Bull

Naija Bull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 2022 civic touring 9 months old, little mileage) and am having problems with it’s CBMS. I would stay away from 11 gen civic but that’s just based on my car experience and a few others I’ve read about.
The 11th gens are known to have issues?

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
I came from a 2020 Si Coupe, drove it for 2 years. While the 10th gen is a great car and I think the coupe is the best looking, the 11th gen Si feels like a better put together car. From the way the shifter feels, the more consistent clutch pedal feel, and to the steering and chassis movement, it all feels much more solid and composed, probably mostly due to the stiffer Type-R bushings and even more rigid chassis.

The 11th gen interior is much simpler, the center console on the 10th gen is genius, but it has way too many separate panels that rubs against each other so there is higher chance of getting squeaks and rattles over time. I live in phoenix so the heated seats was not a big loss, especially with cloth seats. The active damper, while it was nice telling people my lowly civic has active dampers, I spend most of my time in normal mode since sport mode made the car wayyy too stiff on streets with less than perfect pavement. The 10th gen Si is the one that really could have used an 'individual' mode.

You will need to test drive the 11th gen to really see what most people mean when they say the 11th gen Si "feels better".

other choices are great, but they seem to be on the opposite end of the spectrum, can't go wrong with any of these cars as long as you get the one that will meet most of your wants/needs.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
OP: Do you need the extra space and better gas mileage or not? If not, BRZ/86 all day. Or even a Miata as someone else suggested.

IMO, The 10th gen SI was a great value when you could get one at 21.xK +TTL. At MSRP I wouldn't have touched it. (FWD, meh motor, cheap feeling cloths in the interior).

While the 11th gen is arguably better than the 10th, it is more of a side step than a step forward. This is especially true with the American version of the car. The 11th's interior is an improvement, but still somewhat meh on the material side. They lessened the rev-hang with a SMF, but they still stuck with an under spec'ed clutch.

OP
OP
Naija Bull

Naija Bull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I came from a 2020 Si Coupe, drove it for 2 years. While the 10th gen is a great car and I think the coupe is the best looking, the 11th gen Si feels like a better put together car. From the way the shifter feels, the more consistent clutch pedal feel, and to the steering and chassis movement, it all feels much more solid and composed, probably mostly due to the stiffer Type-R bushings and even more rigid chassis.

The 11th gen interior is much simpler, the center console on the 10th gen is genius, but it has way too many separate panels that rubs against each other so there is higher chance of getting squeaks and rattles over time. I live in phoenix so the heated seats was not a big loss, especially with cloth seats. The active damper, while it was nice telling people my lowly civic has active dampers, I spend most of my time in normal mode since sport mode made the car wayyy too stiff on streets with less than perfect pavement. The 10th gen Si is the one that really could have used an 'individual' mode.

You will need to test drive the 11th gen to really see what most people mean when they say the 11th gen Si "feels better".

other choices are great, but they seem to be on the opposite end of the spectrum, can't go wrong with any of these cars as long as you get the one that will meet most of your wants/needs.
Which car feels faster? 10th gen Si or 11 gen Si?

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Which car feels faster? 10th gen Si or 11 gen Si?
The 11th gen feels a tad bit quicker off the line due to the lighter flywheel, the throttle just feels more responsive, that feeling of the torque fall-off isn't as bad in the 11th compared to the 10th (speaking fully stock, this gets fixed with a custom or off the shelf tunes).

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
The 11th gen feels a tad bit quicker off the line due to the lighter flywheel, the throttle just feels more responsive, that feeling of the torque fall-off isn't as bad in the 11th compared to the 10th (speaking fully stock, this gets fixed with a custom or off the shelf tunes).
Yeah the 11th gen builds boost with higher rpms and vtec introduced somewhere in the upper rpm band (I think it is around 4500 some say 5300 ?) , it revs pretty fast causing me to hit redline quite a bit.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I've had my 10th Gen Si for 4 years..it's a nice car esp. if you tint the windows, upgrade the stereo w/amp/a real sub plus spend on some higher quality tires. I'd be hard pressed to go with an 11th Gen Si since they skimped out to make room for the Integra.

I'm with you a manual all the way, along with the BRZ, Miata I'd also look at:
1. Mazda 3 hatchback(I think this lacks a decent rear suspension, but a really nice sporty car).
2. Acura Integra(This is the Si hatch we never got).
3. Civic Sport Hatch.
4. GR Corolla(The core model will be available this fall).
--Note: I"M ALL IN on the GR Corolla--
Sponsored

Last edited: