• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
https://tflcar.com/2021/06/2022-honda-civic-si-spied-news/

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar Honda-Civic-Si-three-quarter

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar Honda-Civic-Si-rear-1024x553

There’s a bit more here than meets the eye.
As we speak, the ever-popular 2022 Honda Civic sedan is hitting dealers nationwide. In about a weeks’ time, we’ll see the updated hatchback model. What’s missing from the picture for the time being, though, is both the hotter Si model, and of course the king of the hill Type R. The latter will naturally be along in due time, but the 2022 Honda Civic Si is next up on the launch calendar, and before that we have a proper look at what certainly looks like the next-gen model.

Like the outgoing tenth-generation, casual observers may not spot the Si for what it is at first glance. Especially in this gray hue, it looks like the standard sedan in three-quarter view. However, there are some clues that help give the game away for the higher-performance version. The mesh grille kicks off the changes — with this car wearing a little bit of camouflage to hide the minor changes along the bumper over the regular car. The Si loses that small lip that fostered some division on the styling, at least in some comments leading up to our side-by-side 10th versus 11th-gen comparison. That small detail alone makes the Si look quite a bit sportier, to my mind. Most of the remaining details look similar to the sedan, including the headlights and remaining front clip.

Then there are the wheels. Now, you can get those wheels on the regular Civic sedan as part of the HPD package, available on Sport models (shown below). That adds some blacked out trim pieces, the 10-spoke wheels and a rear deck spoiler. On the less powerful sedan, however, you’re limited to a 2.0-liter engine with 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque, mated to a continuously variable transmission.

• 11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar Civic-Sport-3-1024x576
  • 11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar Civic-Sport-2-1024x576
  • 11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar Civic-Sport-1-1024x576
The upcoming Honda Civic Si looks to take many of the styling cues from the HPD (Honda Performance Development) package, including the wheels and spoiler.

What can we tell about performance?

Out back, there are some signs you can expect sportier ambitions out of the 2022 Honda Civic Si. The exhaust pipes are identical to what you’d get on the Touring model, which packs a 1.5-liter turbocharged engine. The old Si also used this engine, and it’s certain to make another appearance in the eleventh generation model. Apart from the pipes, the lower rear fascia looks slightly different to the standard Civic’s Touring trim, giving off a bit more of a sporty look. Check out the car’s back end below:

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar Honda-Civic-Si-rear-1024x553

It looks like there’s one more small clue to this car’s identity — the badging. No, you can’t see it since Honda decided to tape over the three rear badges. However, while the left and center badges are clearly the size of the “Civic” script and Honda’s brand logo respectively, the right side looks too small to say “Sport” or “Touring”. More to the point, those cars have already been revealed at this point, so it’s not like we wouldn’t know what’s hiding under there. The magic of the Civic Si has been the improved performance without all the boy-racerness of the Type R, and Honda’s certainly keeping that stealthy look going.

In the old model, the 1.5-liter turbocharged four-banger put out 205 horsepower and 195 lb-ft of torque. Even better for three-pedal enthusiasts, it only came with a 6-speed manual transmission. We expect the same here, although Honda may well give us a bit more oomph this time around. Same goes for the Type R, though we may have to wait a bit longer for that one. At this point, it’s unclear whether the automaker will continue its drip-drip-drip approach of launching the sedan, then the hatchback, then the Si and Type R separately, or bundle the two together to cap off the 11th-gen’s commencement.

At any rate, don’t expect a two-door version of any Civic this time around — the coupe is officially dead. While I understand that, I do feel some pity as I loved the “old” Civic Si Coupe. The more practical sedan is the one I’d actually buy, though, so I’m excited Honda’s at least keeping that going.
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
was wondering how they were going to make the 11th gen look "sporty"

given the mundane body lines i think there's only so much you can do

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link

OP
OP

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar Honda-Civic-Si-three-quarter

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar Honda-Civic-Si-rear

Not even a subtle lip kit, side sills or anything! Wowza.

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
I would say yes, that's probably the Si. VERY subtle changes, which is what I expected. A couple things that they noted have also been seen on hatchback spy shot models (either because there will be an Si version, or because the hatch will continue to use Si cues across it's trims similar to the 10th gen which shared its unique front bumper treatment with the Si models) which helps the hatch continue it's more sporty vibe over the sedan. The small covered rear badge also helps give away that this is most likely the Si.

Things also seen on the hatch in various spy shots (which have shown various trims):
- The mesh type upper grille
- The more narrow/concave front lip behind the emblem, similar to what we saw on the prototype
- The subtle rear lip spoiler, probably similar to the HPD spoiler, if not the exact one

I definitely think they could've leaned in a bit more to help add some sporty flair. Small side spoilers would've helped similar to the HPD ones. A different pattern in the lower grille area would help too. A slightly more aggressive rear diffuser.

I also lament that honda didn't think to make the lower foglight/grille/lip trim gloss black like on the prototype, at least on the Si/Sport/Touring models, if not just the Si and Touring for a more upscale look.

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
LOL.

Honda accountant: $99 honeycomb grille + $99 stick-on spoiler + $60 Si badges + $250 seat covers + $500 ECU tune + $0 6MT = Suckers Identifier (Si) @ $26700

Profit!!!!!!!

?

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Yes this is the Si model. Like Robb mentioned the upper grill portion is borrowed from the up coming Civic Hatchback. The Dual exhaust pipes make it more obvious that this is the Si model due in part that the Sport Civic doesn’t have dual it has a single exhaust pipe. This point that it will retain its 1.5T engine.

You guys also gotta remember not to long ago Honda announced that they are no longer developing new ICE engines and they will primarily rely on existing ones to bump power over time.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Yes this is the Si model. Like Robb mentioned the upper grill portion is borrowed from the up coming Civic Hatchback. The Dual exhaust pipes make it more obvious that this is the Si model due in part that the Sport Civic doesn’t have dual it has a single exhaust pipe. This point that it will retain its 1.5T engine.

You guys also gotta remember not to long ago Honda announced that they are no longer developing new ICE engines and they will primarily rely on existing ones to bump power over time.
Nobody is complaining about the power, the L15B is still a great engine. It's the bland looks for me.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Nobody is complaining about the power, the L15B is still a great engine. It's the bland looks for me.
Agreed. I guess Honda is changing "Sport Injected" to "Snooze Injected". ;)

I mean, even those exhaust tips look small and Pep Boys-ish.

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th gen Civic Si spotted by TFLcar Honda-Civic-Si-rear~2

OP
OP

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Right NOBODY has complained about the engine...its the looks or lack of distinguishing looks for me. Damn thing even uses the same wheels as the Sport. Perhaps they will come in a different finish cause at this point I will just take the ST Hatch...with a manual if Honda doesnt disappoint me there.