• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2018 Sentra SR Turbo, 2013 GT-R Black Edition, 2009 Nismo 370Z
Not feeling it, looks like "are we a Honda BMW R" - Not near as sleek at the 10th gen looks IMO. This is likely for the 2025 model work though and the Type R will have to be hybrid by 2025 with the rest of the honda lineup to be able to say all of there vehicles are hybrid, which was accelerated from 2030 to 2025 by Honda. Highly doubt gen 11 on 2021 since they already have show the 2021 LE type R as the same body design for next years release.

They will make minor changes leading to the hybrid release. I highly doubt you see Gen 11 prior to 2025. Why break what's already working for them in the civic line.

Those are the 20" x 8.5" BBS forged wheels for the 2011LE Type R.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
We can only take this with a grain of salt. Preproduction means NOTHING. It probably has a mish mash of current gen and next gen body panels bolted on. When they were testing the 10th gen civic hatch they used the front end of an ILX for gods sake.

Also, there's no way honda would introduce a Type R accord that would directly compete with the new Type S TLX. I'm hoping if anything Acura will give up on the ILX which will allow the civic more room to diversify that sporty compact offering since it no longer will have to worry about stepping on ILX sales.

JT Si

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MSM Civic Si
This is a new car. It's not a refresh.
That's why it does not look like current gen Type-R, or current gen Accord.
Just like how 10th gen civic doesn't look anything like the 9th gen.

Also, let's remember that these test mules rarely use production parts at this stage of the development.
So whatever you see isn't exactly what you will see when it actually comes out.
Oh and let's not forget that the whole thing's covered in camo lol I see a lot of people with some x-ray vision or something.
The camo doesn't cover up the panel gaps. The camo doesn't cover up the reflectors. The camo doesn't cover the windows.

A lot of body panels look like they are exactly the same as the accord, including the windows and A/B pillars.

Unless they are faking us out by covering the thing in accord body panels, and then a layer of camo over it, it's an Accord.

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
It's hard to tell so early on...but what I see looks great. It looks lower and wider and has meatier wider tires than the FK8. It's super early, but I think this looks very promising.

Exciting news on a boring Friday morning!

BoldBrandFlakes

First Name
Brando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic 4dr Sedan
Looks like Dodge styling in my opinion. Like literally change the grill to a Dodge quad grill then BOOM. But I’m going to hold my judgement until we get revealed images.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
The camo doesn't cover up the panel gaps. The camo doesn't cover up the reflectors. The camo doesn't cover the windows.

A lot of body panels look like they are exactly the same as the accord, including the windows and A/B pillars.

Unless they are faking us out by covering the thing in accord body panels, and then a layer of camo over it, it's an Accord.
You can cover all of them with proper camo.
Some European companies even make them look like other brands' cars on purpose.

In earlier stages, it's common to use parts from other cars.
The very first spy shot of the current gen Type-R was ILX hatchback with huge wheels.
I do see some resemblance to current gen accord, but it's not 100% same.
And last time I checked, accord was not 5 door.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Here's a list of styling cues that appear to be similar or identical to the accord in my above side-by-side.

The hood line length and shape
The placement of the rear red reflector
The absence of side markers (integrated into the headlamp like the accord)
The shape of both side windows.
The base of the windshield, where it falls relative to the front wheel.
The placement of the door handles.
The absence of a hatch.
The shape of the roofline.
The shape of both doors.
The shape of the trunklid.
All of this. It’s looking more and more like an Accord TR to me. Everything is matching up to the Accord. In the interior you can clearly see how similar to the Accord it is. The steering wheel is the same as the current gen Accord.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a32644001/honda-civic-type-r-spied-2022/

Here's Car and Driver's first article about the spy shots.

It's pretty clear this is a hatchback and not an accord. If you look at the rear 3/4 shots you can see the panel gap where the hatch opens. The civic is due for a redesign, the accord won't be for another couple of years. Does it really surprise anyone that honda would potentially pull design cues from the Accord and put them on the 11th gen civic (thus the similarities)?

The 10th gen civic was honda's first go into their current corporate image. The accord and insight followed soon after with slightly more matured versions of the same design language. So it makes sense that the civic would see that same type of maturing of the design to bring it more in line with the rest of the lineup, that includes both the exterior and interior design.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda 3 GT Hatch 6AT
I did some ghetto photoshop editing to see if the Accord body fits with the spyshot.. it does in some areas, but doesn't in others. As some have noted, the rear end is too short compared to the current Accord.

11th Gen Honda Civic 11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!! accord_11g_ctr_com

incinerator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 1997 Del Sol Si
I doubt the front grill is really split like that, it's probably just a vertical strip of camo covering the emblem. Sure helps the disguise to look more BMW-like at first glance.

civic5x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Type R, '16 Civic Sedan Touring, 2016 Land Rover LR4
Too early to tell for me but I will probably (not for sure) like it a little better.
Sponsored