• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Yes and no. The Accord has more of the curvy, swoopy look our 10th gen has. The 11th gen render seems more upright and boxy looking. Like something you'd see in a sporty truck. Odd really.
I agree, but I was talking about the infotainment, which should be similar to the one we see on Accord.

As far as the dashboard goes, I do have the same feeling that it looks outdated like putting an infotainment on 90s Honda.
Sponsored

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
as long as they increase the screen size, I’ll be fine with it. Doubt they’d go widescreen, but that would be sexy. CarPlay on a widescreen (ie the Mazda 3) looks great.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Well, they just revealed the refreshed accord, and the only change they made to the current (i think it's 8") screen is that it's standard on ALL trim levels. So I would guess, the civic will also see standard touchscreen, apple carplay, AA, with the same 8" screen, which is slightly larger than the 10G 7" screen.

Personally I'd love to see Honda offer a larger screen on upper trims, or a fully digital instrument screen like many automakers are starting to offer. The 10G upper trims already have the digital speedo/tach, but I'd like to see a 9-10" fully digital cockpit, at least on higher trims.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Well, they just revealed the refreshed accord, and the only change they made to the current (i think it's 8") screen is that it's standard on ALL trim levels. So I would guess, the civic will also see standard touchscreen, apple carplay, AA, with the same 8" screen, which is slightly larger than the 10G 7" screen.

Personally I'd love to see Honda offer a larger screen on upper trims, or a fully digital instrument screen like many automakers are starting to offer. The 10G upper trims already have the digital speedo/tach, but I'd like to see a 9-10" fully digital cockpit, at least on higher trims.
Agreed on your second point. Korea is coming out with some really nice interior dash/infotainment designs in their Hyundai's. Honda seems to be lacking on this front.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Agreed on your second point. Korea is coming out with some really nice interior dash/infotainment designs in their Hyundai's. Honda seems to be lacking on this front.
Thats because Kia/Hyundai attracted former stafmembers of the VW group and it shows.

+ its now wireless AA and AC on the refresh

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
I'm getting a strong 92+ Civic vibe from these dash images.

I can see Honda will be using a tombstone style infotainment screen, my wife has a 2020 Corolla HB and we actually like the tombstone style. Some people loathe it.

Another thing about our 2020 Corolla HB, it is such a massive improvement over previous Toyotas, I would not doubt that Honda also applies the same progress to the Gen11 Civic. I joke that our Corolla HB is just an under-powered Lexus. But it's mostly true, stitched dash, soft touch everywhere, standard all-LED lighting, etc. Yeah, I bet Honda does something similar with this new Civic.

Looking forward to the CTR!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I'm getting a strong 92+ Civic vibe from these dash images.

I can see Honda will be using a tombstone style infotainment screen, my wife has a 2020 Corolla HB and we actually like the tombstone style. Some people loathe it.

Another thing about our 2020 Corolla HB, it is such a massive improvement over previous Toyotas, I would not doubt that Honda also applies the same progress to the Gen11 Civic. I joke that our Corolla HB is just an under-powered Lexus. But it's mostly true, stitched dash, soft touch everywhere, standard all-LED lighting, etc. Yeah, I bet Honda does something similar with this new Civic.

Looking forward to the CTR!
Is the 275 hp Corolla going to be the current hatch or an all new model? While I like the styling of the current one, the trunk is very small, so I'm hoping they'll make a more conventional new hatch when it gets the turbo from the GR4.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Is the 275 hp Corolla going to be the current hatch or an all new model? While I like the styling of the current one, the trunk is very small, so I'm hoping they'll make a more conventional new hatch when it gets the turbo from the GR4.
According to Toyota USA, it's going to be using the current hatch.
You are correct, the hatch area in our Corolla HB is itty-bitty-tiny. We cross-shopped the Civic HB, which I preferred, but the wife wanted a truly small car.
I am intrigued by the GR Corolla, and although I have even signed up for updates from Toyota USA, I highly doubt I'd buy it. Toyota's are infamous for being resistant to tuning. Even turbo Toyota/Lexus resist tuning.
However, with AWD and (I think) 268HP it'll be a decent out of the box ripper. Definitely a good choice in areas with bad weather like Washington state.
Sponsored