• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic hatchback lease pricing

aduffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EX-l
I went to a dealer today and test drove a touring trim. Overall really impressed with the handling and interior improvements. I asked for a leasing quote on a 2022 sonic gray hatchback. They came back and told me they have one in transit but refused to give me actually numbers due to money factor changing. Is this normal to not even get a quote before buying?
Sponsored

josh_hp

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback - Sport Touring
I went to a dealer today and test drove a touring trim. Overall really impressed with the handling and interior improvements. I asked for a leasing quote on a 2022 sonic gray hatchback. They came back and told me they have one in transit but refused to give me actually numbers due to money factor changing. Is this normal to not even get a quote before buying?
Same question here! My dealer refused to give a quote on a lease price (Chicago suburbs), and said we could do basically a blind $500 deposit, and they'd let us know if a car similar to what we're looking for comes in, but without a price. A.K.A., gives them the entirety of the leverage.

Anyone know what we can do? I know they change their money factors & programs at the start of each month (seems pretty arbitrary to me), but how will we ever get a car if their availability lags by more than a few weeks?

Lazyturbo

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Is the Hatchback still only available for pre-order? Or have some people actually received their vehicle already?

josh_hp

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback - Sport Touring
Is the Hatchback still only available for pre-order? Or have some people actually received their vehicle already?
I just received my 2022 Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray Pearl this week! I too had a lot of nonsense from various dealers, but contacting as many as humanly possible and then choosing the most honest and forthright was a winning strategy. They said they would honor the deal at MSRP based on this month's money factor and residual values, and it only took about a week from build date (10/9) to arrival (10/16) from the plant in Indiana to Chicago. I also managed to get our monthly payment effectively lower than our 2018 Civic Hatchback EX by selling to CarMax rather than trading in to Honda.

I posted a big write up with some tips on how to get the best deal on a new car, and my first impressions of the upgraded Hatch: https://www.civicxi.com/forum/threa...otos-sport-touring-in-sonic-gray-pearl.50129/

Good luck, and keep us updated!