• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I know I'm probably in the minority, but I always thought the EX version was the best bang for the buck - and I was looking to get the EX-L even though I don't really want leather seating (yeah, I'm weird). But now the EX-L apparently doesn't have fog lights or sat radio for the trim level... What the hell, Honda? Totally de-contented the trim level (yes, I know it has LED head lamps) and raised the price. I'd even pay to add the fog lamps but no such option.
Its a damn shame...I bet the SI (in the US) won't get the full digital cluster, XM radio or the premium audio system.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Honda, at least from my perspective has screwed up in so many ways on this gen. I'm so glad I have a tuned Cosmic Blue 10th gen.

I mean, the packaging on Hondas has always been weird but the 11th gen is really weird. Calling the lower powered hatch "Sport" is ridiculous. Maybe LX-S would have been more accurate.

Should have been LX (2.0NA), LX-S (2.0NA), Sport (1.5T) and for those who want leather and premium features ... Sport Touring (1.5T). But that would be too logical.

Another thing, my current car is leather but I also don't mind cloth seats. To only offer the turbo hatches in leather is ludicrous. Attention Honda: not everyone who likes sporty cars with turbos wants leather.

Last edited:

djlythium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
The only way I’d find such a price compelling is if it was the invoice for the turbo sport model. Otherwise, same old nonsense.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Honda, at least from my perspective has screwed up in so many ways on this gen. I'm so glad I have a tuned Cosmic Blue 10th gen.

I mean, the packaging on Hondas has always been weird but the 11th gen is really weird. Calling the lower powered hatch "Sport" is ridiculous. Maybe LX-S would have been more accurate.

Should have been LX (2.0NA), LX-S (2.0NA), Sport (1.5T) and for those who want leather and premium features ... Sport Touring (1.5T). But that would be too logical.

Another thing, my current car is leather but I also don't mind cloth seats. To only offer the turbo hatches in leather is ludicrous. Attention Honda: not everyone who likes sporty cars with turbos wants leather.
Especially those of us in hot weather climates. Cheap black leather in the summer is an absolute no-go for me unless the seats are cooled. I’m in the process of finding covers for my Z4 because the black leather buckets are just too much to deal with. Haven’t driven the car in two weeks.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatchback
Especially those of us in hot weather climates. Cheap black leather in the summer is an absolute no-go for me unless the seats are cooled. I’m in the process of finding covers for my Z4 because the black leather buckets are just too much to deal with. Haven’t driven the car in two weeks.
Yeah totally agree. I'm in central Texas and it gets damn hawt. Last thing I like to do is step into a freaking oven and grill my ass. The cloth at least helps a little in sparing myself from smelling bacon. LOL.

The other alternative if I still want an "EX" trim with cloth seats is go with the sedate, um, I mean sedan EX. But then I'm still short-changed on the siriusxm radio and lack of fogs. I just have a hard time justifying throwing another few grand just to have those options that are seemingly a no-brainer for other car manufacturers.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Its a damn shame...I bet the SI (in the US) won't get the full digital cluster, XM radio or the premium audio system.
I am verrryyyyy curious to see how the Si turns out. Like @silverrascal , I've always found the EX trim (which the 10th gen Si is mostly based on) to be the Honda sweet spot. I too can't believe they are putting SiriusXM on touring only now. I love the new interior, but no satellite radio is an absolute dealbreaker for me. I'll happily stick with my 10th gen, which has been flawless for me so far.

cammyfive

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Acura TSX Tech Sedan - Hers, 2020 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Mine
I am verrryyyyy curious to see how the Si turns out. Like @silverrascal , I've always found the EX trim (which the 10th gen Si is mostly based on) to be the Honda sweet spot. I too can't believe they are putting SiriusXM on touring only now. I love the new interior, but no satellite radio is an absolute dealbreaker for me. I'll happily stick with my 10th gen, which has been flawless for me so far.
I enjoy satellite radio too, but why not download the Sirius radio app and use it via CarPlay. If you have a Sirius subscription you can use the app for free.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Yeah these are some dogshit prices if you want a 6MT. It really makes me wonder how much the new Si is going to cost now. Imagine it's 30k and only makes 230hp crank? Meanwhile a kia k5 has 290hp crank. Yeah, no. Makes sense why they haven't revealed it now. At least put a k20C4/6 in it at this point.

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
I enjoy satellite radio too, but why not download the Sirius radio app and use it via CarPlay. If you have a Sirius subscription you can use the app for free.
I'm an Android owner, not Apple, and IMO Android Auto is hot garbage. The nannying "six tap limit" (causing it to freeze for "safety" when accessing almost anything via touch) is infuriating to me, I couldn't imagine trying to navigate SiriusXM with it. Instead, I mount the phone on my dash (thank goodness for the Civicx aftermarket) and use that for maps and podcasts. And I'd also say my experience with the SiriusXm app on my phones has been poor as well. I try to use it for streaming NFL games sometimes, and it constantly crashes on me.

(Overall I prefer Android's OS to Apple, which is why I don't switch -- but Android Auto :mad::mad:)

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
And 30K for a 182 hp/177tq manual turbo Civic hatch (albeit really well equipped), will have a lot of people looking elsewhere. I mean a 2022 GTI starts out at a similar price and gives you 241 hp and 273 tq.
Yup, Honda needs to step it up with the si this year for sure. Makes our 11th gen purchase for the EX sedan at 25k a lot more worth it looking at that price even if its a CVT.
Sponsored

Reactions: mjh