• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

TypeSiR

First Name
Car Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, CTR, MX-5, Fit
Looks nice and refined (Touring trim). No offensive body lines/adornments. The Civic has finally evolved into an Accord. Not a bad thing as not many people want a small car (Fit, Mazda3) anymore (in the US).

Coupe lovers should Google “Honda Prologue patent images” that appeared on the USPTO on April 8.
Sponsored

TigerEyeJazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X2 M35i
Looks nice and refined (Touring trim). No offensive body lines/adornments. The Civic has finally evolved into an Accord. Not a bad thing as not many people want a small car (Fit, Mazda3) anymore (in the US).

Coupe lovers should Google “Honda Prologue patent images” that appeared on the USPTO on April 8.
The thing is with the whole evolving into an Accord is that it still might have the exact same interior dimensions as the current model as the chassis is literally the same except for a few things that are hidden so technically it’s just the exterior that makes you think that it’s grown.

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Unfortunately the Prologue looks like it'll be a rear battery EV that'll probably cost $50k+ (assuming the recently filed patent images are related), hardly a replacement for the $20-30k civic coupe. Not knocking the idea... a true Halo car like that would be awesome, but have a lot working against wide spread success in terms of sales. Of course, the patent images may not be related at all, and the Prologue will be the spiritual successor to the Prelude... time will tell. Either way an EV is going to be substantially more expensive, unless the patent lends itself to hybrids as well.

A proper CR-Z Sport Hybrid or even Prelude-esque coupe would be a better replacement for the gap left by the Civic Coupe, but that's sadly doubtful. I get that the low sales of the Civic Coupe (and small cars in general) were it's demise... but I'm not sure a $50k EV sports car is really the answer... can't imagine more sales for a super niche' model like that compared to offering us a performance focused 3 door hatch CR-Z or Prelude coupe in a more attainable price range, with a more widely useable powertrain. Maybe that's what the Prologue will be...

Honda also has an EV crossover on the horizon... Prologue could be the name for that, especially appropriate considering it'll be Honda's first widely marketed EV... a Prologue of electric cars yet to come...

Last edited:

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
The thing is with the whole evolving into an Accord is that it still might have the exact same interior dimensions as the current model as the chassis is literally the same except for a few things that are hidden so technically it’s just the exterior that makes you think that it’s grown.
People act like this is the first time the Accord and Civic have looked similar... those cars in the 80s and 90s were more or less identical other than their size, sharing a lot of styling elements. It wasn't until the early 2000s that they diverged away from one another, and now are coming closer in line again.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
I wonder if the US Civics get parking sensors like in the pic Honda posted. Sad to see it doesn't have the glossy window pillars though. But like most others, not a fan of this gen's design. I guess at least that helps me not feel so bad about having an older gen, now :lol:

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Side mirrors can be like 10th gen
Lower grill is too much big
Besides fog light there is like parking sensor
3rd brake light can be led
Can be side marker on the side bumper like 10th gen but different location
Headlights looks like still halogen for some trim i think.
2022-Honda-Civic-Sedan.jpg
I'm pretty sure all models will have LED headlights now. It looks like LED reflectors, though, sadly, which aren't as good as a projector.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with this gen. Honda Japan clearly wasn't thrilled with the California designed 10th gen even though it was a huge seller here.

The thing is, it was the somewhat over the top looks that got a lot of people excited. Me included. I mean I was a big Honda fanboy in the 80's and 90's but started to get bored with their designs and moved on to other brands.

This is still a gamble for Honda. They're betting that the more mature, cleaner styling will get people onboard who couldn't stomach the 10th gen looks. The question is, are they alienating/disappointing a big portion of their base?

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
It will be interesting to see how it all plays out with this gen. Honda Japan clearly wasn't thrilled with the California designed 10th gen even though it was a huge seller here.

The thing is, it was the somewhat over the top looks that got a lot of people excited. Me included. I mean I was a big Honda fanboy in the 80's and 90's but started to get bored with their designs and moved on to other brands.

This is still a gamble for Honda. They're betting that the more mature, cleaner styling will get people onboard who couldn't stomach the 10th gen looks. The question is, are they alienating/disappointing a big portion of their base?
I think this move will turn off a lot of the Civic's audience, which seems to be (typically) younger people who're buying their first new car. Myself included, this Civic was my first new car and I was immensely attracted because of the sporty design and driving feel.

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
I think this move will turn off a lot of the Civic's audience, which seems to be (typically) younger people who're buying their first new car. Myself included, this Civic was my first new car and I was immensely attracted because of the sporty design and driving feel.
Hah, I would argue most younger people buying a Civic as their new car do it because it's (a) Honda and (b) cheaper end of car pricing.
There will only be a subset that prioritizes looks. Most people drive these things as commuters, not sports cars.

I picked up a 10th gen civic because it gave me a hatchback and a smaller car, fuck the accord its a boomermobile in size, and honestly SUVs just aren't fun. The looks however? I prefer the 11th but it ain't a deal breaker as I'm not staring at the exterior all day.

Last edited:

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Hah, I would argue most younger people buying a Civic as their new car do it because it's (a) Honda and (b) cheaper end of car pricing.
There will only be a subset that prioritizes looks. Most people drive these things as commuters, not sports cars.

I picked up a 10th gen civic because it gave me a hatchback and a smaller car, fuck the accord its a boomermobile in size, and honestly SUVs just aren't fun. The looks however? I prefer the 11th but it ain't a deal breaker as I'm not staring at the exterior all day.
To each their own regarding styling. I went w the Civic bc it was what I could afford at the time, was the most fun to drive and looked the best IMO out of the segment.

dbowe4415

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback

Same reason I traded in my 2015 Accord for a 2018 Civic Hatch - I valued the Hatch’s utility, wanted something smaller than the Accord but wanted to stick with Honda, and the price was solid. Sure, I absolutely love the styling, but it wasn’t even a primary reason as to why I got the car.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
This thing makes the prototype look good! And I wasn't a fan of the prototype initially, so maybe when I get used to the new design, I won't be so turned off by it. Even if that happens, I'm still not upgrading my 10th gen for this. Thanks Honda for saving me some cash!