• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
I don’t like those so glad they’re on the sedan. Means the hatch should get different wheels. :)

The 10th gen was the outlier, the Civic never looked so sporty in base form. Maybe the 5th is the closest, the coupe looked amazing.
The 5th gen was my last Honda until the 10th.

Based on that, I guess I'll have to wait til the 15th gen to find another one I like. ;)

Honda is so weird when it comes to styling. I mean the 10th gen was a monster hit precisely because it was such a refreshing change from the same old same old. Now they're going back to playing it safe and staid.
Sponsored

Last edited:

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The 5th gen was my last Honda until the 10th.

Based on that, I guess I'll have to wait til the 15th gen to find another one I like. ;)

Honda is so weird when it comes to styling. I mean the 10th gen was a monster hit precisely because it was such a refreshing change from the same old same old. Now they're going back to playing it safe and staid.
Id guess it’s either cause it’s so hard to follow a design hit with another one. Look at BMW. Or else it’s a political thing, US vs Japan design teams.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Id guess it’s either cause it’s so hard to follow a design hit with another one. Look at BMW. Or else it’s a political thing, US vs Japan design teams.
I think it's the latter. The 10th gen was penned by Honda's California studio. I'm guessing it was too "out there" for Honda Japan who did the design on the 11th gen.

Last edited:

McDavid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX
Its interesting, seemed the 10th gen revamped the whole car segment, with the sporty design and futuristic styling, and the other car companies have followed Hondas lead, but now they've seemingly gone against the grain and toned it down

Last edited:

delfinom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006 V6 EXL
Its interesting, seemed the 10th gen revamped the whole car segment, with the sporty design and futuristic styling, and the other car companies have followed Hondas lead, but now they've seemingly gone against the grain and toned it down
Turns out it did nothing to salvage the car sales from plummeting.
According to Honda commentary recently, it looks like they are also going to position the redesigned HR-V as the "entry to the Honda world" instead of the Civic.

Adil

First Name
Adil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5t
I kind of like the toned down looks. I think its still going to be low and wide but with less clutter. Looks like a nice wheel option that fills the fender nicely. Like a grown up and groomed 10th gen.
I really hope to have one in South Africa, most manufactures here are not bringing Hatch backs or Sedans in favor of dreaded SUV's. I have been considering others like the Corolla or Mazda but nothing comes close in terms of space, power and economy. Considering a i30 N (only decent HB available) but it looks dates compared to the civic's.

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, Honda Accord CU1( Acura TSX 2nd Gen)
I really like the 11th Gen Design. Clean curves, nothing unusual with great proportions.
The white one with black rims does look great. I would not choose black because it makes the civic too boxy.

dbowe4415

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda3 s Grand Touring Hatchback

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Very encouraged to see this video. I'm with the simplistic interior philosophy, though I'd say the Accord's is already there.

The 10th generation's greatest weakness is that infotainment system, so if this updated interior is a decent upgrade to the Accord's (which is already solid IMO), I'll be thrilled.
Absolutely. If this is across the entire lineup, I’m going to be a very happy Type R owner when they’re out.

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Damn that thing is hideous, reminds me of a 90s Monte Carlo or something... Honda needs to bring it all back to Japan and stop letting foreigners design their cars... 8th gen was the very last of the best Honda civics, I’d say 6th was because 7th gen was a horror story, but 8th gen kind of redeemed that and then completely lost it by the 9th....

ElusiveJones

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L
Damn that thing is hideous, reminds me of a 90s Monte Carlo or something... Honda needs to bring it all back to Japan and stop letting foreigners design their cars... 8th gen was the very last of the best Honda civics, I’d say 6th was because 7th gen was a horror story, but 8th gen kind of redeemed that and then completely lost it by the 9th....
Didn't someone just say that the 11 design was done by Japan?

Also, am I alone in thinking that hot hatch looks super tacky? To each their own and no judgement here, just wondering if I'm finally at that age where I don't know what cool is anymore lol.

I'll be happy with my 10th Gen 1.5t coupe while this next Gen passes by :)

RobbJK

First Name
Robb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Didn't someone just say that the 11 design was done by Japan?

Also, am I alone in thinking that hot hatch looks super tacky? To each their own and no judgement here, just wondering if I'm finally at that age where I don't know what cool is anymore lol.

I'll be happy with my 10th Gen 1.5t coupe while this next Gen passes by :)
you are correct. The 10th gen was designed by Honda Americas California studio ... the 11th gen is the Japan design studio.

The Japanese decided the 10th gen was far too busy and over styled. They decided a less is more, human centric focus to design was better for this generation. It is very much in the vein of the 90s civics in it’s simplicity.
Sponsored