• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic SI: The price markups are coming

JerseyJerk

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic EX
I know this shouldn't be a huge surprise, but I was told today to expect a 3k-6k markup on a '22 SI for the first half of 2022 because of the limited inventory. Obviously this will fluctuate from dealer to dealer, but this was from one that's been pretty reputable and upfront about pricing. They said 1 out of 15 Civics coming in will be SIs.
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Don’t go broke on markups people. A Civic si is not worth more than 30k. Young buyers looking to buy their first new car especially beware. If you’re bringing home less than 50k a year and you have significant student loan debt, a 500$ a month car payment will handicap your financial future.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Don’t go broke on markups people. A Civic si is not worth more than 30k. Young buyers looking to buy their first new car especially beware. If you’re bringing home less than 50k a year and you have significant student loan debt, a 500$ a month car payment will handicap your financial future.
SD is right, no reason to go broke over a new car, no matter how tempting .Here in Vegas if I bought a new 30k-35k Si I'd have to pay 3k in tax/registration and to renew reg every year is outrageous too. Or I can keep on driving my 17 Si and only pay yearly registration of $350. Honestly, looking back over the years I was only really happy with 1 of the 3 NEW cars I ever bought and the dealership experience was awful in every instance. I've bought 5 used Hondas/Acuras and every one worked out great except for an early 00's TL, the 96 TL was much better probably the best car I ever had.
New:
88 Accord DX Hatchback -
Very Good B+ 98 HP the Civic Si Hatch would have been more fun Dealer experience in OKC D+
00 Civic Si -
Piece of tinny crap. D. Too small, got stolen twice after Fast & Furious came out. Dealer experience in KC, MO F
06 Scion xB
- Ok this was a fun, practical sub compact B that I kept too long. Dealer experience in Honolulu F-.

Used(Private Party):
88 Accord LX-i sedan - very good B+.
Accord DX hatch was better lol. Buying experience in KC, MO B.
90 Prelude S (4WS) - good,/meh C
I lived in Tokyo for 2 years it cost $2,700 in 1997. over rated car.Buying experience in Tokyo A.
96 Acura TL - Great 5 cylinder sedan. A my favorite car. Buying experience in Honolulu A.
03 Acura TL - Good B- Big letdown from 96 version. Buying experience in Honolulu A.
Lexus RX 300 - Yuck D- such a piece of crap I only kept it 6 months. Buying experience in Sarasota, FL D- (Used car dealer)
17 Civic Si - Very good Honda return to excellence B+
Bought for cheap as a salvage with 5k miles. 2nd engine drives perfect. small oil leak. Buying experience in Bradenton, FL B.

One funny note that new 88 Accord DX was discounted from 13K down to 11.5K so I thought that was a fair price. Decades later I somehow looked up the invoice price and it was 8.5k just shows how much markup these cars have. If 35% markup is correct these 30K Civics cost the dealer about 20K. Looking back I never had a problem buying private party but all dealers sucked big time.. and nowadays it's way worse with the added despair of being way too expensive. The only car I really wanted but never got was the late 80's/early 90's Civic Hatch Si. I'll drive my 17 Si for a few more years and then buy another used Honda or Acura. I know a lot of folks don't want to hear it but pay cash for everything and the reason why is your surrounded by immoral greedy sharks and the only respect you get is buying private party.

Last edited:

angelc211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Crv
You guys should drive up here and grab one. Adjusted for USD it’s 27.7k usd and we get heated seats and other goodies
I’ve been doing research on that sicne i dont have an idea to import or if i could drive it. I’ve read Canadian civic passes both US stabdards.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
I’ve been doing research on that sicne i dont have an idea to import or if i could drive it. I’ve read Canadian civic passes both US stabdards.
Who wants to pay import taxes just to drive a similar car? thousands of dollars down the drain.

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
The first dealer I was working with wanted $3k ADM and $3k in add on crap I wouldn’t want. It took me all of 15 minutes of calling to nearby dealers to find one that will sell me one at MRSP. Definitely don’t pay any mark up for what essentially is a normal civic.

angelc211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Crv
Who wants to pay import taxes just to drive a similar car? thousands of dollars down the drain.
I know theres a 2.5% which is few hundreds. Theres no sales tax in my state either. What other taxes you talking? You can drive it yourself instead of having someone ship it too.

Last edited:

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I know the FK8 Type R doesn’t have TPMS in Canada. I think someone on YouTube installed Bluetooth caps to circumvate that with the border

arpypat

First Name
Arpan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan ABM
5EC3A3C4-DE49-4163-AE54-8A588CF444CF.jpeg

No, expect a 8k ADM. another dealer quoted me 35K for one. I want to smoke whatever they’re toking on.
$39k for a 2022 Si with just wheel locks, window tint, and door edge guards? SHEEESHHHH that's almost double what I paid for a brand new 2019 Si lol
Sponsored