• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Civic SI: The price markups are coming

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 SGP FK7, ‘20 PWP FC1 si, ‘22 LSM FE2 (soon)
With all that has been said, keep in mind, some dealerships are better than others…. When I bought my ‘20 si, it just so happened that it wasn’t long after the announcement that the x gen si wasn’t going to be made in ‘21, I didn’t do this on purpose, just kinda happened that way…. Anyway, almost every dealer I contacted had a markup from 2k-up to 6k. A few offered sticker price. One of the higher priced dealerships actually beat the msrp when I showed it to them in writing.
Sponsored

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
5EC3A3C4-DE49-4163-AE54-8A588CF444CF.jpeg

No, expect a 8k ADM. another dealer quoted me 35K for one. I want to smoke whatever they’re toking on.
This is officially the largest markup I've ever seen for a new car, the 243K misprint notwithstanding. I estimate the 2022 Si invoice price(cost the dealer pays) to be between 18k-20k.

ValkenDnB

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
This is officially the largest markup I've ever seen for a new car, the 243K misprint notwithstanding. I estimate the 2022 Si invoice price(cost the dealer pays) to be between 18k-20k.
It’s cheaper for me to fly to a car dealer who will do MSRP and drive it home. Sad.

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
You guys should drive up here and grab one. Adjusted for USD it’s 27.7k usd and we get heated seats and other goodies
If it would be that easy I would be on my way to Montana right now so I can grab one across the border. If you have connections lmk

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si - Sold, Tesla Model 3
I think I speak for everyone here when I say that if someone bought a new car in Canada and successfully imported it back to the USA, we would be eternally grateful for a thread about the process and your experience.

Please try it somebody!

Jogales

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si, '94 Miata, '02 Boxster
To think I paid $25,800 (with destination) for a brand new Si this year and now 10 months later a similar car is $32k or more is nuts.
I sold my 2020 with 10,000 miles to Carmax for $31,200. They have it listed for sale for $33,000. I'm taking the profits from it and putting them toward a 2022.

Jimmou

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI Sedan
Does having a car to trade in with a dealer give you any leverage when negotiating price and do you guys think a dealer will give me anywhere near what CarMax/Carvana/Vroom are paying for my current car(2019 SI)? The way I see it, I will be giving the dealer a sale and also giving them inventory for another sale. Anyways, I just requested quotes from my 5 nearby dealers for a PWP SI.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I think dealers will be much more interested in selling you a new Si if you have a trade in.

Like you say, they are making money on selling your car to someone else AND selling the new car to you.

I am worried that used car prices have started to level off and decline. My Vroom offer for my Civic dropped $1000 from the offer I got a month ago. At the same time, I can't trade in now because there are no Si's available to trade for! So in order to take advantage of these crazy used car prices, I am tempted to sell to Carvana or Vroom right now and then hope to buy an Si later... But then I won't have any leverage with dealers without a trade-in. It's tricky!

I'm getting nervous. If we go back to normal used car prices before I can sell, I may give up on the whole idea of getting a new car. I'm not interested in going into debt for a car. But selling my 5 year old car for almost what I paid for it, and then putting a few thousand on top for a new car? Hell yes!

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
Does having a car to trade in with a dealer give you any leverage when negotiating price and do you guys think a dealer will give me anywhere near what CarMax/Carvana/Vroom are paying for my current car(2019 SI)? The way I see it, I will be giving the dealer a sale and also giving them inventory for another sale. Anyways, I just requested quotes from my 5 nearby dealers for a PWP SI.
Yes, dealers are overpaying for cars at auction, so they have have inventory to sell. By trading in your car to them, they can pay less for it in theory. However, definitely get a number from Carmax/Vroom/Carvana. It will give you a starting point to negotiate from. When we bought my wife’s car earlier this year, they offered $1k more than the dealer initial offer. The dealer ended up beating it after we threatened to leave. The dealer I am getting my Si from Tacks on a fee if you don’t trade in to them, so be on the look out for that too.

Jogales

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si, '94 Miata, '02 Boxster
Anecdotal, but this was my experience...

I had a 2020 Si with just over 10,000 miles about halfway through my lease. The buyout was around $22,000. The dealer I ordered my Si from said that they would offer $24,000 for it and guarantee that number until my 2022 comes in early next year, or I could sell it to them immediately and they'd give me $25,500. I work at a dealer of another manufacturer and appraise trades every day. If I was going to have my dealer buy it, I'd have offered $26,000 so their number was generally fair. However, Carmax offered me $31,200 for it. That's more than what I would have sold it for retail, and there was no way the Honda dealer was going to beat that number. Only the customer or a Honda dealer can buy out a Honda lease, so I bought out my lease, paid the ~$1,500 in sales tax and sold it to Carmax. I came out well ahead of where I would have been selling it to my dealer. Places like Carvana, Vroom and Carmax are after market share right now, and they're sometimes willing/able to pay more than a traditional dealer can possibly offer.

Even with a trade, I seriously doubt there is a dealer that will sell an Si for below MSRP.

kpelkey151

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI
Most dealers around me have been offering MSRP. Some have adjusted markups but that was easily negotiated. I actually had one offer for $300 under msrp and about $500 accessories added to sweeten the deal.

Possibly they were willing to move price and add accessories due to me trading in my 2019 SI and making extra profit on that.

alhounos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got a real blast of cold water today - went to a couple local dealers that have Si's coming in. Offering my 2016 Civic in trade (Carvana and Vroom offer about $18,000), they still wanted $17-18k in cash on top. So basically they're asking $36,000 or so for a Civic Si that doesn't even have heated seats.

I'm in the Portland Oregon area, and it seems like the west coast in general is getting the highest markups. (Higher incomes, but also maybe more suckers, lol).

At these prices I'm not getting an Si anytime soon. :( Nor should anyone else! If you pay $35,000+ for a damned Si, you need a financial intervention.
Sponsored