• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Ahahahahaha imagine feeling nice smoking a Corolla.....like who brags about smoking a damn corolla...?
?

It’s direct competitor would probably feel good about beating it, that’s what the whole point of the review is.

It’s still just a Civic, so many people on here act like it’s a shame this isn’t competing with the something like a 3 series. But it should still cost 20k ?... It’s an entry level Honda commuter car, not a halo car.

Sometimes it seems like half the people here have never driven a car before, I swear the expectations I’ve seen are so out of proportion from what the car actually is.

OP
OP

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
?

It’s direct competitor would probably feel good about beating it, that’s what the whole point of the review is.

It’s still just a Civic, so many people on here act like it’s a shame this isn’t competing with the something like a 3 series. But it should still cost 20k ?... It’s an entry level Honda commuter car, not a halo car.

Sometimes it seems like half the people here have never driven a car before, I swear the expectations I’ve seen are so out of proportion from what the car actually is.
Precisely lol

Duckky

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
?

For what a car is??? Wtf , the civic is a well known car in any car community, and the reason is because the civic can be easily modify to clap v6 and v8, it's also one of the most loved and hated car out there, with it being the known for ridiculous fart can exhaust and big rice wings, wtf r u talking About....no one should boast about beating a Corolla

OP
OP

Saywhaat04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
For what a car is??? Wtf , the civic is a well known car in any car community, and the reason is because the civic can be easily modify to clap v6 and v8, it's also one of the most loved and hated car out there, with it being the known for ridiculous fart can exhaust and big rice wings, wtf r u talking About....no one should boast about beating a Corolla
At the end of the day the VAST majority of Civics will be 2.0l CVT models that compete head to head with the Forte, Elantra, Mazda3, Jetta and yes the Corolla. I am sure since Honda competes against all these cars for sales they are quite happy and excited to see it review well against its primary competitor rather you like that or not. I bet Honda will be happy if it sales well too and will be excited to take that money to the bank. A Civic is a Civic and in base trims its BASIC transportation for basic people. It just so happens to be the very best of that basic competition which is great. You seem like a troll. Lol. Civics have a following sure but its not so far fetched from the Corolla that the two cant be compared.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
This isn’t comparing modified cars, it’s comparing the 2 top selling compact cars in North America stock versions because that’s what millions of people buy. Don’t take things out of context just to try and get fired up. Like Saywhaat04 said, you sound like a poor troll.

alic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
In late 2019 we went shopping for either a Civic Sport HB or Corolla HB. My wife preferred the Corolla because it was less radical and a good deal smaller. At that time, the then-new Corolla HB did seem nicer (to us) than the 10G Civic, although I liked the Sport HB for different reasons (hate both cars in sedan).
Oddly, I found both cars to be slow to me. Quite surprised to see the butt-whooping the 11G Civic put on the Corolla. I hear that the 10G is even quicker than the 11G, too. Just didn't seem that way on the test drive.

The 11G Civic interior absolutely destroys everything else in the class. I love the real metal honeycomb dash insert. Can't wait to see the HB. Also glad my wife prefers her Corolla, or else we'd be looking to trade out. I'd rather have the 11G Civic HB. Gonna keep an eye on the upcoming Type R........
I don't think the honey comb is metal though. I remember in one review they mentioned it's plastic.

alic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Patience young Skywalker.

qpvt4yzl5cm6qjt3xuza.jpg

Is that the Apex model? I agree the exterior of Corolla HB is very nice. It still catches my eye when I see one on the street. But the 10th Civic exterior is just as nice if not more. The Apex model only has body kit upgrade, if the interior and the parts under the hood are still the same, I'd still choose 10th Civic any day.

spoopy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Accord Sport 2.0
Mazda did sell 75k Mazda3s in 2017. I think the new model has been a disaster. Not sure why though.
I think Mazda definitely went with form over function for the current generation.
It’s easily the best looking compact out right now, but the interior feels seriously cramped compared to the competition.
Visibility was what ultimately made me pass on it, along with the infotainment.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
I really do not give a fuck if anyone finds this harsh. if you test drive both the 11th and even 10th gen civics, Mazda 3, and Corolla, and still rather have the Corolla, then it is obvious that you have a lower IQ than a jellyfish.

Just look at Edmunds consumer reviews. The Honda and Mazda reviews are almost perfect, but the Toyota ones... not so much. Even here in Canada, people are waking up and realizing Honda and Mazda are reliable and have good resale value like Toyota, but are way better in everything else.

Last edited:

ezthrilla

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Aegean blue
I thought the comparison test was pointless. You already even knew before reading the article that the Civic was gonna win; pretending that the Corolla was gonna win is just you being disingenuous.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
I really do not give a fuck if anyone finds this harsh. if you test drive both the 11th and even 10th gen civics, Mazda 3, and Corolla, and still rather have the Corolla, then it is obvious that you have a lower IQ than a jellyfish.

Just look at Edmunds consumer reviews. The Honda and Mazda reviews are almost perfect, but the Toyota ones... not so much. Even here in Canada, people are waking up and realizing Honda and Mazda are reliable and have good resale value like Toyota, but are way better in everything else.
Are you like the biggest guy in the bar when you say how you really feel? Or you just this way online?

The only car that deserves that kind of harsh criticism is the Nissan Altima. The poor Corolla was stuck with hubcaps, 4 doors and beige paint for 30 years and is now just "coming out", it's legs are still wobbly.

On the other hand, while I agree that the Mazda is way better than the Corolla, and the Civic has a better interior and performance, now that my neighbor has a dark grey 2022 Civic..... I am starting to agree with the GenX owners that Honda went way too far the "other way" in styling. The Corolla exterior definitely looks better than the 2022 Civic.

As far as calling people "lower IQ than a jellyfish" eh... these are all low end cars. Can't see how you could get so excited about one over the other, it's like one of those a-holes who has political bumper stickers on their car, showing allegiance to a certain political group even though that political group could give zero effs about that person and are just in it for their own gain, but having your opinion is like a middle finger to anyone not agreeing with you, like the jellyfish.......

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX
Are you like the biggest guy in the bar when you say how you really feel? Or you just this way online?

The only car that deserves that kind of harsh criticism is the Nissan Altima. The poor Corolla was stuck with hubcaps, 4 doors and beige paint for 30 years and is now just "coming out", it's legs are still wobbly.

On the other hand, while I agree that the Mazda is way better than the Corolla, and the Civic has a better interior and performance, now that my neighbor has a dark grey 2022 Civic..... I am starting to agree with the GenX owners that Honda went way too far the "other way" in styling. The Corolla exterior definitely looks better than the 2022 Civic.

As far as calling people "lower IQ than a jellyfish" eh... these are all low end cars. Can't see how you could get so excited about one over the other, it's like one of those a-holes who has political bumper stickers on their car, showing allegiance to a certain political group even though that political group could give zero effs about that person and are just in it for their own gain, but having your opinion is like a middle finger to anyone not agreeing with you, like the jellyfish.......
Unless you can get a good deal on a Corolla, I honestly can't really find anything on why someone should get the Corolla over the Civic or Mazda 3. Yes, I probably was being harsh in my last comment about the Corolla. It is certainly not a bad car. But one thing I would like to see is at least Toyota do is replace that ancient 1.8L engine for something more fuel efficient and refined.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
So... I'm a 10th gen Civic owner and proud to say over at CivicX I have a bit of a "following" and a ton of posts. Take that for what it's worth. I also try to be fairly objective.

Here's my main issue with what Honda has done with the 11th gen. Just my opinion and feel free to disagree.

I've owned Hondas going way back to my '84 CRX, '87 Integra and '94 Civic. The one common denominator was that they were reliable, fun and small cars. It's that last thing that bothers me about the 11th gen.

Honda not only has given the 11th gen a more subdued, less sporty look, it's not "Civic-size" anymore. The 10th was already getting bigger. At 3100 pounds or so in Touring form, the 11th's not lightweight either. Honestly, it's pretty much just the Accord's slightly smaller brother.

The interior is great. I'm sure it's more refined than the last gen. Better tech. But at this point, they may as well change the name because the Civic has lost some of it's charm.

Last edited: