• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

loslalane

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
I'm happy with my Sport Touring Hatch, but then again, I want all the bells & whistles AND the CVT so the wife can drive it. Just glad they make so many variations of this car.
Give the ST to wifey and get an R. Wishful thinking you know.
Sponsored

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
If you guys had to pick one ā€¦.

new Si
Or
Sport Touring hatch
I have a 10th gen Si, but for 11th gen I'd pick the Sport Touring Hatch no question. No heated seats in the new Si is a 100 percent dealbreaker for me, and from a trade-off standpoint I'd rather have the ST amenities than the Si's slightly better horsepower and its LSD.

angelc211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Crv
Havenā€™t had a Si since my 08 Si would be nice to get one myself, but when market gets back to normal. Wondering if the canadian heated mirrors would plug and play to usdm?

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
I wonder how hard it will be to get these at MSRP. My current KBB trade-in value is about $29k and would possibly consider swapping if I have very little out of pocket costs and the test drive passes. Not sure I could learn to live with that half digital instrument cluster though.

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
I have a 10th gen Si, but for 11th gen I'd pick the Sport Touring Hatch no question. No heated seats in the new Si is a 100 percent dealbreaker for me, and from a trade-off standpoint I'd rather have the ST amenities than the Si's slightly better horsepower and its LSD.
Me too!

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
How much would you add for the base 2021 WRX lol? :p
No LEDs, crappy base stereo w/ ancient 6.5ā€ screen, no moonroof, no keyless, no auto headlights, no EYesight, ugly 17ā€ wheels. Oh, and terrible manual shifter.

jd2157

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan MSM
It's sad to find out the Canadian SI is cheaper than the USDM and has more features. SMH. $34,850 CAD with destination.
Other than the Civic Si I canā€™t think of anything else we get a better value on so donā€™t be too sad :) Look at what we pay on Apple stuff as an example.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
The hatchback is just a tune away from having as much power and if the 11th gen trend holds up, the SI may be slower than the 10th gen. Might not be the highest benchmark to surpass.
I loved my Sport hatch but can't go back to an open diff - more power just means more wheel spin, especially in the winter on snow tires and dry pavement.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I'm not even mad about performance or whatever, but I don't want to lose heated seats or all the cupholder/console space that is essential on long drives.

From my 2020 Si, I'm gonna move on to the GR86 premium or whichever Integra trim gets two of the three: bigger engine/manual/AWD
Totally agree, the huge console cave is awesome. Didn't realize that was gone. :(

Would take a 6mT Integra hatch or Type R to get me out of my Si.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I have to agree here. The Civic SI is now the same price as an Acura ILX. That alone shows something is wrong here.
I paid $24k for my Si a year ago, and now it's worth $27k w/ 25k miles. Something is wrong with that too.

Everyone has to adjust to the new reality of inflation. Honda is smart - this is the perfect time to pass on their increased costs to customers, cause everything is expensive right now.

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
One approach is to look at how much youā€™d pay (subjective, not manufacturing cost) for all the additional stuff over the EX sedan trim ($24900 MSRP):

edit: + 20 hp $600
+ LSD $500
+ auto revmatch $200
+ lighter flywheel $400
+ short shifter $150
+ stiffer chassis & suspension $150
+ fogs $200
+ individual drive mode $150
+ bucket seats $300
+ Bose sound system $400
+ 9ā€ touchscreen $300
+ wireless CP/AA $200

- no heated seats $300
- no dual-zone climate $150

Total: $3100 (subjective amount Iā€™d pay to upgrade from EX sedan to Si).

$27300 MSRP is in line with what Iā€™d expect to pay over the EX trim. YMMV. The 10th-gen Si was still the best bargain while it lasted.
I thought the Si wasnā€™t getting fogs.