• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Styling is subjective, but you can at least distinguish a 10th gen Si from the other trims on the road. It'll probably be a better drive, but this is the least ambitious Si since the EP3 imo.
Sponsored

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I mean if you logically think about it that could be the case but look how they treated the Sedan and Hatchback. It’s just that the Integra is messing with the portfolio of the Civic.
Those cars are also less performance oriented they may have had more head room under the emissions regulations than the Si did.

When it comes to the missing options, and such, then I could agree with you that it may be Integra influence. I just don't believe it is for the power/performance.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
I believe the new Hyundai Elantra 'N' may get more interest from me.
As much as I don't like the xi exterior, the Elantra is horrid. It's even worse in person. Those odd angled haunches and doors are ? and the rear is just as ridiculous

The K5 is a much more handsome kdm option

fabrizzio71

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe White Orchid Pearl
1)And if your car breaks and the dealer wants to say "tune did it" its on YOU to prove it didn't. Also you may wanna learn how your warranty works. You have a 2018... so you are STILL under the 5yr drivetrain warranty.

2) At what point did I say I have no interest in Honda products? If I had non.. why would I even be here. So.. kinda proving your own point wrong.

3) Could not care LESS what a dyno says. Show me track results.
Won't be replying to you after this, but maybe learn how to interpret what 5 year/60k mile warranty means. My vehicle has 83k miles lol. And no it's specifically on the dealer to prove the failure was your aftermarket part's fault etc.

Enjoy your new Si!!

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
Hello all. My first post here. This was from my local sales guy today like ?? I'm at work so I haven't really gotten a chance to dive into this thread or the reveal. But that's insane

Screenshot_20211019-122715_Messages.jpg
And this is why I haven’t hit a dealership up yet cause I refuse.

nowaytoescape

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
As much as I don't like the xi exterior, the Elantra is horrid. It's even worse in person. Those odd angled haunches and doors are ? and the rear is just as ridiculous

The K5 is a much more handsome kdm option
The K5 is a nice option.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
So... fixing the things people wanted without requiring them to void warranty? yeah that totally a bad thing.
The thing we want is more power. Still gotta void the warranty for that. Not that it concerns me too much (the warranty that is) but not much exciting me about this car.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
Hmmm. I can’t recall being this disappointed in a car I wasn’t planning on buying regardless. What a letdown. Honda just pulled a gen 9 so far as the Si is concerned IMO. I’m not sure how competitive it’ll continue to be amongst its peers for the initial buyers, though I’m sure it’ll still make for a quality used car 5-10 years down the road reliability-wise once some of the competitors don’t hold up. I’d say the L15B7 is pretty tried and true as a good first owner engine and doesn’t seem to be breaking or go filling with carbon badly as it ages.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
This is also why we didn't get an Si Hatch even though they dropped the coupe. It's because the Integra has a hatch. Since they are also giving the Integra a manual, I'll bet the Base Integra is what we all wish the Si would have been.
If it's anything like the past, the base Integra will be like the base Civic and Type-S will be like the Si.

Tags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si sedan, 2014 Mazda 3 2.5 Touring HB, 2020 Volkswagen Tiguan
Wow, glad I didn't wait for this.

The basic design bones of the new Civic, inside and out, are welcome. Lighter flywheel, thanks. The usual touted incremental improvements in things like chassis stiffness and shift throw, fine.

But the decontenting is stunning. We were asking/hoping for a decent power bump, but got less power. We wanted a more flexible and customizable adaptive suspension setup, but Honda killed it completely. A big central tach had been an Si hallmark for years, but now we get the stock Civic display.

And the new Civic's march toward vaguely Germanic maturity in the styling is glaringly contradicted inside by the garish red seats, panels, and trim.

The only thing I can conclude is that, with EVs about to take over, Honda just wasn't going to invest much in what probably will be the last hurrah of the Si as an ICE vehicle. Which, for the greatest producer of four-cylinder-engines in automotive history, is a shame.