• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2022 Si Spare Tire

Fripp

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CrossTrek
What are people doing for their spare tire? I'm expecting delivery in mid February and didn't realize until yesterday that the car would not be coming with a spare tire. I've seen some spare tire kits online for the 10th gen. Will they fit the 11th? What's a good price to pay? I know that the Canadian version comes with a spare, and the American version has a hole in the trunk where the spare should be. Does Honda sell the spare separately? Any suggestions and comments welcome. Thanks.
Sponsored

HondaFan777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, 2023 Pilot Elite
Hatchback does though ?

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si, 2022 Subaru WRX
^There's a lead if the hatch wheel is available that means Honda USA will sell replacements, though I am sure other spares will fit if needed. I can measure my spare tire if anyone needs to know the sizing /measurements etc.

abhishek9125

First Name
Abhishek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic sport hatch
I will be trading in my 2021 sport hatchback for the new Si. Can I use the spare tire of the 21 sport hatch with the new Si? Also, I have wheel locks on those 21 sport tires. Will those work with the 22 Si tires as well?

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will be trading in my 2021 sport hatchback for the new Si. Can I use the spare tire of the 21 sport hatch with the new Si? Also, I have wheel locks on those 21 sport tires. Will those work with the 22 Si tires as well?
If I'm reading my spare tire correctly it is T 125 / 80 / 17 sizing, Bolt pattern is 5 x 114. I'm going to assume the bore size is the same as other Civics. It ties down like every other Honda out there in the trunk, you will need the hold down plate and bolt, the threads are already there. The tools fit in a styrofoam insert within the rim.

Last edited:

KevCarver

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Civic Si
Thanks for posting this. I had 3 flats on my '19 Sedan Sport. First was sidewall blowout on a pothole. I was able to nurse it home stopping at a couple gas stations, before looking for the leak in my garage. Put on the spare for a couple days before I had time to replace it. Second was after 8pm coming home from work and I found a huge cut in the tread. No way to repair, so on with the spare to get home. Dropped the wheel off the next day to mount the new one. Third was earlier this year when I found a very small nail in the tread. Pulled it out, but the hole was too small to get the plug reamer in. So, third time using the spare to take the tire for a repair. I guess they felt sorry for me because they didn't even charge me! Maybe it's included in tire purchase, but it wasn't one that I bought from them. In any case, I'd feel much better having one!
Did anyone actually get around to ordering the wheel and hold down parts? Has anyone tried a junkyard (sorry, auto recycler!) for a 10th gen wheel, jack, and hold down? Surely they would fit?
How does the foam tray in the bottom of the trunk come out? I can move it a little, but I can't tell what's holding in place and don't want to break the styrofoam.

zeroptzero

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting this. I had 3 flats on my '19 Sedan Sport. First was sidewall blowout on a pothole. I was able to nurse it home stopping at a couple gas stations, before looking for the leak in my garage. Put on the spare for a couple days before I had time to replace it. Second was after 8pm coming home from work and I found a huge cut in the tread. No way to repair, so on with the spare to get home. Dropped the wheel off the next day to mount the new one. Third was earlier this year when I found a very small nail in the tread. Pulled it out, but the hole was too small to get the plug reamer in. So, third time using the spare to take the tire for a repair. I guess they felt sorry for me because they didn't even charge me! Maybe it's included in tire purchase, but it wasn't one that I bought from them. In any case, I'd feel much better having one!
Did anyone actually get around to ordering the wheel and hold down parts? Has anyone tried a junkyard (sorry, auto recycler!) for a 10th gen wheel, jack, and hold down? Surely they would fit?
How does the foam tray in the bottom of the trunk come out? I can move it a little, but I can't tell what's holding in place and don't want to break the styrofoam.
While I have a Canadian Si with the spare I really want the flat repair kit instead. I have had the kits on other cars and I like them. My argument has always been that I prefer to fix a flat and get on the road quicker, rather than changing a tire on the side of a busy highway and risk being killed. My other argument has been that in over 2 million kms of driving commercially and personally I have never had a blowout or a tire go flat fast enough to cause me to pull over. I've had many slow leaks and nails in tires, but never a sudden blowout or flat, and never sidewalls cut.

I guess your experience blows my theory out of the water though with 3 flats in such a short period of time . You my friend definitely need a spare tire, do you live near a construction site or metal recycling company lol.
Sponsored