• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OP
OP
Ministry

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
I went back to the dealer and spoke with the sales manager and despite pleading my case (without going full Karen), they refuse to give me any of the OE replaced items.

I went home and called Honda corporate and spoke with a rep that confirmed I'm not entitled to keep any of the parts and the dealer has the ability to make that call. She told me she could file a dealer complaint but it would be one with no follow up or further recourse.
Sponsored

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
I went back to the dealer and spoke with the sales manager and despite pleading my case (without going full Karen), they refuse to give me any of the OE replaced items.

I went home and called Honda corporate and spoke with a rep that confirmed I'm not entitled to keep any of the parts and the dealer has the ability to make that call. She told me she could file a dealer complaint but it would be one with no follow up or further recourse.
@AspecR @tuhroo , any follow up on this one? I hate to lead the charge, but if you haven't already, it might be time for some one-star reviews

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
@AspecR @tuhroo , any follow up on this one? I hate to lead the charge, but if you haven't already, it might be time for some one-star reviews
Have to go above the sales manager on this one and give them a terrible survey. My dealership will give you the OEM parts plus your accessory parts unless you decide you donā€™t want them back.

Hopefully he hasnā€™t done the survey, if he hasnā€™t he needs to give them a zero across the board and name the salesman, and sales manager.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TLX Type-S / 2023 Civic Type-R / 2024 HRV EXL
What a bunch of Scumbags! Sorry to hear that this dealer is being total jackasses to you for items you actually paid for... . It's like they are literally stealing the parts from you in a certain way ...

Almost like they are Debo'n you:doh:

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Si upgraded to 2023 Type R -- owner comparison review DEBO

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Yup as a spec said, hopefully you didnā€™t take the survey yet.

Threaten them to leave 0 stars across the board unless you get the other take off items as well, that will hurt them bad

Also, publish social media reviews which also hurts

OP
OP
Ministry

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
No survey taken yet so I'm good there but I'm almost positive I threatened them with the negative/review survey and a call to Honda. That was about the moment the manager, who had kept his cool prior became very agitated/defensive and more or less ended the call.

With Honda customer service telling me I have no recourse, I'm conflicted whether to keep fighting this or not. On one hand, I'd really like the parts (especially the wheels to create a 2nd set) but I don't really want to completely ruin the relationship with the dealer who's 6 miles from my house and 2 miles from my office.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
No survey taken yet so I'm good there but I'm almost positive I threatened them with the negative/review survey and a call to Honda. That was about the moment the manager, who had kept his cool prior became very agitated/defensive and more or less ended the call.

With Honda customer service telling me I have no recourse, I'm conflicted whether to keep fighting this or not. On one hand, I'd really like the parts (especially the wheels to create a 2nd set) but I don't really want to completely ruin the relationship with the dealer who's 6 miles from my house and 2 miles from my office.
Didnā€™t you say that it was written in the purchase agreement? If so, itā€™s not so much that they did it (because you signed the agreement), its that they took advantage of you not knowing that they were supposed to give them to you. Thatā€™s just as bad.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

If your dealership values you as a customer theyā€™ll at least try to make it right. Plus Iā€™m sure they donā€™t have only one salesman and one sales manager, just deal with someone else.

Like I said, drop a bad survey on them and send the GM an email. TBH I wouldnā€™t be surprised if your wheels were given to dealership staff and already in use somewhere else, so they probably donā€™t even have the option to return them

arsing116

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23ā€™ GRC CE, 23ā€™ Civic Si (Sold), 14ā€™ Evo X GSR
Wow, unbelievable. I can see this blowing up in the media with the first FL5 buyers already navigating through dealer markup.

You deserve those stock wheels back 1000%!!!

I probably wouldnā€™t trust taking my car back to them anyways. Whatā€™s done is done.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R

Keep fighting! What relationship are you referring to? They clearly don't give a shit about you!

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Camry, 23 Civic Type R
If you keep getting pushback from the dealer, definitely contact some car websites, like The Drive with how you were wronged.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
My dealer asked me if I wanted the wheels and wing installed and i told them i wanted to keep my stock parts so I declined. Then my sales said even if they (dealer) install, they have to give me back the stock parts. I declined anyways since it wasn't free (famous 4 letter word that starts with an "F") :p

It's unfortunate for OP, as I believe it was intentional that the dealer deliberately installed all the parts prior to putting the "full loaded" FL5 on the showroom floor. Simple reason, what the customer doesn't see will not come with the car. Aka, what you see is what you get. If there are no "due bill", then dealer also legally doesn't owe anything.

Still try to get the stock stuff back...at this point it's a matter of dealer doing the right thing. Good luck...will cont. To monitor :coffee:

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
@Ministry not trying to make trouble or sour things for you, I think we all just want to see you treated right here.

The sales manager's response is telling though, so you've definitely got some leverage as long as you didn't sign the original wheels away.

Please follow up with us, we're rooting for you!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Wow. I hope you get your stock parts back. I know for factory wheel upgrades for the TLX it's less than 1k. But when they charge +$3k you better be keeping them.

rjactive

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Si sedan fiji blue pearl, 2002 NSX Pearl Yellow
Keep fighting! What relationship are you referring to? They clearly don't give a shit about you!
When buying a type r, always ask for lube to be included in the sale. This way, it won't sting later down the road.
Sponsored