• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
honestly...you struck a nerve with the survey thing

if you call the gm directly and talk to him about it, then i bet things will change

like aspec said, they probably already gave them out to a tech or somebody at the shop to resell

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
I hope you also checked your tire pressures as well. PDI techs like to be lazy everywhere and will, most likely, not set tire pressures correctly when they get the car off the truck. Factory puts tires at 40+ PSI during shipping to reduce the likelihood of flat spots.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
I mean you did upgrade the rims with car purchase, you didn't buy it separate. If I walked into any other dealership like Ford, and wanted to upgrade to 22" black rims, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give me the stock wheels and rims, nor wohld i expect it. Not sure what all of you think business should be run differety bc you bought an overpriced civic? Buy the forged rims separately, I bet you won't even get tires for the same price you paid.

ScumbagRob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I mean you did upgrade the rims with car purchase, you didn't buy it separate. If I walked into any other dealership like Ford, and wanted to upgrade to 22" black rims, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't give me the stock wheels and rims, nor wohld i expect it. Not sure what all of you think business should be run differety bc you bought an overpriced civic? Buy the forged rims separately, I bet you won't even get tires for the same price you paid.
It's not an upgrade, it's an accessory. It would be different if he built the car on the Honda website and selected a rim upgrade (which is not possible), because upgrades factor in the incremental cost of replacement.

But for accessories, you are paying for the accessory itself. Think about it this way: if he instead waited 6 months to buy the rims, he would walk into the dealership 6 months later and pay the same price for them as he just did...except obviously the dealer would not try to repossess his stock wheels in that situation.

Edit: After re-rereading your post, I guess it hinges on how much he paid for the wheels. I'm guessing it was close to the retail price of $775 each, rather than some incremental price.

OP
OP
Ministry

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)
You are correct and none of these are options, they're 100% accessories I paid full price (and installation) on. With that said that same story was used by the sales manager I had been speaking with. He stated that when you buy a truck with aftermarket wheels and/or lift kit, its not common for the dealer to hand over the OEMs.

Update: I have contacted the dealer GM directly, we'll see what happens from here.

Turbonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93' EG B18C
You are correct and none of these are options, they're 100% accessories I paid full price (and installation) on. With that said that same story was used by the sales manager I had been speaking with. He stated that when you buy a truck with aftermarket wheels and/or lift kit, its not common for the dealer to hand over the OEMs.

Update: I have contacted the dealer GM directly, we'll see what happens from here.
Well if that's the case then hopefully you get the replacements back or something. But be prepared to accept defeat if the dealer fights back, bc most dealers will have a policy or clause to protect themselves in these type of situations.

OP
OP
Ministry

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well if that's the case then hopefully you get the replacements back or something. But be prepared to accept defeat if the dealer fights back, bc most dealers will have a policy or clause to protect themselves in these type of situations.
Oh they're already fighting back. The salesrep and floor manager at the time of sale have denied my pleas so far. We'll see how things go with the GM.

OP
OP
Ministry

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Happy ending!

Another manager called and said I could pick them up. Thanks to everyone's support on this one and shout out to Autonation for coming around and providing a very fair deal on an FL5 in this crazy market.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2022 Si upgraded to 2023 Type R -- owner comparison review parts

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Happy ending!

Another manager called and said I could pick them up. Thanks to everyone's support on this one and shout out to Autonation for coming around and providing a very fair deal on an FL5 in this crazy market.

parts.jpg
👏👏👏

Glad you got them back; others might not be so lucky. Like I said any dealership that values you as a customer will make it right. Let this be a lesson to everyone getting the accessory wheels or wing DO NOT let the dealership keep your stock parts.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra 6spd A-Spec
Happy ending!

Great news! One of those "grinds my gears" moments where it's bad enough with ADM then they stiff you on the factory parts.

VarmintCong

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST-Line
I hope you also checked your tire pressures as well. PDI techs like to be lazy everywhere and will, most likely, not set tire pressures correctly when they get the car off the truck. Factory puts tires at 40+ PSI during shipping to reduce the likelihood of flat spots.
Always a good idea. I've seen this before.
Sponsored