• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
don't care for 0-60 for a fwd car but trap speeds matter. Thing is this car couldn't pull on a 240hp GTI is kinda lame.
Why they clearly spent the money on the chassis and track capability I couldn't care less if a GTI/SUV/Tesla whatever is faster im not out there doing 1320 video stuff with this car lol. 110 trap still slow...

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Why they clearly spent the money on the chassis and track capability I couldn't care less if a GTI/SUV/Tesla whatever is faster im not out there doing 1320 video stuff with this car lol. 110 trap still slow...
this isn't a GR86

How are these GTI numbers pulling on a 23 Type R?

0-60 MPH6.1 sec
QUARTER MILE14.6 sec @ 99.8 mph

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2022-volkswagen-gti-manual-transmission-first-test-review
thats low slowest GTI i've seen ever tested. Even the mk7 was faster than that. Car and driver got 105mph with the dsg. By accounts the mk8 is significantly faster than the mk7

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a36406955/2022-volkswagen-golf-gti-by-the-numbers/

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Times are meaningless to me. Driver engagement on a back road, on a quiet morning, is everything. Slower? Meh.
why buy a fwd hot hatch then? If i wanted a car for the engagment and fun, miata is always the answer.

Ministry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Boost Blue #684, 2022 Si (sold)

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Miatas aren't as fun as people claim (at least not without a lot of sorting). -- Former two-time Miata owner
I've owned two miatas, mazdaspeed and nc2 prht. I've driven track prepped Supras, m3s to C5's and the only car that put a smile on my face close to a miata is a Cayman GTS.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
this isn't a GR86

thats low slowest GTI i've seen ever tested. Even the mk7 was faster than that. Car and driver got 105mph with the dsg. By accounts the mk8 is significantly faster than the mk7

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a36406955/2022-volkswagen-golf-gti-by-the-numbers/
Yeah GR86 is a sub 100 trap car why are you even bringing that into the discussion? Slow fwd cars are more about adequate torque and cornering speed and braking power than anything else.

Stop quoting magazine times and post some vids of all the elite street racing you do with your GTI. What does that thing run 60-130 since you're so concerned about trap speeds?

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Yeah GR86 is a sub 100 trap car why are you even bringing that into the discussion? Slow fwd cars are more about adequate torque and cornering speed and braking power than anything else.

Stop quoting magazine times and post some vids of all the elite street racing you do with your GTI. What does that thing run 60-130 since you're so concerned about trap speeds?
one of the Redline reviews did a test with fk8 vs apr s1 gti, it walked it like it was standing still but obviously thats not a apples to apples comparison. Guess I'm the only one not satisficed the priced jumped with no real performance gains.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
one of the Redline reviews did a test with fk8 vs apr s1 gti, it walked it like it was standing still but obviously thats not a apples to apples comparison. Guess I'm the only one not satisficed the priced jumped with no real performance gains.
Tbh you do seem to be the only one to care as much as you do. Which it is what it is to each their own. I'm sure not everyone loves the car but man you stick out like a sore thumb. You've made it very clear how much you don't believe this car is what it's worth. Honestly sometimes I get the vibe you want everyone to feel the same way you do as to not want the car.

Misery loves company I guess
Sponsored