• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Tbh you do seem to be the only one to care as much as you do. Which it is what it is to each their own. I'm sure not everyone loves the car but man you stick out like a sore thumb. You've made it very clear how much you don't believe this car is what it's worth. Honestly sometimes I get the vibe you want everyone to feel the same way you do as to not want the car.

Misery loves company I guess
maybe, but maybe I expect more.
Sponsored

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
Tbh you do seem to be the only one to care as much as you do. You've made it very clear how much you don't believe this car is what it's worth. Honestly sometimes I get the vibe you want everyone to feel the same way you do as to not want the car.

maybe, but maybe I expect more.
Which would still make you a satistical outlier lol

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
He probably has plenty of time to post while VW in the shop with check engine light/leaking sunroof/plastic oil pan leak etc etc etc
oddly the GTI has been trouble free and its been tuned and I don't baby it at all not that it matters all 2018 vws came with 6 year 72k warrenty.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
Tbh you do seem to be the only one to care as much as you do. Which it is what it is to each their own. I'm sure not everyone loves the car but man you stick out like a sore thumb. You've made it very clear how much you don't believe this car is what it's worth. Honestly sometimes I get the vibe you want everyone to feel the same way you do as to not want the car.

Bullseye.

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
oddly the GTI has been trouble free and its been tuned and I don't baby it at all not that it matters all 2018 vws came with 6 year 72k warrenty.
It's a Christmas miracle lol you keep posting negative comments Ill send your info to VW corporate to flag your vin for the tune 😆

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
I've owned two miatas, mazdaspeed and nc2 prht. I've driven track prepped Supras, m3s to C5's and the only car that put a smile on my face close to a miata is a Cayman GTS.
My Miatas were both NAs, which are a fair bit removed from a Mazdaspeed NB or NC, so our experiences might not be comparable. But in my experience, I owned one stock car and one that was modified. The modified one was fun, the stock car was not.

For comparison, I’ve also owned two S2000s, one stock, one modified. In the case of the S, both were equally fun. I’d only recommend modding an S if you want to go objectively faster in timed events, or because you like the looks.

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
sorry i don't wanna join in your group jerking off each other. 🤷
Wow and now after you make that kind of comment you lost any credibility you had here. This forum is based on the 11th gen Civic which most of your posts are arguing against the 11th gen CTR for other cars, now you're being toxic 😂. Thanks for showing your class buddy 👍

POPNTEC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW FL5 CTR
Between this thread, the Integra Type S thread and a few others the bitter people are bubbling to the top.

Not speaking to anyone in specific but if you don’t like the price and are unwilling or unable to afford it or you haven’t been fortunate enough to get your hands on one or we’re screwed by your dealership, why take it out on other on here that are trying to enjoy and share there experience on the Civic Type R forum? If you’ve been wronged and are angry I don’t get why come on here and slag on a car you were drooling over 5 weeks ago…

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
why not? a 45k sports car should walk a 30k one even whatever the transmission.
NA mang!
it's like comparing rotatory phone to dial tone phones...
pushing the number always faster than turning the rototary phones no?
manual transmission are from 100 years ago and DSG is the latest and greatest in transmission technology.

one more example...which Mclearn is faster, Senna's 1991 MP4 or the new MCL32's?
there's your answer...

have to compare apples to apples...

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
For me the only thing shattering about the FL5, is the MSRP and the willingness of people to overpay for it.
How do you know they are overpaying tho when we haven't seen used examples hit the market? I could easily see them bringing high 50s at auction with low miles. You pay 7500 over plus your average tax and you still make money when you sell in that scenario.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I didn't expect the FL5 to blow the doors off the FK8. Seems that would be impossible since the FK8 was/is a tremendous vehicle. Even if the improvements in the FL5 are marginal, it's a huge win for the Type R and something we should all celebrate as enthusiasts. With that said, I'm still waiting for the Nürburgring time and track times from the popular tracks in North America. It will also be helpful to understand if the cooling issue from the FK8 was in fact resolved with this new iteration. I'm no less excited about this car after reading this review.

Y82OneTwoSix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR - 2022 MDX Type S Advance
Based on the fact that the FK8 LE is lighter due to a few delete items and comes with much grippier OEM Cup 2 tires and lightweight Japanese BBS aluminum forged wheels this automotive review does not surprise me that the FL5 is slower in acceleration, has less lateral grip and requires increased stopping distance compared to the LE.

I found it interesting that Motortrend mentioned a 90# difference in curb weight between the FL5 and the FK8 LE when in fact Honda lists the curb weight for the new FL5 at 3,188# with the FK8 LE coming in at 3,071# therefore a difference of 117#.

In my case I replaced the rear spoiler, hood scoop, mirror covers and dash panel on my FK8 LE with Honda OEM CF parts after which time I filled it up with a full tank of fuel and took it to the closest truck stop and weighed it twice just to be on the safe side for possible conflicting weights.

In both cases the CAT scale ticket came in a 3,060# which is somewhat less than the 3,188# curb weight for the Fl5.

Power to weight ratio aside between these two models, there is no question that the FL5 is an outstanding automobile and has a terrific new design but unfortunately comes with a steep price for most of us CTR enthusiasts.
Sponsored