• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Shingo

First Name
Kyoo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No car now
I read article that is going to be 340hp, is it true?
Sponsored

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CBP Si Coupe
Looks really good imo, aside from the wing. I know this sounds crazy, but I think a ring time in the 7:30s is possible, assuming the power to weight ratio is at least the same as the FK8. Can't wait to see it in motion.

retuks

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6sp. 93 Supra Turbo 6sp. Getrag 6766 turbo E85 / 750whp. 97 240sx 5sp.
It’s almost like some 10th gen owners feel like they have to hate it.

11th gen isn’t going to make the FK8 obsolete, or diminish it’s already astronomical value. The tenth gen will always be remembered as a polarizing work by the brand we all love, that put other brands on notice. No need to shun the new version in hopes of swaying everyone lol.

It’s ok, everyone gets a trophy….
That assumption seems a bit overly reverse-narcissistic, to think that "The 10th gen owners are thinking day and night about forcing others love theirs over the new one" - that just misses the mark entirely.

Here's the reality; 10th gen lovers/owners WANTED the 11th gen to look even better in some way-shape-or form. (well duh!). The 10th gen despite it's faults DOES have a sports car shape, from the rear haunches and the way the front end slopes down. Almost all sports cars (albeit usually RWD) follow this silhouette. But the fact that it became Quasimodo up front and kia in back all in the name of being more "blendy" is exactly what they are complaining about. nothing more, nothing less. You need to realize something here - having a perceptively ugly replacement of your current vehicle is the same thing as having NO successor at all to many of us... Most who cannot pallet the aesthetics will not want to buy it, cars are an emotional purchase, if we all went off spec sheets and did not care about looks - we'd all be in Teslas, Polaris Slingshots, and Dodge Chargers and calling it a day.

Most car people need their cars to look good to them, it's just a fact. It has nothing to do with "sway". At the end of the day, the 10th gen is concluded... Meaning that with ICE and drivers cars going away forever very soon, each generation leading up to this demise is VERY crucial to come out right, and having even one generation fall off the radar greatly hurts the outlook of the future for people who were looking forward to another upgrade and 4+ years of a beautiful design for the brand faithful to replace the outgoing one, and now they can't.

I am quite over my genX (as a car, but it's not a type R anyway). and If i wasn't looking to eliminate FWD from my stable, id take one look at that new gen, turn around and hold on very tightly to mine.

Another point of contention that I've always had with modern civics (even the 10th gen) is that the car just feels big and heavy. It's uncharacteristic. I gave praise to the 10th gen for at least being 2800lbs - as light as a 240sx in the modern day - but this new car is definitely heavier and bulkier. 2800lbs was on the edge of acceptable as it is. now it's just "a car", like all the rest. I don't want a 2900-3000lb civic, that blunt hood will also cause peripherial visibility to suffer (for those in the know, immediate peripheral visibility to the ground and both sides is what determines the brain's ability to capture the sensation of speed - which will surely be lost with a big blunt hood that doesn't curve down. it WILL feel muted and numb at higher speeds)

Last edited:

Jimi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2019
Looks really good imo, aside from the wing. I know this sounds crazy, but I think a ring time in the 7:30s is possible, assuming the power to weight ratio is at least the same as the FK8. Can't wait to see it in motion.
7:30? Sounds like wishful dreaming
I highly doubt that

retuks

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6sp. 93 Supra Turbo 6sp. Getrag 6766 turbo E85 / 750whp. 97 240sx 5sp.
Unpopular opinion then: It sucks
i beg to differ. Your opinion IS the popular opinion, haha! Imean as modest as the modest crowd wants this car to be over the gen X, the new wing looks even more ricey than the old one. At least the 10th gen wing looked OEM + (like subaru STi and Evo). it looked very high quality and meaty/substantial like a high class samurai's helmet crest. The new one has that very aftermarket looking scissor scaffolding going up the sides. and then leading to an underwhelming "down droop" wing. Its like someone took a stock 90s spoiler from a Ford Probe and put it up on ricer stilts.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2 Type R
i beg to differ. Your opinion IS the popular opinion, haha! Imean as modest as the modest crowd wants this car to be over the gen X, the new wing looks even more ricey than the old one. At least the 10th gen wing looked OEM + (like subaru STi and Evo). it looked very high quality and meaty/substantial like a high class samurai's helmet crest. The new one has that very aftermarket looking scissor scaffolding going up the sides. and then leading to an underwhelming "down droop" wing. Its like someone took a stock 90s spoiler from a Ford Probe and put it up on ricer stilts.
Disagree. I really don't like it when JDM manufac. use fat, painted plastic stands for the wing. Look at the GT3, C63 BS, M3 GTS, etc.
They all have skinny metal stands (like the 11th gen here), which makes the car look way more upscale than the fat ones from the X gen.
It's utilitarian and I love it.

ahobbsk24

First Name
Ardae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord EX-L 5MT, 1998 Honda Accord EX V
I honestly thinks this looks amazing—the wing reminds me of the wing on the S2000 CR.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, '16 ILX
gt3 stands are painted btw. your referring to the gt3RS which has the skinny stands.

i hate the skinny stands. the initial leaked picture where it had the thicker stands looks much better than these aftermarket wing look alike stands.

leave the skinny stands to GT wings.

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
gt3 stands are painted btw. your referring to the gt3RS which has the skinny stands.

i hate the skinny stands. the initial leaked picture where it had the thicker stands looks much better than these aftermarket wing look alike stands.

leave the skinny stands to GT wings.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." EA637E38-9F74-4E1B-8572-D1C253E31121

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I love my 2019 CTR because it is so ridiculous... 2023 at first glance looks almost dialed back too much visually, I'll reserve my opinion until I see it without the camo though.
Majority of people don't want a car that looks ridiculous. Dialing it back a little is the perfect move by Honda.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I work at the Honda auto plant in Indy, looks like the new hatchback that we’re building now. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for all of you that it’s not a hatchback. We’re having insane amounts of issues with the hatches not being flush/lining up with body lines and have about 3,000 built cars sitting in repair lots outside waiting for new hatch comps. Can’t believe how slowly they’re trickling out to dealerships.
Here we are blaming the chips. :) Please take pics and post a new thread. This is a worthy topic!!

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
That's the only reservation I have between the 10th and 11th gen Civic. When jumping back and forth between side-profile pics of the two, the 10th gen's hood has a nice, continuous, downward slope, whereas the 11th gen's hood extends forward in a rounded manner.

It'll be good to see the 11th gen type-R out of camo, as th FK8 looked pretty dumb in the white mottling before final release. I really liked the FK8 in CBP and Aegean blue, hopefully this new one works in a few more colors for me
Sponsored