• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't want a 2900-3000lb civic, that blunt hood will also cause peripherial visibility to suffer (for those in the know, immediate peripheral visibility to the ground and both sides is what determines the brain's ability to capture the sensation of speed - which will surely be lost with a big blunt hood that doesn't curve down. it WILL feel muted and numb at higher speeds)
Yeah, even my slow 7th gen EX was fun to drive because of the sensation that the short, more pointed nose gave.
Sponsored

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Majority of people don't want a car that looks ridiculous. Dialing it back a little is the perfect move by Honda.
Agreed. They may lose a few sales from enthusiasts that don't like the more dialed back look, but gain many more from the GP who were embarrassed to be seen in the 10th gen CTR.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
@TypeSiR what are you trying to point out? It’s still unclear the factory tire size of the new Type R.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
He's saying that you can see two staggered lines of text, two stacked lines of text, and another that's aligned slightly differently. The one we see on the 11th gen Type R most closely aligns with the stacked text, which is found on the 245/35 19

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S Tire Markings

245/30/20 (google image)
1633560402391.png

245/30/19 (google image)
1633560316641.png

245/35/19 (google image)
1633560602489.png

245/?/? (2023 CTR Prototype)
1633560706237.png
Nice eye. My guess would be that they are still the same size as the FK8s, but I would be one to swap them for 18s right away and keep the 20s for the track if anything.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2012 Kawsaki Vulcan 900 Custom, 2008 Chevy Silverado
Majority of people don't want a car that looks ridiculous. Dialing it back a little is the perfect move by Honda.
It makes sense to dial back the ordinary models, and I agree - it's a good move. However I wasn't talking about an ordinary car. I was talking about my 2019 CTR. Both the 9th and 10th gen CTR's turn up the taps on the design language significantly over the ordinary models. Look at the other current performance models in this segment, (eg: WRX / STI / Veloster-N / Golf R) side by side with the ordinary model. It's Carolina Reaper vs Vanilla Pudding. They're all a little ridiculous in their own way, the designs are edgy, they stand out. Those of us who want the performance model don't seem to mind a little Carolina Reaper in our driveway.

As I'm in the market for an 11th gen CTR when they come out, I don't want it to be confused for an ordinary 11th gen Civic. Ever. I'll see how I feel once the camo comes off. :)

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
It makes sense to dial back the ordinary models, and I agree - it's a good move. However I wasn't talking about an ordinary car. I was talking about my 2019 CTR. Both the 9th and 10th gen CTR's turn up the taps on the design language significantly over the ordinary models. Look at the other current performance models in this segment, (eg: WRX / STI / Veloster-N / Golf R) side by side with the ordinary model. It's Carolina Reaper vs Vanilla Pudding. They're all a little ridiculous in their own way, the designs are edgy, they stand out. Those of us who want the performance model don't seem to mind a little Carolina Reaper in our driveway.

As I'm in the market for an 11th gen CTR when they come out, I don't want it to be confused for an ordinary 11th gen Civic. Ever. I'll see how I feel once the camo comes off. :)
You have a valid point...for a very select group of buyers such as yourself. But this is a virtual slam dunk: there will be more enthusiasts who are drawn to the new Type R than there are current CTR owners who are put off by it. And that's bad news for buyers given the current supply issues. $$$$$

Sefu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BRZ
As someone who liked the 10th CTR and wanted one, I am pretty excited for the 11th. From what we can see now, I am liking the more subdued look. Waiting for the final product before making a decision on my next car ⏳

RuReady

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R, FN2 Type R
For me personally I fell like the XI Gen Type Rs looks have been to toned down way to much. don't get me wrong I think this is an OK looking car, it's just not my cup of tea. as the owner of an EK an FN2 and and FK8 the Type R has always been about the boy racer. its part of the the Type R heritage and how they become popular among gangs and street racers in Japan.

It looks to much like an American car now and has lost some of it crazy Japanese flare. it looks like they took allot of styling ques from the Dodge Charger. firstly the bonnet line no longer has that sporty downward slop towards the front and is more flat like most American muscle cars. the head and tail lights look very similar in design to the Charger. as this model is the first to be built in the US, I would have to say that it is now an American Type R.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." 01 2023 Honda Civic Type R - Camo

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." 2021-Dodge-Charger-Hellcat-Redeye-8

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." 02 2023 Honda Civic Type R - Camo

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Official Teaser From Honda!! "Ready for Nurburgring Testing." hennessey-charger-grey-530px-home

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
I’m almost certain the lead designer of the XI Civic is from Honda of Japan. Not designed by American Honda most likely.

RuReady

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R, FN2 Type R
I’m almost certain the lead designer of the XI Civic is from Honda of Japan. Not designed by American Honda most likely.
I agree. I just have a feeling that honda is trying to appeal more now to the American market. and considering the size of that market I'm not surprised.
Sponsored