• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
The Civic at the apartment complex is clearly one of the press release cars from July 20. It is not a production customer car.

You don't understand that even the cars Honda lets us request (once per month(August 15th)) in August are allocations in Sepember and don't have build dates until October/November and once they're built they take 30-45 days to get here assuming they're built in the continental United States

Now imagine they DO get ordered in September, they will be built December and arrive Late January? They need to come over here on a boat.

My inventory manager is privy to all information Honda provides and they have not
I REPEAT
H A V E N O T
given us a definite order that we will be allowed to order these Civic Type R's. Any dealers who say September are trying to act smart they don't actually have information. And even if they're wrong they can just say "sorry, Honda pushed it back"

Just giving false hope
$50 bet still stands

Sorry for rant
I tried to tell them this but... The mob mentality does as it pleases.
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
The bet is 1 single FL5 production-ready model that is deliverable to a customer on the North American shores PRIOR to Dec 31, 2022, for $50 correct? It seems like an easy bet to win IMO lol.

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
I'm not sure that anything has actually changed here, other than all of the delusional people here thinking they're going to order next month and receive it the month after šŸ¤”šŸ˜‚
I won't go so far as to call people delusional. I'm just going to be positive and say that we have a lot of people with a lot of hope, myself included. But I'm a bit more realistic and don't expect a production car till after mid October at the earliest.

The place I have a deposit down has said I would receive my car in a time frame between November and January. Honestly, who knows at this point. Itā€™s fun checking this thread every hour though for new unsubstantiated rumors haha.
November - January is probably more likely. So far it seems Japanese info says late this year and early next year and UK said January. Can't see US/Canada get ahead of Japan.

I'll still hope for a miracle. I'm sharing an SUV right now with my wife and its transmission is just no good. Dying to get back to a Type R.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
This isnā€™t mob mentality, this is me asking questions. All I want is what everyone wants, for Honda to come out and say what all of the ā€œexpertsā€ already know.
They need to take back the ā€œcoming this fallā€ and put out an official statement that the 2023 Type R will not arrive anywhere until next year.
How fricken hard would that be, considering you guys know basically everything?

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
The Civic at the apartment complex is clearly one of the press release cars from July 20. It is not a production customer car.

You don't understand that even the cars Honda lets us request (once per month(August 15th)) in August are allocations in Sepember and don't have build dates until October/November and once they're built they take 30-45 days to get here assuming they're built in the continental United States

Now imagine they DO get ordered in September, they will be built December and arrive Late January? They need to come over here on a boat.

My inventory manager is privy to all information Honda provides and they have not
I REPEAT
H A V E N O T
given us a definite order that we will be allowed to order these Civic Type R's. Any dealers who say September are trying to act smart they don't actually have information. And even if they're wrong they can just say "sorry, Honda pushed it back"

Just giving false hope
$50 bet still stands

Sorry for rant
Iā€™m not an idiot, obviously the car is not a production car.

thecaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Happy to get rid of the MK8?! What are you not liking about it?
Itā€™s a fine car, donā€™t get me wrong. Iā€™ve only owned Japanese cars my entire life before the MK8 Golf R. I sold my 2021 Type R to get into the Golf. (Thankfully paid MSRP for both vehicles.) However, since owning Golf, Iā€™ve come to terms that it just isnā€™t as fun as the Type R. The steering is definitely not as responsive and the shifter is laughable compared to the FK8 Type R shifter. Itā€™s hard to top that shifter except for maybe an S2000, a fancy exotic, etc. The leather and luxury items are nice in the Golf. I really dig the sunroof and ambient lighting. I know it may sound trivial, but Iā€™m a sucker for sweet ambient lighting haha. The AWD is awesome. But at the end of the day, the Golf feels like a fancy commuter car and the Type R feels freaking special. It really does. I canā€™t imagine how amazing the 2023 is going to be.

Reactions: Z3N

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Itā€™s a fine car, donā€™t get me wrong. Iā€™ve only owned Japanese cars my entire life before the MK8 Golf R. I sold my 2021 Type R to get into the Golf. (Thankfully paid MSRP for both vehicles.) However, since owning Golf, Iā€™ve come to terms that it just isnā€™t as fun as the Type R. The steering is definitely not as responsive and the shifter is laughable compared to the FK8 Type R shifter. Itā€™s hard to top that shifter except for maybe an S2000, a fancy exotic, etc. The leather and luxury items are nice in the Golf. I really dig the sunroof and ambient lighting. I know it may sound trivial, but Iā€™m a sucker for sweet ambient lighting haha. The AWD is awesome. But at the end of the day, the Golf feels like a fancy commuter car and the Type R feels freaking special. It really does. I canā€™t imagine how amazing the 2023 is going to be.
You bought a manual R. Oof, it's DSG or no go for the R. Stock clutch can't even handle stage 1 power (when tunes come out).

However, u can improve the 6speed quite easily. Get the diesel geek sigma 6 short shifter. Completely changes the shifting feel. The DAP ss is also just as good. I loved my DG SS when I had a mk7.5 R.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
This isnā€™t mob mentality, this is me asking questions. All I want is what everyone wants, for Honda to come out and say what all of the ā€œexpertsā€ already know.
They need to take back the ā€œcoming this fallā€ and put out an official statement that the 2023 Type R will not arrive anywhere until next year.
How fricken hard would that be, considering you guys know basically everything?
Come on friend... It's all good. No need to trip.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Iā€™m just saying, if Honda canā€™t release the car until Spring, why not just come out and say it, officially.
I get it.

I'm not at point the other guy is. I just think September-October is more the ordering time. Then a November for pricing etc.

We will see.

LIt just seems like Honda really isn't doing anything different than what they always do.

Last edited:

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
You had me at ambient lighting..I'm the exact same way ha

Thanks for the breakdown of your thoughts on it. šŸ‘
If I went for an MK8, I'd get the Dual Clutch Automatic myself.

chrisr111

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hondas and other stuff
That used to be true, but it's no longer the case. Honda's F1 engines are now made by HRC (Honda Racing Corporation), and Mugen is slowly getting phased out on the accessory end by Honda Modulo and Honda Access. As others have said, Mugen is a shell of its former self.
Mugen is Mugen, you never know what they are up to as they play their cards very close to their chest - I wouldn't play them down.

For what it's worth I know for a fact they buiild engines for HRC - I've seen them first hand ;)

Chris.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Mugen is Mugen, you never know what they are up to as they play their cards very close to their chest - I wouldn't play them down.

For what it's worth I know for a fact they buiild engines for HRC - I've seen them first hand ;)

Chris.
If thatā€™s true, awesome. But I donā€™t see that represented in any of their current product offerings, sadly.