• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Good news everyone, my dealership just personally delivered my new Type R to my house just now. They even gave it to me for two grand under MSRP and a catered breakfast. Said I can’t post pics of it or I go to jail. Hope everyone has a good day
Delivered my new Type R*
$10 per head to drive by and have a look!!
No refunds!

*replica
Sponsored

Last edited:

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Dear Honda,

Release the damn ETAs already.
Oh, and power figures.

Stop being difficult.

Yours forever,

Everyone

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Jokes aside, I suspect more info from their marketing team in early Sept.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I don't care about price, power, options, or delivery dates.

I ONLY care about dealership allocations & timelines to be provided to the dealers so that those of us in line and get a Yay or Nay in ever receiving one FROM the dealerships we are trying to work with.

All else is just supplementary information to me at this point

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST

I ONLY care about dealership allocations & timelines to be provided to the dealers so that those of us in line and get a Yay or Nay in ever receiving one FROM the dealerships we are trying to work with.

I’d say that’s where I’m at, all that other stuff is irrelevant at this point… we all pretty much have a basic idea about all those items…
…and it’s even worse for those of us who live in areas where dealerships aren’t doing lists or deposits…

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR

The fact that Honda is mum on this doesn't bode well; I'd expect low allocations for the 1st year or so.
I think it's fair to assume whatever your dealers got in the past for 1st-year FK8s, expect that or slightly less.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
As others have said, until I have keys in hand, not running out to buy merchandise.
Eh it’s a limited deal, it’s only a little money. And I’m pretty damn confident I’m getting a car being 2nd in line at a high volume dealer. If I don’t get one, I feel like we’re in trouble.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
No allocation, no merch buy lol.

Odds are I would just burn all the merch I buy now if I don't get an allocation.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I’d say that’s where I’m at, all that other stuff is irrelevant at this point… we all pretty much have a basic idea about all those items…
…and it’s even worse for those of us who live in areas where dealerships aren’t doing lists or deposits…
I've come to the point where I don't even care about what color they give me LOL. Odds are I might be able to trade with someone locally if I get one.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
I've come to the point where I don't even care about what color they give me LOL. Odds are I might be able to trade with someone locally if I get one.
What place in line are you at your dealer? Do you know how many '17 FK8s they received? If not, I'd ask them. That's a question they can answer and would give you a more clear picture.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
What place in line are you at your dealer? Do you know how many '17 FK8s they received? If not, I'd ask them. That's a question they can answer and would give you a more clear picture.
I'm on 3 lists. 2 I have deposits down, 1 is a call list. FK8 received is meaningless in relation to FL5 expectations. Most dealers in my region have a range of how many they expect to get across 3 years (0 - 8), avg 2-3 per Model Year. These same delivers received 5-10 EACH year for the FK8. None of them expect to receive more than 20%-30% of what they got for FK8 all years in.

I don't care about my place in line, I'm working with dealerships that are fishing for max profit. I have already stated what total net over MSRP I am willing to do (by combining different packages, trade-in, warranties, financing rate, etc.) to secure a top spot in line. Awaiting feedback to see if my offer nets me an allocation.

I'm confident working with non-profit seeking dealerships will lower ur chances, as those will likely just sell to friends, family, acquaintances etc.
Sponsored

Last edited: