• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

supreme732

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw m235
You think that's crazy.....just wait and wonder what happens with the FL5.

Let's say it gets great press and people are 2-3 years deep on waiting for their new one. The resale will be insane after a year or two.

really don't think it's going to be that bad lol

it's a 40k car... 50k it's competing with m235 m240

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
really don't think it's going to be that bad lol

it's a 40k car... 50k it's competing with m235 m240
Nobody wanting a Type R would settle for one of those lazy ass luxury vehicles. Again, in most big markets you can't find anything at MSRP currently. A 50k car runs 60-65k in Texas. This is a Honda forum. People want a top tier Honda, not a low to mid range Bummer.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Nobody wanting a Type R would settle for one of those lazy ass luxury vehicles. Again, in most big markets you can't find anything at MSRP currently. A 50k car runs 60-65k in Texas. This is a Honda forum. People want a top tier Honda, not a low to mid range Bummer.
Only BMW I would cross shop is M2 comp, or New upcoming M2.... MAYBE a M3. 35/40i's I wouldn't even bother with. Dont even care about much cheaper they might be.

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
People that are dedicated Hondaphiles just want the most badass Honda they can get. I don't look at other brands because I know 20 years down the line my car will still be running. If I had 150k set aside for a car I'd still be buying the Type R and prob an old NSX. Other makers don't exist to most dedicated Honda fans. Stop with the cross shop talk.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
People that are dedicated Hondaphiles just want the most badass Honda they can get. I don't look at other brands because I know 20 years down the line my car will still be running. If I had 150k set aside for a car I'd still be buying the Type R and prob an old NSX. Other makers don't exist to most dedicated Honda fans. Stop with the cross shop talk.
To be fair, I just buy whatever is hot ATM. Which IMO speaks to how well received the FL5. I have NEVER owned a Japanese car ever. And Im in 5 lines for both the FL5 and Toyo GRC.

Robert.C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1, DC2-R
Could not agree more. I'm not buying this thing because it won a Consumer Reports comparison. I don't want anything else (anything new, that is).

RoidRage said:
To be fair, I just buy whatever is hot ATM. Which IMO speaks to how well received the FL5. I have NEVER owned a Japanese car ever. And Im in 5 lines for both the FL5 and Toyo GRC.
This is basically my dad's approach to car buying. I find it so confusing. Haha

EDIT: Corrected mis-quote!

Last edited:

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Could not agree more. I'm not buying this thing because it won a Consumer Reports comparison. I don't want anything else (anything new, that is).
Yup, there are VERY few cars right now that really makes me want to go out in this automotive and economic climate, and potentially get bent over by the dealerships. But for the FL5 and maybe GRC, I will make an exception and go balls deep.

I also would have done the same for the new RS3, but that got cancelled in Canada LOL FML right?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car

This is basically my dad's approach to car buying. I find it so confusing. Haha

EDIT: Corrected mis-quote!
I have owned a lot of cars in my lifetime, and built a decent amount of tuner cars also, mostly euro. I just get bored easily, shiny new objects always get the best of me. But I hope I end that cycle with the FL5 + GRC in my garage.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
I have owned a lot of cars in my lifetime, and built a decent amount of tuner cars also, mostly euro. I just get bored easily, shiny new objects always get the best of me. But I hope I end that cycle with the FL5 + GRC in my garage.
It will not.

They are only going to satiate your appetite for so long until the next new, shiny, badass thing comes along lol

Reactions: Z3N

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
I wonder if there will be a charity auction for the 1st FL5 sold in the States, like the blue fk8 in 2017 🤔