• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

mbraun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Long time lurker, I just got a call from my dealer (Montreal, Canada) and thought I would share. I am third on their list but they called to advise they would have to refund my deposit and I would have to register directly with Honda Canada. But they told me nothing changes and that it was good that I got on their list early. They also told me however much cars they get in a delivery, that will be it for the year. So if they get 2 in 2023 they wouldn’t get anything else until 2024.

It seems I will have to go in next week for them to refund me and then have me register with Honda. We’ll see how that goes…
Can you elaborate on the "nothing changes? part? I also have a deposit at wpg. dealer, but if its a lottery, won't that be the way it works? why would they refund your deposit if they are receiving "x" amount of cars?

And did they say how to register with Honda CDA? Any other info would be very much appreciated!
Sponsored

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Can you elaborate on the "nothing changes? part? I also have a deposit at wpg. dealer, but if its a lottery, won't that be the way it works? why would they refund your deposit if they are receiving "x" amount of cars?

And did they say how to register with Honda CDA? Any other info would be very much appreciated!
ya would like to know the same, wondering if people can individually go to the site and place a deposit without having to ask the dealer, which seems to be the point of this system.

T13R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Civic SiR II

I knew that when I posted it would raise more questions, and I should have asked while I had my salesman on the phone but I figured I would get all that info in person, assuming they do call me in to go next week. My salesman only told me that his GM asked to call people on the list with this info. He reiterated colors we would be receiving as if it was new info, even though we've known for a really long time... They did not mention anything about a lottery, they made it sound like the only difference would be that my deposit would be with Honda instead of with them. They did not give any details on how to register, I don't think they truly know yet and seems to be why they would ask me to go in once things are cleared up.

I also agree that if it was a lottery, then it would make no sense to tell me they would receive 'x' amount of cars per year. So what kind of system is this really? Like RoidRage already said, this whole thing has been a shit show. If they do end up calling me in next week, I'll try to get more details. Maybe it will just end up being more bs.

fchanovski

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
I knew that when I posted it would raise more questions, and I should have asked while I had my salesman on the phone but I figured I would get all that info in person, assuming they do call me in to go next week. My salesman only told me that his GM asked to call people on the list with this info. He reiterated colors we would be receiving as if it was new info, even though we've known for a really long time... They did not mention anything about a lottery, they made it sound like the only difference would be that my deposit would be with Honda instead of with them. They did not give any details on how to register, I don't think they truly know yet and seems to be why they would ask me to go in once things are cleared up.

I also agree that if it was a lottery, then it would make no sense to tell me they would receive 'x' amount of cars per year. So what kind of system is this really? Like RoidRage already said, this whole thing has been a shit show. If they do end up calling me in next week, I'll try to get more details. Maybe it will just end up being more bs.
Appreciate the information brother (or sister), and to everyone sharing the latest they're hearing!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Got an update for you guys, source has been reliable in the past but take it with a VERY big grain of salt.

Allegedly GMs and GSMs of Honda dealerships should have an idea of how many FL5s they’ll be allocated over the next coming week. Actual numbers won’t be verified officially until November. MSRP, previously unannounced specs and options go live after Media drives in Early November. Some dealerships will not receive an FL5. The dealerships that’ll receive the most FL5s are the ones that sold the most FK8s and consistently have the lowest turn around time for civics.

They expect to produce 4800 FL5s (Subject to change but that’s currently forecast) per year for the entire world with the US getting 50% of that.

In no particular order; here’s a list of dealerships that consistently shift the most metal
  • Paragon Honda
  • Norm Reeves Honda
  • Braman Honda
  • Rick Case Honda
  • DCH Paramus Honda
  • Kelly Honda
  • Roush Honda
  • First Texas Honda
  • Galpin Honda
  • Mohawk Honda
  • Honda of New Rochelle
  • Brickell Honda
  • Coral Springs Honda
  • Lindsay Honda

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Added cities and states

• Paragon Honda - Queens, NY
  • Norm Reeves Honda - Multiple in CA, one in TX
  • Braman Honda - Multiple in FL
  • Rick Case Honda -Davie, FL
  • DCH Paramus Honda - Paramus, NJ
  • Kelly Honda - Lynn, MA
  • Roush Honda - Westerville, OH
  • First Texas Honda - Austin, TX (keep it weird)
  • Galpin Honda - San Fernando, CA
  • Mohawk Honda - Schenecectenady, NY
  • Honda of New Rochelle - New Rochelle, NY
  • Brickell Honda - Miami, FL
  • Coral Springs Honda - Coral Springs, FL
  • Lindsay Honda - Columbus, OH

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
sounds about right…the car will sort of hard to get, that’s why I think Honda decided to build in japan. They knew the car would be low production so they could make one with real quality and limited like a real R should be

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Based on those numbers it 100% means not every dealer will get one, larger dealers might get max 1-3 a year.

Looks like my original math and estimates using leaked Canadian numbers wasn't far off at all.

If they expect to make 400 FL5s a month (from Honda direct annoucementa), this how they got to the 4800 annual production targets. It's pretty much just straight flat line monthly production annualized.

Last edited:

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Based on those numbers it 100% means not every dealer will get one, larger dealers might get max 1-3 a year.

Looks like my original math and estimates using leaked Canadian numbers wasn't far off at all.
Exactly, top dealerships are looking at 3 a year.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
The American blood bath is about to begin lol. Time for yall to try to assess if the dealerships you have deposits with or list wise is even top tier to be able to get said allocated FL5s

Happy Thanksgiving yall, happy hunting lol.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
You mean all the people saying this car would be limited might be correct?!

My dealer has a decent ADM attached and as long as they get the one they said they would get I think I'll be alright. If not, oh well! I'm definitely not interested in having multiple deposits at multiple dealerships at this point.

I suspect that once the dealers that promised MSRP find out how limited this is their deals may change...

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
If something is already written and signed, they won’t back out of msrp deals

However, once they realize how limited it is the mark up on this car will be insane lol

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
You mean all the people saying this car would be limited might be correct?!

My dealer has a decent ADM attached and as long as they get the one they said they would get I think I'll be alright. If not, oh well! I'm definitely not interested in having multiple deposits at multiple dealerships at this point.

I suspect that once the dealers that promised MSRP find out how limited this is their deals may change...
Who woulda guessed that right! Its not like we are at the end of the ICE era + global supply issues + massive production issues and decreasing volumes YoY... Awww shucks if only there were signs!! Why were there no signs!!!! The demand is there doe!!

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica

I disagree with that take for the states. 2,400 is about 60% of 10th gen years. There were dealerships getting 20+ a year during that time, others got none. Best evaluation is to take a dealers historical type r inventory and divide it in half. Thats not too bad considering all the doom and gloom. If the run is 2-3 years folks will get their fill. Enough with the panic talk already.
Sponsored