• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Another Update: this one especially take it with an EVEN BIGGER GRAIN OF SALT gents,

MSRP will be between $43k-45K (Personally I thought it would be closer to $41k but we'll see soon enough)
The FL5 will be produced for only 3 model years and during the final model year, there are plans for a Limited-Edition model.

This one for sure I rolled my eyes at because the MSRP does not coincide with 10 gen numbers or current 11th gen numbers, years of production also do not line up, but I'm just passing on info I was given.
Sponsored

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
Another Update: this one especially take it with an EVEN BIGGER GRAIN OF SALT gents,

MSRP will be between $43k-45K (Personally I thought it would be closer to $41k but we'll see soon enough)
The FL5 will be produced for only 3 model years and during the final model year, there are plans for a Limited-Edition model.

This one for sure I rolled my eyes at because the MSRP does not coincide with 10 gen numbers or current 11th gen numbers, years of production also do not line up, but I'm just passing on info I was given.
Gross. Any ADM on top of that takes it out of my interest level.

Also, I called a local dealer and they said the '23 Type R is now in the system, but they're unable to place any orders for them.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Dealer called again today asking for the color I wanted, gave them my top 2 choices. They said Honda advised them to be ready to place their order tomorrow.

I changed my mind on the color, called the salesman back to reverse my choices and he then tells me they are going to be built to order…so whatever I pick I will get.:dunno:

He then also tells me that they would be placing the orders around 1pm today (I’m Eastern time). No mention of registering with Honda this time. I asked him about my place on the list (I was 3rd out of an assumed 7 allocations) and was told this time around they are able to order 3, and I’m part of those 3.

I’ve also been keeping an eye on a local forum. Last week one person was also called to pick their color but was not told anything about the reservation system. They were supposedly going to their dealer today (I’ll check to see if they give an update). Another user was told straight up their deposit would eventually be given back and then they would have to register with Honda. And this morning someone posted that their dealer lost 2 allocations, and would be getting 4 cars total over the next 3 years. Apparently they saw the email from Honda Canada rep to the dealer.

There seems to be stuff going on in the background, still no clarity on the process…
Is this a US dealer or Canada?

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX

Yeah calling bullshit on that price. Wish dealers would just stop with this nonsense.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I agree but for arguments sake let say it is $45k, does it now change how you feel about it?
Yeah I mean out the door I would be between $53-$55k with my markup. Just ridiculous at that point. Just don’t see that happening. That would be a $12k increase since 2016.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Yeah I mean out the door I would be between $53-$55k with my markup. Just ridiculous at that point. Just don’t see that happening. That would be a $12k increase since 2016.
I don't see it happening either. IF it really is $45k there might be quite a few cancelled orders

T13R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Civic SiR II
Is this a US dealer or Canada?
Yeah Canada, more specifically province of Quebec which for some reason is getting info other provinces aren’t. Kyofu appears to be with a different dealer in Quebec, and being told the same thing.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
I don't see it happening either. IF it really is $45k there might be quite a few cancelled orders
Yeah, but it honestly points more towards the $39k rumors. The price was showing around $35k USD on the stickers in Japan. Someone correct me if I’m wrong there.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Yeah, but it honestly points more towards the $39k rumors. The price was showing around $35k USD on the stickers in Japan. Someone correct me if I’m wrong there.
You aren't, a direct conversion from yen to USD works out $34,726. There's no way taxes, tariffs, shipping and profit will lead them to charge an additional $10k.
Like I said, don't shoot the messenger.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
You aren't, a direct conversion from yen to USD works out $34,726. There's no way taxes, tariffs, shipping and profit will lead them to charge and additional $10k.
Like I said, don't shoot the messenger.
Yeah for sure. Just adds to the other garbage bs dealers keep saying. Like the October 28th at 10:00am car arrival. How in the world does a dealer claim to have a time and date? And I hope he’s right. But no way I believe that.

惹Raizzelle

First Name
Raizzelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Honda Civic FL5 Type R
at least u know knw u will get one..

im in Coquitlam BC (burb of Van) and my dealer has been silent. just texted my guy this morning, hoping for good news..
I’m from Surrey BC, and contacted every dealership here in BC. I only got 1 deposit out of all the dealerships in BC as they don’t accept any yet. Haven’t received any updates too. Please let me know if you receive news.