• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Just think, Canada is getting like 500 over 3 years…
ugh its unfair
accoording to wiki, there are about 237 dealers in Canada.
~600 over 3 yrs means each dealer is getting 3 on average..wth

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
ugh its unfair
accoording to wiki, there are about 237 dealers in Canada.
~600 over 3 yrs means each dealer is getting 3 on average..wth
Remember we have only heard that here on the forum and regurgitated by only by some dealers because they heard it from us lol. Many dealers are admitting that communication between Honda and the dealer network has been absolutely terrible. That being said we really know nothing for sure, so I will choose to be optimistic that we get more that ridiculous number. If it turns out to be true so be it, If i don't get one I will go back to motorcycles because there isn't anything else out there I want to own right now.

machimself

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R
only a 39 hour drive for me (2,550 miles). still down.

if anyone on the west coast wants to meet i'm down! i'll be driving it from the PNW all the way down to SoCal the week I get it.
Might be willing to go part of the way with you depending on timing and whether my dealer gets one for launch... assuming you're starting in WA somewhere...

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Remember we have only heard that here on the forum and regurgitated by only by some dealers because they heard it from us lol. Many dealers are admitting that communication between Honda and the dealer network has been absolutely terrible. That being said we really know nothing for sure, so I will choose to be optimistic that we get more that ridiculous number. If it turns out to be true so be it, If i don't get one I will go back to motorcycles because there isn't anything else out there I want to own right now.
This...

I don't know Honda of Canada... but I would remain neutral as possible until Honda says something.

Things are subject to change and sometimes people who should know... don't know a thing

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
So I guess he is just driving journalists and YouTubers around on the track? Saw Thomas from Throttle House post a pic in the passenger's seat. Didn't Toyota do this with the GR Corolla before they handed them out to journalists at a later date to do actual reviews?
Considering both C&D and R&T have tracked it, I would wager they're going to be able to release instrumented testing as well as drive impressions on the 28th. Similarly I'd bet the Throttlehouse guys will have a similar video like the Z06 one, then get a Canadian press car for another piece at their track.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Considering both C&D and R&T have tracked it, I would wager they're going to be able to release instrumented testing as well as drive impressions on the 28th. Similarly I'd bet the Throttlehouse guys will have a similar video like the Z06 one, then get a Canadian press car for another piece at their track.
If I got my CTR early enough I was going to contact the Throttle House guys to see if they wanted to give it a proper shake down.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
So I guess he is just driving journalists and YouTubers around on the track? Saw Thomas from Throttle House post a pic in the passenger's seat. Didn't Toyota do this with the GR Corolla before they handed them out to journalists at a later date to do actual reviews?
Honda and Red Bull have a pretty close relationship, that's why Max is driving the car around as a promotional event I suppose. This also promotes F1 in the US, they keep trying to build their fan base in the States.

And Red Bull most likely will clinch the constructors championship this weekend, so it's a nice weekend to do it.

katch922

First Name
Raf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 CTR
If I got my CTR early enough I was going to contact the Throttle House guys to see if they wanted to give it a proper shake down.
You're very generous, none of those guys are launching my car :p

sackofcheese

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic SI, 1994 Miata (track toy)
You're very generous, none of those guys are launching my car :p
I'd let them or the SG guys track mine. Especially if I got a set of tires out of it. I let my friends launch my Si at autocross, and will definitely be autocrossing and tracking a Type R when I get one. Cars are meant to be driven
Sponsored