• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB CTR, 2022 Honda CRV, 2022 Ford F150
i read somewhere that there is a bin with a bunch of plaques in the factory and employees just grab w/e...
I can speak on this a little. There likely is a process where you are to install the serial plate and it's probably streamlined to be in order (hopefully that much is obvious). However things happen and I'm sure every so often they install the wrong #, maybe there are stragglers (cars that start to get built but get pulled then put back for later, or someone just doesn't understand how to do the process. So to be straightforward, they likely do get installed correctly 95-99% of the time. But there are occurrences where they slip up.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
So is the Vin number the actual "car number" or the plaque number is?

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is the Vin number the actual "car number" or the plaque number is?
VIN correlates to multiple things. This pretty well explains what is what

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! Screenshot_20221030_113542_Chrome

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Correctā€¦plaque has absolutely nothing to do with vin

As said aboveā€¦theyā€™re just in a bin and grabbed at random

Rhorn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 , Civic Type R
Damn thats crazy. I always thought it was like the Shelby Mustangs or other numbered cars where the chasis number is X number of car to roll down the production line.

My GT350 chassis # is L0118, L meaning that its a 2020 MY.

I was really hoping the my CTR would have the same number lol šŸ˜…

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn thats crazy. I always thought it was like the Shelby Mustangs or other numbered cars where the chasis number is X number of car to roll down the production line.

My GT350 chassis # is L0118, L meaning that its a 2020 MY.

I was really hoping the my CTR would have the same number lol šŸ˜…
The serial plate does correlate to as it rolls off the line. No they don't just go into a box and pull the number out at random. The VIN does not assign to them as they roll off the line. For example a Canadian VIN, Japanese VIN, and American VIN, can all be 000001. That's why VINs don't correlate with the badge number.

If your serial plate # says R-00069, you can bet it was likely the 69th (nice) Type R that rolled off the line once Mass production officially began.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Iā€™m pretty sure I just saw a Boost Blue CTR on the streets. Are my eyes deceiving me?! Located in OR.

ctrc2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model3
Iā€™m pretty sure I just saw a Boost Blue CTR on the streets. Are my eyes deceiving me?! Located in OR.
with some people taking delivery today, i wouldnt be surprised if it was real, heck might have been someone from here lol

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
with some people taking delivery today, i wouldnt be surprised if it was real, heck might have been someone from here lol
Haha, it's weird because I live out in a kind of rural area. I was just coming back from a grocery store haul and I almost flipped a hard U-turn to go chase after it but I probably would have spilled all of my groceries šŸ˜¬

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The serial plate does correlate to as it rolls off the line. No they don't just go into a box and pull the number out at random. The VIN does not assign to them as they roll off the line. For example a Canadian VIN, Japanese VIN, and American VIN, can all be 000001. That's why VINs don't correlate with the badge number.

If your serial plate # says R-00069, you can bet it was likely the 69th (nice) Type R that rolled off the line once Mass production officially began.
Yes the last few of the vin means which was built, nobody is disputing that, I even posted a picture from Honda that says that

However the badge is just randomly put onā€¦has absolutely ZERO to do on a car that is not extremely limited

Even on the itr which was very limited in the US, it followed the same way

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes the last few of the vin means which was built, nobody is disputing that, I even posted a picture from Honda that says that

However the badge is just randomly put onā€¦has absolutely ZERO to do on a car that is not extremely limited

Even on the itr which was very limited in the US, it followed the same way
Are we sure? Unless someone from japan can verify that it'd be hard to say if this is true.

If that was the case and it was truly random we'd see serial #s as high as 99,999 or 50,000. We are seeing them in the 0-1000s which makes sense production wise.

Idk man, I do think it's sequential order. I'm not saying it's exactly perfect but I don't think it's as random as you are portraying it to be.

When I go into work tomorrow I'll see if i can pull up some processes that would identify how they do it. Not sure how limited my capability is on that, but I should be able to truly verify.

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are we sure? Unless someone from japan can verify that it'd be hard to say if this is true.

If that was the case and it was truly random we'd see serial #s as high as 99,999 or 50,000. We are seeing them in the 0-1000s which makes sense production wise.

Idk man, I do think it's sequential order. I'm not saying it's exactly perfect but I don't think it's as random as you are portraying it to be.

When I go into work tomorrow I'll see if i can pull up some processes that would identify how they do it. Not sure how limited my capability is on that, but I should be able to truly verify.
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! 0B2DCA4D-4783-4A99-BD8C-52C9B500E74F

Iā€™ve already posted it up a week or so ago

However, like I said badge number means zero to vin other than you have a higher chance of a lower badge with an early car, obviously

Iā€™ve owned a bunch of type rā€™s, not my first, I know how it goes

SP R KiD

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
0B2DCA4D-4783-4A99-BD8C-52C9B500E74F.jpeg

Iā€™ve already posted it up a week or so ago

However, like I said badge number means zero to vin other than you have a higher chance of a lower badge with an early car, obviously

Iā€™ve owned a bunch of type rā€™s, not my first, I know how it goes
Yeah I'm not saying it does match the VIN, im saying it does correlate to when it rolls off the line.

I think we are on different wavelengths here. Maybe I misunderstood what everyone was saying.
Sponsored