• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic
Yeah $10k is going to sell all day.
Yeah I really want one, but I'm not going over 5k. While I love the FL5, it's not the high-revving 90s styled Hondas that I've always loved. If prices are still stupid in a year I'll buy a nice EF sedan for 10-12k, stuff a B18C5 or K20 in it and run circles around the FL5s at my local track for 20k less.
Sponsored

Geezer

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Hate to say it these guys are not dummies if the car sells for 10 over in less than a day it's probably under priced. I wouldn't be surprised if they raised the ADM on the next one.

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
What a journey this has been.. That drive home felt like a luxury vehicle compared to my FK8. WTF is this back up camera though!?

Also, EXTREME swirl marks all over the paint. Was finally able to get them to agree to cover a paint correction.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! IMG_0514

Modular Cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #581, 04 GSX-R600
What a journey this has been.. That drive home felt like a luxury vehicle compared to my FK8. WTF is this back up camera though!?

Also, EXTREME swirl marks all over the paint. Was finally able to get them to agree to cover a paint correction.

IMG_0514.jpeg
Congrats! It sucks about the swirl marks, but I'm glad to hear they are covering the paint correction. Are they correcting it or are you taking it to your own place?

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R #21399 (sold). 2023 Type-R #912
Congrats! It sucks about the swirl marks, but I'm glad to hear they are covering the paint correction. Are they correcting it or are you taking it to your own place?
Dealership is 3 hours away from me so wasn't going to bring it back. Turns out the finance guy uses a detailer on his cars in my city. Just need to set up the appointment and the dealer will cover it.

CaryH

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 touring 2.0T, 2005 Toyota 4runner SR5, 2012 c
That makes perfect sense. I think if you can have the Acura dealer put it in writing that they will sell the type S to you with no additional markup upon reservation then your golden. You don’t want any surprises once the car comes on the lot.

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R

IMG_0514.jpeg
The backup camera is indeed laughably bad. Congrats though! Boost looks great.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
The backup camera is indeed laughably bad. Congrats though! Boost looks great.
Can I ask a dumb question? So I know what to look for when my car gets here. How does a new car wind up with swirl marks if no one has touched the car, except shipping?
And is the backup camera the same as other newer Honda’s
Thank You and congratulations

encarnacionb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Integra
Can I ask a dumb question? So I know what to look for when my car gets here. How does a new car wind up with swirl marks if no one has touched the car, except shipping?
And is the backup camera the same as other newer Honda’s
Thank You and congratulations
When the dealership washes it, they’re materials aren’t the best which causes swirls in the paint. Best thing to do is to ask them not to wash it on delivery.

captainscott60

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
When the dealership washes it, they’re materials aren’t the best which causes swirls in the paint. Best thing to do is to ask them not to wash it on delivery.
Thank you. I asked the dealer to hand wash it and then I m going to bring it to a professional detailing place to clay and ceramic coat it.
thanks again

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
I asked them not to. I almost tempted to ask them to leave the plastic wrapping on it too. Lol
yes,
leave everything on there, even the dirty that's accumulated from sitting at the port..
it is precisely those dirty that are dragged on the new paint that's creating these scratches...

I would hand wash at home with the foam and 2-bucket method... :thumbsup:

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682

IMG_0514.jpeg
man :drool:
Sorry to hear about the swirls...:thumbsdown:
Glad you saw it and were about to get the dealer to pony up for the correction :thumbsup:
that's absolutely bas-ass on your part !
Congrats!!! Another BB in the fam :nixon: