• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Well...

If this article is to be trusted... It should become easier to get an FL5 in The US.

I'm also going to be that guy and remind those who thought otherwise that 400 per month was always for Japan and not global production.

https://creative311.com/?p=151772

I'm not telling you this is a credible source but apparently this is from a leaked document. I have followed this website for a few months now posting here and there articles that they mention relevant info in. While this is good news on the outside of Japan it doesn't seem to be great news for our sisters and brothers in the Japanese market.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Well...

If this article is to be trusted... It should become easier to get an FL5 in The US.

I'm also going to be that guy and remind those who thought otherwise that 400 per month was always for Japan and not global production.

I'm not telling you this is a credible source but apparently this is from a leaked document. I have followed this website for a few months now posting here and there articles that they mention relevant info in. While this is good news on the outside of Japan it doesn't seem to be great news for our sisters and brothers in the Japanese market.
I'm not into speculation but I could see how it would be of interest if you're into that sort of thing. The production numbers will be what they are once the vehicles are produced.

Candidly, I don't want a surge in production. I'm perfectly fine with the production numbers remaining low throughout the production lifecycle and ADMs persisting. The FL5 has been anointed as "special" the world over. There's nothing "special" about a car that you see everywhere when driving around town.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I'm not into speculation but I could see how it would be of interest if you're into that sort of thing. The production numbers will be what they are once the vehicles are produced.

Candidly, I don't want a surge in production. I'm perfectly fine with the production numbers remaining low throughout the production lifecycle and ADMs persisting. The FL5 has been anointed as "special" the world over. There's nothing "special" about a car that you see everywhere when driving around town.
Not my take at all.

If exclusivity is what you desire then you have arrived at this car all wrong. Maybe you should've spent your money on an LE. Or a two seater Corolla GR. Super special that is.

Lol @ being perfectly fine with ADMs persisting... Michael Manley is that you?

The FL5 is special and production numbers are hardly why. I truly enjoy driving it. There really isn't anything quite like it for sale and the future of such a vehicle looks more dim model year by model year. I hope people can get their hands on it and enjoy it and love it.

Last edited:

Obscure_Worship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic

Spoken like someone who already has the car.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Well...

Interesting but they would have to seriously ramp up production in order to hit anything above the 4800 units in the US for 2023.

2023 will likely be available until the end of September, with 2024's starting to roll out in October. Based on the tracker, we're on VIN #1400(s) through the first 5 months (November-March), which is only 280 units per month. Assuming April-September remains (7 months), that would be between 1,960 - 2800 additional units, plus the 1400 already distributed, putting the total between 3400 - 4200, little below the originally anticipated 4800 each year.

Obviously it's wishful thinking for more units which would make the car more accessible and drive down ADMs, I just don't see it. I'm picking mine up next week with a 4k ADM and I'm not thinking twice about it.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Is anyone interested in a Championship White FL5 in Florida for

$5K adm
$149 wheel lock
$639 appearance protection
$639 dent protection

Serious buyer HMU. No fee or anything. Just the favor of calling the salesmen and putting me as a reference. 😎 (Ps I prefer SGP)

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R

$5K adm
$149 wheel lock
$639 dent protection

Serious buyer HMU. No fee or anything. Just the favor of calling the salesmen and putting me as a reference. 😎 (Ps I prefer SGP)
Good luck @Dmorrow . If you choose to pass, you can pass the info to someone else on here.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

$5K adm
$149 wheel lock
$639 dent protection

Need more gents like yourself, $5k over in Florida is a steal!

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
After 9 months of casual searches… then 17 days of SERIOUS searching for a $5k adm FL5 in either Red or SGP..

SGP FL5 reserved for $5K adm. :headbang:

I used to vtec

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Civic SI
You're also the guy that tried selling me (and others) a supposed lead for a lower-ADM car for a grand on here, so it's not terribly surprising you're someone who would want to limit the availability of this car for others to enjoy now that you have one yourself.

Last edited:

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
You're also the guy that tried selling me a supposed lead for a lower-ADM car for a grand on here, so it's not terribly surprising you're someone who would want to limit the availability of this car for others to enjoy now that you have one yourself.
Some were interested, some weren't. Just move on. Instead of obsessing about me and taking potshots, you should focus on securing a car. Keep spending your time calling on these dealers begging them to lower their ADMs and sitting on these waiting lists that will never bear fruit.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Instead of obsessing about me and taking potshots, you should focus on securing a car. Keep spending your time calling on these dealers begging them to lower their ADMs and sitting on these waiting lists that will never bear fruit.
Sheesh man. If the ADM hurt, just say that big dog!

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Everyone that paid $15k-$25k is not recovering that dent. Friendly reminder that it’s only the first year and MSRP-$5k is doable.

it’s just a car. I hope everyone gets it for a realistic price. :thumbsup:
Sponsored