• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
So... The Honda dealer that I've purchased 2 vehicles from in the past and gotten 2 referred customers/family is willing to drop the ADM from $15K to $5K after "making my case to the GM". Its not the color that I want (red/sgp), but $5K. Its only like day 3 of searching for an FL5. You guys think I can wait longer and score the color I prefer?
Red is going to be super hard to come by, Sonic gray will be easier to acquire if you wait. How soon would like the car? IF you don't mind waiting then wait. IF you see one on the street, all that waiting is going out the window I can tell you that much!

Don't go to the AHC Garage meet in Sawgrass this Sunday lol.
Sponsored

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Agree. I’d wait if you don’t “need” the car right away (since selling your Subbie). Check to see if they can trade with another dealership who has red or sgp? Or maybe you can help locate one for them to trade? I think if you do some of the leg work, that’d help matters in your favor. Another option is to take the car now, then trade it for the color you want 6-12 months later, when (hopefully) there are more on the market to choose from. Maybe even trade it back to your Honda dealership. They’d certainly appreciate that.

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
So... The Honda dealer that I've purchased 2 vehicles from in the past and gotten 2 referred customers/family is willing to drop the ADM from $15K to $5K after "making my case to the GM". Its not the color that I want (red/sgp), but $5K. Its only like day 3 of searching for an FL5. You guys think I can wait longer and score the color I prefer?
what color is the one you can get?

Trilly_Loomis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 SGP Passport
What color is it?

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Red is going to be super hard to come by, Sonic gray will be easier to acquire if you wait. How soon would like the car? IF you don't mind waiting then wait. IF you see one on the street, all that waiting is going out the window I can tell you that much!

Don't go to the AHC Garage meet in Sawgrass this Sunday lol.
Yeah I've been crazy for one since I saw the one located at Honda of Aventura. The color was boost blue and I was like mehh, but the curves and everything was nasty! :love:

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Agree. I’d wait if you don’t “need” the car right away (since selling your Subbie). Check to see if they can trade with another dealership who has red or sgp? Or maybe you can help locate one for them to trade? I think if you do some of the leg work, that’d help matters in your favor. Another option is to take the car now, then trade it for the color you want 6-12 months later, when (hopefully) there are more on the market to choose from. Maybe even trade it back to your Honda dealership. They’d certainly appreciate that.
Dealer trades are out of the question unless he finds someone that has bought one in a color they dont want and are willing to trade before delivery. Otherwise, dealers will not trade the CTR.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
If you have a color preference don't settle, ever. You're only setting yourself up for disappointment when you see the color you really wanted in person.

If you want SGP or RR I would wait. At this juncture RR is the rare FL5 color followed by CBP at 7% and 8%, respectively. While the numbers on those cars are low, that may work in your favor as those colors aren't as popular as the others. Small sample size on the forums but most people seem to want CW or BBP.

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Quick question guys. 90% of the Type Rs in Florida on the MotorObsession site just disappeared. I was trying to post a markup at the dealer in Tampa.. And its not listed anymore. But the car is still available. What the heck?

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Did a manual update... maybe the Honda website had a hiccup in returning Florida cars. do you see it now?

CivicR38

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 SGP Type R #4360
Dealer trades are out of the question unless he finds someone that has bought one in a color they dont want and are willing to trade before delivery. Otherwise, dealers will not trade the CTR.
Does Honda produce the same number of each color or are white and BB going to be the 2 primary colors with 2-3x of the cars being those colors over the others?

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
Did a manual update... maybe the Honda website had a hiccup in returning Florida cars. do you see it now?
Its back! Sheesh. Customer Support on FLEEK! lmfao Thank you for everything you do bro!! fellow IT guy here (assuming you're a developer"

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Does Honda produce the same number of each color or are white and BB going to be the 2 primary colors with 2-3x of the cars being those colors over the others?
Nope, the colors with an upcharge are being produced in higher numbers than CBP and RR (greater profit margin at no extra cost.) Correct ,, CW & BBP are going to be the highest produced colors. This decision was based on the success of these colors on the FK8, as soon as BBP and SGP were offered for the FK8, they had the shortest sell-through time of all the colors.

ldentikit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GSXR
At this point unless one falls into my lap I’m thinking of just waiting until the 2024 model. Reading through the “rattles, creaks, squeaks” thread makes me think there’s a lot that can be improved upon.
Sponsored