• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

watchmegrub

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 FL5
Forgot to post earlier - Valley Honda at Monroeville, PA is getting a CWP soon and they are selling at MSRP, no add ons. Contact Kelsey if you are interested. They matched my trade in value within $1k from Carmax appraisal value which was nice. I was doubting even until I signed the paper, but I just bought a CWP CTR at MSRP and no add ons last Saturday (4.5 hour drive one way but worth it). They also magically got the rate of the loan 1% lower than what I got through my bank. I'm not sure if the car is still available as I already posted this on FB earlier but it's worth a shot if anybody is in the market.
It also suggests me that the price is coming down. With little more patience I'm sure most of you can find one at MSRP easily within couple month if not couple weeks.
If only MSRP would happen in Socal 😢
Sponsored

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
there is a CW 2024 FL5 sitting on the lot @ MSRP at #1 Cochran in Johnstown, PA. Goddamnit. Not sure how far away you can come from to buy but I don't think they're strictly local sale only. Ask for Jaden.

When I found out about them being MSRP I got on their list in Nov. I was pretty far down the list and they said they get 1-2 per year so didn't see much hope. I ended up getting my CW '23 for $3k over at a Pittsburgh area dealer around thanksgiving.

And then they call today about that CW '24 coming in. 😂 The buyer backed out and everyone on the list passed! I coulda saved $2k o_O

vote4anh

First Name
Anh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC2R
there is a CW 2024 FL5 sitting on the lot @ MSRP at #1 Cochran in Johnstown, PA. Goddamnit. Not sure how far away you can come from to buy but I don't think they're strictly local sale only. Ask for Jaden.

When I found out about them being MSRP I got on their list in Nov. I was pretty far down the list and they said they get 1-2 per year so didn't see much hope. I ended up getting my CW '23 for $3k over at a Pittsburgh area dealer around thanksgiving.

And then they call today about that CW '24 coming in. 😂 The buyer backed out and everyone on the list passed! I coulda saved $2k o_O
Will always be a deal after our deals. Glad you are enjoying it now!

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR

It’s tough believing dealers when sh!t like this happens. Everyone on the list backed out. Everyone. To top it off, people who were looking for MSRP only deals, no takers.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
It’s tough believing dealers when sh!t like this happens. Everyone on the list backed out. Everyone. To top it off, people who were looking for MSRP only deals, no takers.
The dealership could very well be telling a tale; however, it's not improbable that several people on a waiting list backed out. The cynic in me says that everyone is interested until it's time to pay. But the reality is there are countless reasons individuals pass - not their color of choice, can't get approved for a loan, already secured an FL5, moved on to another car after being scarred by the experience, life events, interest rates and increases to MSRP priced them out, etc.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Agree with @Clark_Kent as Roush Honda here in Ohio has been selling at MSRP since the launch and has consistently burned through around 8 people on their list for each allocation--I asked the manager why that was the case, and he said this car draws all kinds. They've had excited young potential buyers eager to take the car, but unable to get financing/co-signer. They don't organize the list by color preference, so they've had able buyers uninterested in the particular color on hand when their name is reached. They also acknowledge that it's taken a long time from reservation to arrival, and sometimes people have opted for other cars instead.

There are also the cars that are "MSRP" until you get to the table and find they require in-house financing, accessories, add-ons... some dealerships LOVE a last-minute surprise once the consumer feels it's too late to back out.

fredzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sienna, GR86, FL5
For sure man! He said he was shocked and I believe him. I can't think of any reason for him to have given bad info when I got in line. I was either 6th or 7th on the list so not a ton of people passed, but still. At MSRP?

Like others here I'm guessing there were some flakes in that list but passing due to color is legit, I've been there.

TW00Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 S2000, 2023 CTR
The cynic in me says that everyone is interested until it's time to pay.
I guess I’m just a cynic and not that I neglected all the fair and valid points, I just think there are too many big talkers. Alright I’ll be nice and keep to myself on the countless MSRP only posts. 😆

menikmati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX STI, BRZ, FL5
Agree with @Clark_Kent as Roush Honda here in Ohio has been selling at MSRP since the launch and has consistently burned through around 8 people on their list for each allocation--I asked the manager why that was the case, and he said this car draws all kinds. They've had excited young potential buyers eager to take the car, but unable to get financing/co-signer. They don't organize the list by color preference, so they've had able buyers uninterested in the particular color on hand when their name is reached. They also acknowledge that it's taken a long time from reservation to arrival, and sometimes people have opted for other cars instead.
I was 7th on the list and there was one allocation (to my knowledge) before it was my turn. All your points sound valid and would explain how I got bumped up so quickly.

RedRumRedRum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R
Cochran Honda in Youngstown just received a BB and is selling at MSRP with no add-ons

Here is the contact info for the Sales rep, he's a good dude.

Lou Hernandez

330-774-1944
Email : [email protected]

Dream3r

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus ES350 / 24 CBP Type R R-19500
I got my msrp type r no add ons! If you’re close to Cincinnati oh, look up Honda East! Ask for Brady. They got a boost blue coming in!

Officially off the market!!

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tundra, 22 LC500 Inspiration Series, 23 Prius
I was 18th on the list (28th from the beginning sometime in early 2023), got a call from my very helpful SA last week telling me that they changed the rule to prioritize locals and now I'm first on the list, and my CW FL5 is due arrival at the dealership any time soon.

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
I was 18th on the list (28th from the beginning sometime in early 2023), got a call from my very helpful SA last week telling me that they changed the rule to prioritize locals and now I'm first on the list, and my CW FL5 is due arrival at the dealership any time soon.
Great for you, not so great for others who are getting the rug pulled from under them. I'm assuming this is one of the MSRP Carolinas dealers.

devarenacn

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Tundra, 22 LC500 Inspiration Series, 23 Prius
It is,
Great for you, not so great for others who are getting the rug pulled from under them. I'm assuming this is one of the MSRP Carolinas dealers.
It is, not sure about Honda but other brands are now punishing dealers for selling out of state/service area so not sure if that's the drive behind the decision or not.

Shifu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
It is,

It is, not sure about Honda but other brands are now punishing dealers for selling out of state/service area so not sure if that's the drive behind the decision or not.
Which Carolina dealer are you getting it from?
Sponsored