• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
It's functional at speed and on the track, you're not going to notice it day to day even when pushing on. Just curious on people's thoughts anyway - I may do this.

They offered the Accord Type R in the UK with the slimline wing for the same reason, plus the FK8 Type R sportline
Sponsored

Vtextc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000
We need only look at the official reveal and release dates from Honda.
As of today, Honda states Fall for public release, which is when orders will go in. Orders come from allocations from Honda, which happen from actual VINs of manufactured cars (they'd have to be currently in production to make that timeline).
Full swing? Who knows.
Fall release? Absolutely.
Thank you. Can't argue with this logic.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Out of interest, is anyone thinking of removing the rear wing and (possibly) adding the regular civic boot spoiler. Thinking it would be a good sleeper
small.jpg
I don't hate it. Not going to lie though... For the most part my car will stay stock. Though I know I'll hate how cheap the back seat will look... May do something about that.

TomK

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot
Out of interest, is anyone thinking of removing the rear wing and (possibly) adding the regular civic boot spoiler. Thinking it would be a good sleeper
small.jpg
I thought about the HPD rear spoiler…looks like it would potentially mount right where the factory R wing is…

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I thought about the HPD rear spoiler…looks like it would potentially mount right where the factory R wing is…
Not a fan, why plug the holes to put on a duck bill when you can go spoon. Def one of the first mods I'll be doing once spoon releases a FL5 variant.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! FK8_e3_83_aa_e3_82_a2_e3_82_a6_e3_82_a3_e3_83_b3_e3_82_b04

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Not a fan, why plug the holes to put on a duck bill when you can go spoon. Def one of the first mods I'll be doing once spoon releases a FL5 variant.

FK8_e3_83_aa_e3_82_a2_e3_82_a6_e3_82_a3_e3_83_b3_e3_82_b04.jpg
I agree. Will be interesting to see what comes out for it. Definitely like the big wings tho.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350

Looks decent, but i think I'd have to rice up the rest of the car to match (side skirts, lip spoiler, carbon hood, etc.)

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Looks decent, but i think I'd have to rice up the rest of the car to match (side skirts, lip spoiler, carbon hood, etc.)
That wing is like $4k haha, one of the most expensive aftermarket wings money can buy. It's the only piece I would do TBH. Wheels, coilovers, and rest would be power mods for me.

I mainly like the wing cause it reminds me of the GT3 swan neck. Can't shake the euro car fan boy in me lol.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
That wing is like $2k haha, one of the most expensive aftermarket wings money can buy. It's the only piece I would do TBH. Wheels, coilovers, and rest would be power mods for me.
Isn't the Honda OEM carbon wing supposed to cost similarly? I vaguely remember a $2k price point... Either way, not cheap

What color were you planning on getting again?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Isn't the Honda OEM carbon wing supposed to cost similarly? I vaguely remember a $2k price point... Either way, not cheap

What color were you planning on getting again?
Sorry typo ment $4k**

I have a preference of yes, color. Meaning I'll take the car in any damn color I can get it in lol. But I prefer grey or white.

Stick_shifter96

First Name
Shaurya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a FL5

It looks great no doubt. It goes well with the GT3 vibe. But with the mellowed out design of the new CTR, it would probably look a little out of place...
Also, who needs to see out of the rear view mirror anyway 😂

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
It looks great no doubt. It goes well with the GT3 vibe. But with the mellowed out design of the new CTR, it would probably look a little out of place...
Also, who needs to see out of the rear view mirror anyway 😂
I actually think a bit out there of a wing design would complement the more mellow rest of body design in the FL5. I guess time will tell if that assumption is true once we actually see it on car lol. I could be dead wrong. But I'm my head it kinda makes sense?
Sponsored