• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Now we just cross our fingers & toes and hope they have the ability to order specific colors for allocations 😅
honestly...with the way other cars have been going, it might not be a select your own color type deal. i just hope i don't have a sonic come in lol
Sponsored

SwiftTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si
It's interesting that people or using words "order" and "allocation" in similar ways but means completely different systems.

it's either an ordering system, or allocation system. Not both.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
honestly...with the way other cars have been going, it might not be a select your own color type deal. i just hope i don't have a sonic come in lol
your prob right
let's be real though, she's gonna manage to steal our hearts regardless of what color dress she shows up wearing 😍

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
It's interesting that people or using words "order" and "allocation" in similar ways but means completely different systems.

it's either an ordering system, or allocation system. Not both.
I've always used them as I understand them: 'allocation' referring to the ordering system itself and how many they are allocated, 'order' referring to the specific order placed with options, etc.
Ex. A dealer receives 3 allocations for the Type R, then puts in 3 orders for those allocations. 🤔

Last edited:

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350
"You can place your order, but it might not be what you're allocated" is how I've understood the difference.
Ex. dealer orders 6 Type Rs, (one in each color, 2 in white), but they are only allocated 4, with no white one because of whatever.

Reactions: Z3N

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Not in my experience.

Let's say the day for orders comes up. Honda has allocated you 3 CR,-Vs for this order. They suggest you take two blue and a black.

You get to revise those to what you want. Honda may accept it or they may not. I don't want to put a percentage on it because I believe it depends on what the rest of the dealer body is changing. It also depends on what they allow you to order in the first place. (For example they may say No White CRV or 2WD).

In two days you will know what you are getting. So for example Honda's last order to as yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised they accepted some changes we made today.

It is more complicated with a CR-V because there are various models. The Type R which Honda considers it's own separate vehicle from the Civic hatch back is but one model in the states.

For what it is worth.. the vehicles ordered today depending on model will likely get production dates of late October early November. Domestic and HRV (Mexico) production.

The next order is in a month. The Type R is built in Japan. You combine all of that and the vehicle arriving next year isn't that hard to project. Time will tell but you have many factors involved.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Not in my experience.

Let's say the day for orders comes up. Honda has allocated you 3 CR,-Vs for this order. They suggest you take two blue and a black.

You get to revise those to what you want. Honda may accept it or they may not. I don't want to put a percentage on it because I believe it depends on what the rest of the dealer body is changing. It also depends on what they allow you to order in the first place. (For example they may say No White CRV or 2WD).

In two days you will know what you are getting. So for example Honda's last order to as yesterday and I was pleasantly surprised they accepted some changes we made today.

It is more complicated with a CR-V because there are various models. The Type R which Honda considers it's own separate vehicle from the Civic hatch back is but one model in the states.

For what it is worth.. the vehicles ordered today depending on model will likely get production dates of late October early November. Domestic and HRV (Mexico) production.

The next order is in a month. The Type R is built in Japan. You combine all of that and the vehicle arriving next year isn't that hard to project. Time will tell but you have many factors involved.
Good to know and makes sense. 👍

I'm not so sure about your production dates for 1st allocations though...back when my dealer received allocation for their '17 CTR, the manufacture and VIN was already in, meaning the car was already produced, allocated to my dealer, and on its way. I received it about a month later. When orders go in early Sep, this should still be the case. The cars are currently being made meaning production dates are around now, not in Oct/Nov - that's when we receive them.

Toprarnen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IS350

You get to revise those to what you want. Honda may accept it or they may not.
Just to make sure I understand, the simplest way to say this is, Honda tells you that you can order 3 of x car. You can tell them the configuration you'd like, and they may or may not grant it, but you'll almost definitely get 3 of x car. Sound about right?

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Out of interest, is anyone thinking of removing the rear wing and (possibly) adding the regular civic boot spoiler. Thinking it would be a good sleeper
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! small

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Out of interest, is anyone thinking of removing the rear wing and (possibly) adding the regular civic boot spoiler. Thinking it would be a good sleeper
small.jpg
Looks decent but I prefer the full wing myself. I like the way it visually balances out the fastback end of the design.

Last edited:

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5

I'm not so sure about your production dates for 1st allocations though...back when my dealer received allocation for their '17 CTR, the manufacture and VIN was already in, meaning the car was already produced, allocated to my dealer, and on its way. I received it about a month later. When orders go in early Sep, this should still be the case. The cars are currently being made meaning production dates are around now, not in Oct/Nov - that's when we receive them.
I would have to just trust that then. I didn't have an interest in buying back then.

My experience are on orders is after 2017 MY.

Last edited:

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
small.jpg
I think that would look pretty good, although I dont think itd cover the holes made by the OG wing.

Vtextc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda S2000

Besides the units we have seen "spotted" in various locales and on different continents, can we confirm with certainty that FL5 Type R production is actually in full swing? I.E is it possible that the cars we have seen are pre-production models and that the assembly line for the Type R hasn't started producing consumer models yet?

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
small.jpg
HELLLLLLL NO. Why would you remove a functional wing? Especially one that looks as good as it does.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
Besides the units we have seen "spotted" in various locales and on different continents, can we confirm with certainty that FL5 Type R production is actually in full swing? I.E is it possible that the cars we have seen are pre-production models and that the assembly line for the Type R hasn't started producing consumer models yet?
We need only look at the official reveal and release dates from Honda.
As of today, Honda states Fall for public release, which is when orders will go in. Orders come from allocations from Honda, which happen from actual VINs of manufactured cars (they'd have to be currently in production to make that timeline).
Full swing? Who knows.
Fall release? Absolutely.
Sponsored