• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Been dreaming of a type R for the last 4 years, especially after feeling underwhelmed with the new wrx reveal. I called about 10 dealerships around the Chicagoland area. Half said they wouldn't take reservations and didn't know if or when they would get a ctr. The rest said they didn't know when but would add a 5-10k market adjustment. Finally found a dealership in countryside taking deposits and making a list. Placed my deposit today, number 3 in line. They said October is an estimate but they really don't know as it supposedly isn't being produced yet. MSRP+ 2500$ In dealer add ons like wheel locks and ceramic coating. Not ideal, but not terribly far for me and somewhat reasonable. Good luck and happy hunting. Now we wait.

I'm not even willing to do that. I'll show up the day the trucks arrives. Car does even need PDI.

If I can't get MSRP I'm moving on to my 2nd choice.
Sponsored

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
I'm not even willing to do that. I'll show up the day the trucks arrives. Car does even need PDI.

If I can't get MSRP I'm moving on to my 2nd choice.
Good luck w that, those suckers will be sold WAY before the truck arrives if the dealer is letting them go at MSRP. The only way they're still available on Day 1 is if there's a huge mark up.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Good luck w that, those suckers will be sold WAY before the truck arrives if the dealer is letting them go at MSRP. The only way they're still available on Day 1 is if there's a huge mark up.

Bought my 2020 this way, just takes some work.

Leonidas I

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic HBS, 22 Civic HB ST
Been dreaming of a type R for the last 4 years, especially after feeling underwhelmed with the new wrx reveal. I called about 10 dealerships around the Chicagoland area. Half said they wouldn't take reservations and didn't know if or when they would get a ctr. The rest said they didn't know when but would add a 5-10k market adjustment. Finally found a dealership in countryside taking deposits and making a list. Placed my deposit today, number 3 in line. They said October is an estimate but they really don't know as it supposedly isn't being produced yet. MSRP+ 2500$ In dealer add ons like wheel locks and ceramic coating. Not ideal, but not terribly far for me and somewhat reasonable. Good luck and happy hunting. Now we wait.
Did you talk to Valley Honda? @DominicHonda is helping me get my 22 ST right now.

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
Well, I'm jumping in line. Putting a deposit down with a dealer in Hamilton, Ontario (Sterling Honda). I'm told I'm second in line. Dealer expects 2 or 3 cars allocated from Honda Canada. Planning to trade in my 2019 Accord 2.0T (6sp). Looking forward to a bit more power, a LSD, and the hatch! The Accord is a great car though, I will miss it.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
once the chip shortage gets sorted out, I'm sure you'll see faster supply of cars since they'll be built in Ohio.

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
Well, I'm jumping in line. Putting a deposit down with a dealer in Hamilton, Ontario (Sterling Honda). I'm told I'm second in line. Dealer expects 2 or 3 cars allocated from Honda Canada. Planning to trade in my 2019 Accord 2.0T (6sp). Looking forward to a bit more power, a LSD, and the hatch! The Accord is a great car though, I will miss it.
3 Hamilton orders on here now, meetup is growing by the day. Congrats!

WPG-YYZ

First Name
Zheng
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 BMW 740Le
For those of you in Canada and put down a deposit. Was it MSRP? Any additional dealer fees?

HawaiiPunch

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Elantra N
For those of you in Canada and put down a deposit. Was it MSRP? Any additional dealer fees?
Just put the deposit down, and they put an order into their system to be filled when it’s available. I asked about pricing and was told that they aren’t allowed to sell over MSRP. I was given a small discount on a previous order of an FK8 at the beginning of this year (was unable to secure one before production ended), and was told it would likely be the same for the 2023.

turbomike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Honda Canda - West, the track, not in your DMs
Vehicle(s)
23 FL5 CTR, 22 MDX-S, 20 FK8 CTR
I'm probably the first two in Canada LOL since I placed a deposit a while ago. Got it in writting that the deal is subject to pricing (msrp, block heater, tint (I get a wicked deal on tint/3m), sales tax) nothing else. I'll just have to choose my dealer of choice for delivery

I'm also going back and forth with Honda USA to see if I can get it shipped down there within the first year to take a rip at either laguna or buttonwillow just to see what I am working with and start building

notthatlargo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Type R
I was also told by the rep I have worked with for a few years that they sell at MSRP. Of course the devil is in the details, but we'll see what the final pricing and financing rates look like when the time comes. They took my colour preference and a deposit ($1k), but that's it at this point.

CHCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Anyone in north California has put down a deposit? Which dealer and is it MSRP?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Anyone in north California has put down a deposit? Which dealer and is it MSRP?

I'd bet a large sum not a single dealer in CA will sell at MSRP. You'll have to buy out of state and drive it back or ship it.
Sponsored