• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Jwc413

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
I just remember it well as he drove it straight to my house from the dealer and let me drive it. That is what sold me on getting one.
He could’ve put a deposit on one that had an allocation though. All I’m saying is I’ve called multiple dealers and got the same answer from everyone.
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah, people always come out of the woodwork with these stories about putting deposits down on the 2017 or whatever. I’m not saying rare instances don’t happen, but like everyone posted before me, it is very rare. I have called 30 dealerships across my area, and every single one said literally the same thing. And to some peoples points, I’m sorry, I just don’t put faith in, “They put me on a list”. If the dealer hasn’t linked you to a VIN allocation, it’s nothing more than their word, and I can’t say I have a lot of faith in that.
For 99.9% of us, it’s gonna come down to waiting until dealerships start getting allocations, and hoping we can find one willing to sell somewhat close to MSRP, and I think that’s gonna take some real leg work.

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
To get my 2020 for MSRP I just massed emailed every dealer with 10-12 hours of driving asking if they had stock and what they were selling it for. I drove 10 hours to the first dealer who responded with MSRP.

I have since switch companies and I now fly for free so when the 2023's hit I will open my search to upper 48 states.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack
To get my 2020 for MSRP I just massed emailed every dealer with 10-12 hours of driving asking if they had stock and what they were selling it for. I drove 10 hours to the first dealer who responded with MSRP.

I have since switch companies and I now fly for free so when the 2023's hit I will open my search to upper 48 states.
I did something similar at the start of the pandemic with my M2C. Granted, that wasn’t when it launched and car prices weren’t soaring, but it still wasn’t easy to find an allocation for. I literally mass emailed a shit ton of BMW dealerships nationwide and flat out asked if they can beat $X price.

As soon as one of them said yes and wanted to start on the paperwork, I would email a shit ton of others asking them the same thing, but at a lower price point.

Rinse and repeat until I got 9.5% off sticker. Shipping cars has gotten easy and cheap. It’s like $1k on average. There’s no reason to limit oneself to a particular area. With the way the market looks today, any shipping fees can be more than offset by the deal you lock in.

And while on the topic of markups and waiting lists, I know that most Toyota dealers are charging extra for the new GR86. However, you can definitely find some that aren’t. I know this for a fact. You just have to search.

Believe it or not, there are dealerships in the US who don’t charge markups because they’re against it. They have actual waiting lists that they honor. You just have to wait. Obviously they’re in the minority, but they’d rather gain a customer for life at MSRP vs a one time sale at markup. That’s how relationships are built.

I will never purchase another BMW from anyone else after receiving the deal that I did. Literally nobody I’ve talked to could match it at the time.

My advice to enthusiasts: don’t let dealerships play you. Play them instead. Patience is key. Emotion is a money killer in all aspects of life. If suckers are willing to pay insane markups, let them.

Last edited:

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
Yeah, people always come out of the woodwork with these stories about putting deposits down on the 2017 or whatever. I’m not saying rare instances don’t happen, but like everyone posted before me, it is very rare. I have called 30 dealerships across my area, and every single one said literally the same thing. And to some peoples points, I’m sorry, I just don’t put faith in, “They put me on a list”. If the dealer hasn’t linked you to a VIN allocation, it’s nothing more than their word, and I can’t say I have a lot of faith in that.
For 99.9% of us, it’s gonna come down to waiting until dealerships start getting allocations, and hoping we can find one willing to sell somewhat close to MSRP, and I think that’s gonna take some real leg work.
Not sure what you mean, at the first dealship I went to, I took delivery of my 2023 CTR couple weeks ago for $15k under MRSP, they did a straight up trade for my 2020si, so I owe nothing. This is normal.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
This is going off the rails ?

Jwc413

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Not sure what you mean, at the first dealship I went to, I took delivery of my 2023 CTR couple weeks ago for $15k under MRSP, they did a straight up trade for my 2020si, so I owe nothing. This is normal.
what’s up with all the capping in this thread

Jabberwocker

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GRolla CE/Taco/Pilot
what’s up with all the capping in this thread

Typical internet trolling.
I figured the part with me already taking delivery of as of yet unreleased/not yet fully revealed 2023 Type R would probably be a red flag that I was being sarcastic and I was agreeing with the above poster I quoted.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I figured the part with me already taking delivery of as of yet unreleased/not yet fully revealed 2023 Type R would probably be a red flag that I was being sarcastic and I was agreeing with the above poster I quoted.
Some people don’t pick up on satire.