• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Village911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 #839
Its amazing all the posters pumping other cars and bitching about issues the week of the release, lol.

M2 is $80k after tax / fees and is a completely different type of car meeting a completely different want. Nobody here really cares - keep it to the beemer feed.
let them hype on other cars, we get less competitors šŸ˜˜
Sponsored

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Its amazing all the posters pumping other cars and bitching about issues the week of the release, lol.

M2 is $80k after tax / fees and is a completely different type of car meeting a completely different want. Nobody here really cares - keep it to the beemer feed.
M2 is not the same price as an M3. MSRP was 61k new and thats legit with no markup happening at dealers. The M2 CS which is basically their limited edition did go for 80k. I'm not getting paid to advertise Honda.

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
Any ideas on what the M2 Comp will be like and cost? I've seen spy shots and its looks really badass
Last one was 61k and had no options to add anything on. Now yes used the value went through the roof. But it'd probably be around the same price. Remember the m3 is 80k, the M240i is 57k it has to be closer to the 240i not the M3 cause then no one would buy it.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Last one was 61k and had no options to add anything on. Now yes used the value went through the roof. But it'd probably be around the same price. Remember the m3 is 80k, the M240i is 57k it has to be closer to the 240i not the M3 cause then no one would buy it.
before the pandemic? yeh. right now a used M2C is going for about mid 60's for a decent one. The new one will def get a price bump and optioned, yeh it won't be less than 70, most likely 80k with carbon seats. M3's here in the DC area are optioned to 100k.

mbaapk

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pacifica
before the pandemic? yeh. right now a used M2C is going for about mid 60's for a decent one. The new one will def get a price bump and optioned, yeh it won't be less than 70, most likely 80k with carbon seats. M3's here in the DC area are optioned to 100k.
Before tax, title and licenseā€¦

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boost Blue FK8
In 2021 when I was buying my FK8 Park Ave BMW had 2 M2 Comps one at 61k one at 63k. The price for the used is up because the draw of the car and there are no new available same with the price of the used FK8s. By me in NJ I have two M3s one at 73k and the other at 84k but thatā€™s the comp

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
All the comps i've seen in this area are 90k and up, some of them are even over 100grand. I know the people that drive these are eyeball deep in debt, faking it. You gotta make least 250k a year to afford m3 and still pay the rent in this area.

mpneda

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WRX STI
I know we are still months away but has anyone talked to their dealer about getting the new Type R?
I live in the San Fernando valley and I talked to a dealer and they werenā€™t taking any because they do not have the VIN yet but I will be going in person to talk ab any updates and Iā€™ll let you guys know.

Lamotrigine

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8
Very happy and jealous many of you can afford the new CTR. Just turned 25 and have been saving up since graduated from uni, but had to lend all my savings to my parents for family issues. Otherwise should have plenty of extra headroom for the new CTR. Mom said she would give them back asap but she stop mentioning this matter recently so I assume she wonā€™t be giving me back the money lol. I donā€™t even know if I can save up quick again quick enough before it ends production or fully allocated lol.

MrBunster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Subaru Forester; '22 Nissan Pathfinder
First post on the website. I made a $500 refundable deposit this week on a '23 Type R at Apple Tree Honda in Fletcher, NC. I have seen this dealer mentioned in this thread. I spoke to JR, who mentioned that they do not yet know how they will price the vehicle, but they have not previously had ADMs on Type R's, and he only mentioned a $350 dealer-installed package.

He also mentioned that, to his knowledge, I am the only one on the waitlist at this dealer, which is dubious since I have seen it mentioned several times here. Is anyone else on the list there? Thanks!

Mavis_6963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini
Very happy and jealous many of you can afford the new CTR. Just turned 25 and have been saving up since graduated from uni, but had to lend all my savings to my parents for family issues. Otherwise should have plenty of extra headroom for the new CTR. Mom said she would give them back asap but she stop mentioning this matter recently so I assume she wonā€™t be giving me back the money lol. I donā€™t even know if I can save up quick again quick enough before it ends production or fully allocated lol.
No, you did the right thing. I would do the same thing if I was you. My partner just sold her beloved JCW for a business truck and hopefully will get it back once her company went successful. And I just promise her I will sell the CTR (if I got it) to fund out first house whenever it is necessary. At the end, car is just a debt.

Salespunk

First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, Ram 2500, 328 Wagon
All the comps i've seen in this area are 90k and up, some of them are even over 100grand. I know the people that drive these are eyeball deep in debt, faking it. You gotta make least 250k a year to afford m3 and still pay the rent in this area.
You shouldn't make so many generalizations. Former G80 owner and wasn't/am not up to my eyeballs in debt. Sold it to a friend who paid cash for it as well. Yes there are people that stretch to get an M3, but there are people that stretch to get a CTR as well.

Back on topic, I am planning on waiting until the hype dies down a little. Lots of hot hatches coming out at the same time like the Corolla, etc. Market may look very different this time next year, especially with the current Macro environment.
Sponsored