• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

MrBunster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Subaru Forester; '22 Nissan Pathfinder
Thanks for following up. Between that and the other guy in this thread saying there was a larger mandatory add-on package than what you were told, I'm not hopeful.
Well, I called back again. Spoke to Jamie, who is the sales associate I spoke to earlier this AM. He said indeed they are not yet taking deposits, however they will at a future date. Apparently the first sales associate I spoke to earlier this week (JR) who said he was going to run my card later sent an email that went to my spam folder explaining the same. Jamie said multiple people called this AM asking to place a deposit, so I wonder if that was a result of this thread. Jamie also said he would call or email me when they do begin taking deposits and know approximate pricing (as soon as next week). No comments on pricing, ADM, mandatory dealer packages. Hope this helps!

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si sedan
Well, I called back again. Spoke to Jamie, who is the sales associate I spoke to earlier this AM. He said indeed they are not yet taking deposits, however they will at a future date. Apparently the first sales associate I spoke to earlier this week (JR) who said he was going to run my card later sent an email that went to my spam folder explaining the same. Jamie said multiple people called this AM asking to place a deposit, so I wonder if that was a result of this thread. Jamie also said he would call or email me when they do begin taking deposits and know approximate pricing (as soon as next week). No comments on pricing, ADM, mandatory dealer packages. Hope this helps!
Gotcha, I didn't get the guys name of who I spoke with, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Jamie. He said they didn't markup FK8s, they got a few each year and even a LE. I'm still not holding my breath, but we'll see.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si sedan
What kind of add ons do you think they will be?
It's typically things like accessories (floor mats, cargo mats, etc) and then dealer add-ons like tint, exterior and interior "protection", etc. All overpriced.

MrBunster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Subaru Forester; '22 Nissan Pathfinder
Gotcha, I didn't get the guys name of who I spoke with, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Jamie. He said they didn't markup FK8s, they got a few each year and even a LE. I'm still not holding my breath, but we'll see.
If he spoke unusually fast, it was Jamie. Also, the email from JR I referenced did say there would be an ADM, but to be determined. My mistake.

FLRib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Your dealer expects the FL5 to be over £50k (€60k)!? That is 38% more expensive than the FK8 and brings it to the same price level as an M2!
I think this would be miles over the budget of many and I seriously doubt Honda would do that.
TBH I know nothing about Portugal's car market but do you have any markup things like in the US?
Last year, the price for the FK8 LE was 60k euros.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
It's typically things like accessories (floor mats, cargo mats, etc) and then dealer add-ons like tint, exterior and interior "protection", etc. All overpriced.
I don’t mind floor mats, or even tint, but I will do whatever it takes to prevent them from putting any protection or those door jam protectors etc. I hate all that stuff.

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Unless im mistaken, original thought is that appreciation is a dual benefit of ownership, making the stretch to purchase more justifiable rather than banking the car to retire…

if you daily drive it, itll never appreciate. I personally planning to drive the shit out of it. Besides who knows the value of these things in the future. Just buy it an enjoy it. I can say for certain, it'll never be a NSX or a Supra.

arbies

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BB Type-R
I talked to a salesman at First Texas Honda, and he said that they're not taking deposits yet, because they don't have much info about the 2023 Type-R beyond what the public already knows (or so he claims). He did say they should have more info after the unveiling on the 20th, and they will be adding a $10K mark-up.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Checked with a dealer principal in the UK, it's not on the internal system yet, no chassis codes, nothing.

If you put money on one or get on a list it's unofficial, you're entering into a private agreement with the dealership, who know nothing about the car or allocations.

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I talked to a salesman at First Texas Honda, and he said that they're not taking deposits yet, because they don't have much info about the 2023 Type-R beyond what the public already knows (or so he claims). He did say they should have more info after the unveiling on the 20th, and they will be adding a $10K mark-up.
Sounds the same for all the Dallas area dealerships too.

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Put a deposit down at my local dealer for $2,000 markup and $1,300 mandatory warranty package back in April. 2nd deposit at the dealership 🤘🏽
Sponsored