• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
I asked! And was refused. Haha
Because it's weird.

It doesn't have a good vibe to it.

Hard to image a good dealership with a good relationship with a customer that would accept it.

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
That's 100% how it works when you have connections and have already purchased multiple cars from the same dealer in the past.
If you have the right connections you could've walked in with $5 instead of $30,000 and still get that "first in line" place. Still has nothing to do with the deposit amount.

If anything most dealerships probably prefer inhouse financing over a cash purchase since it means plenty of interest, or better yet, a nice short lease so they can cash in on the lease, then cash in again as a CPO sale.

encarnacionb

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra, Integra
Sitting here eating my lunch and mulling over how long I'm going to have to wait for my car to arrive after placing my deposit down today, nevermind the 30 some odd people that I just skipped in line because they all had $500 deposit to buy a spot on the list and I came with $30k to buy a car.
I want to be like this guy when I grow up.

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
means nothing without a VIN, the dealer will happily hold your cash though in their account haha

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Let’s all be real, weather what he did is real or pans out, that’s all irrelevant. He literally posted that statement just to brag and get a rise out of people. Some people need acknowledgment from others to feel good.

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Let’s all be real, weather what he did is real or pans out, that’s all irrelevant. He literally posted that statement just to brag and get a rise out of people. Some people need acknowledgment from others to feel good.
I mean even if it doesn't pan out...there's other awesome cars out there to buy. Namely an EK9, NA2, maybe even a BNR32 or 33. I chose to pursue this one first because I miss my FK8.

Type_RawR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 #14116 / 2008 FG2
Did you commit to a 60k sales price? Says you’ll still owe 30k
Nope the negative number represents the down payment after the paperwork fees -29,359 off of MSRP. I was confused by it at first as well like bruh the car ain't worth $60k at all lol. The price is going to go up anyways once my order is placed because I'm adding the carbon spoiler, the puddle lights, the wireless charger and I asked for a quote on the rust prevention treatment because I live in a rust belt state.

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
The salt is real.

PXL_20220805_232900059~2.jpg
You've been seriously conned out of your hard earned cash. You still have no guarantee that you'll get one and they get to sit on your money.

If you had real connections they'd never in a million years accept this. I've bought Honda's before, am friends with the dealer principle and am #1 on the list with zero deposit. That's how connections work 😉
Sponsored