• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Calling all Canadian!!!! Emergency!!!

My connection said news has broken at the dealership network, lottery system for Type R ONLY!!

He said 75% to existing type r owner then rest split between civic owner and new ppl.

Dealerships refunding deposits, please call you dealerships if you have deposits in and confirm. I'm going to message my people now.
I understand why they're doing this but it's literally going to fuck up my dreams of owning the only car I think has no compromises. I've had my deposit down since Sept last year. I've had to avoid buying another car the whole time to wait just for this car as my wife and I are getting pulled back into the office again.

I don't understand why it has to be split up that way. I had a Type-r swap, not a type r, and now suddenly I'm not worthy.

Which province are you btw? Guessing this is Canada wide but looking for glimmers of hope.
Sponsored

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
I understand why they're doing this but it's literally going to fuck up my dreams of owning the only car I think has no compromises. I've had my deposit down since Sept last year. I've had to avoid buying another car the whole time to wait just for this car as my wife and I are getting pulled back into the office again.

I don't understand why it has to be split up that way. I had a Type-r swap, not a type r, and now suddenly I'm not worthy.

Which province are you btw? Guessing this is Canada wide but looking for glimmers of hope.
Ontario, GTA and IF this is true, it's canada wide. I'm still waiting to hear confirmation. One of my deposits confirmed its true (midtown honda). Waiting for 2 others to confirm.

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
The dealership with my deposit just contacted me and they are saying more details should be available October 6th and that deposits currently made will be entered in the order they received them.

So this is reminiscent months back where there was mention that a portal directly through Honda Canada was needed to place a deposit.

Just more sitting and waiting I guess.

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
The dealership with my deposit just contacted me and they are saying more details should be available October 6th and that deposits currently made will be entered in the order they received them.

So this is reminiscent months back where there was mention that a portal directly through Honda Canada was needed to place a deposit.

Interesting they gave a date for more information, seems like it is directly going to Honda Canada.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV

So which is it this or some lottery system? Seems likes someone is getting fed some B's somewhere

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
Well this will sour me right the fuck out of Honda for life if I get screwed by this launch. I’ve had my money down since January.

I guess I’ll be putting a deposit on a Golf R on Monday.
Same dude I've been patiently waiting since May. If this is the case this will be the last Honda/Acura product we buy after owning 5

onepointsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 TW FG2
I'm just going to wait to hear back from the dealership this week. While all this might be true... I'd rather hear it from the source and then go put a deposit on a Golf R

DeSanke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Time for new one
So which is it this or some lottery system? Seems likes someone is getting fed some B's somewhere
Indeed, just want to find out a concrete and standardized answer.

Should a lottery system be true, does that mean Honda Canada will have a dedicated page for “ordering” that will sell out of allocations in 3 minutes or less?

RoidRage

First Name
NA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Car
Indeed, just want to find out a concrete and standardized answer.

Should a lottery system be true, does that mean Honda Canada will have a dedicated page for “ordering” that will sell out of allocations in 3 minutes or less?
That's how the FK8 LE was.

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
If the numbers are as limited as we all expect for Canada it makes sense to do the lottery system. The dealers aren't allowed to charge mark-ups so how else do you deal with the crazy high demand with low stock?

Down here in the states you just pay more. Sucks but that's capitalism.

ILX6SPEED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura ILX 2.4, CRV
If the numbers are as limited as we all expect for Canada it makes sense to do the lottery system. The dealers aren't allowed to charge mark-ups so how else do you deal with the crazy high demand with low stock?

Down here in the states you just pay more. Sucks but that's capitalism.
That's what the lists were for lol like any other car. Honda making a mistake here if they go to lottery, alot of true Honda fans are gonna get screwed

typeR4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do sneakers count if I put wheels on them?
Ontario, GTA and IF this is true, it's canada wide. I'm still waiting to hear confirmation. One of my deposits confirmed its true (midtown honda). Waiting for 2 others to confirm.
Thanks for the info. I'm GTA as well. Still hoping for a miracle but I'm honestly spiralling down right now. I've literally just gone over the list of all used manual cars online to see what else I might be interested in. I might have to toy with an older dream of a 2007/2008 Audi RS4. Not going to handle nearly as well in stock form but will be fun in winter and it's all motor.

What I've also noticed is at least half of used WRX STI on the market had an engine replacement well before 200,000km. I also recall I couldn't deal with the interior quality at the auto show around 10 years ago.

I mean if I had another car I could try again each year and wait but I don't. Trying to buy a cheap beater so I can wait today is just stupid expensive it seems.
Sponsored