• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Gillie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP FL5
the car actually showed up yesterday around noon. :banghead: ; So I actually wanted the car yesterday and rush over immediately, but my sales said his guys can't get to the PDI till today...which coincidently, along with yesterday, were his days off. I think he, my salesmen, just wanted to personally deliver the car, and that's probably why I was asked to wait till tomorrow?

Anyways, I have to find a way to fit (4) forged wheels and a wing in the back (with seats folded down). His tech said no way they will fit...

I'll bring my tablet and try to post when I get there. :dance:
Sweet! Would you be willing to share your thoughts when you get it? I know we got a review from another poster but it would be cool to get a perspective from a FK8 owner.
Sponsored

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
the car actually showed up yesterday around noon. :banghead: ; So I actually wanted the car yesterday and rush over immediately, but my sales said his guys can't get to the PDI till today...which coincidently, along with yesterday, were his days off. I think he, my salesmen, just wanted to personally deliver the car, and that's probably why I was asked to wait till tomorrow?

Anyways, I have to find a way to fit (4) forged wheels and a wing in the back (with seats folded down). His tech said no way they will fit...

I'll bring my tablet and try to post when I get there. :dance:
4 wheels will definitely fit in it. The wing is gonna be the problem. Can't leave it with them til you're ready to install?

ssheff55

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Have you thought of getting there earlier than you promised and go through PDI together with your dealer? Because I want to be there so they promised me that I will be the driver when Honda is filling the gas tank lol
What’s PDI? Obviously something to do with dealer inspection I assume? Will dealers typically wait on the customer? I also want to be the first to drive my car.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
What’s PDI? Obviously something to do with dealer inspection I assume? Will dealers typically wait on the customer? I also want to be the first to drive my car.
Pre-delivery Inspection, @tuhroo posted the list of what they do and check when a dealership gets Type R.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 #1348 (Sold), FL5 #682
Sweet! Would you be willing to share your thoughts when you get it? I know we got a review from another poster but it would be cool to get a perspective from a FK8 owner.
Will definitely share my thoughts and felling for sure

4 wheels will definitely fit in it. The wing is gonna be the problem. Can't leave it with them til you're ready to install?
Just reason for me to drive the FL5 more :)
I'll go back for 2nd trip :thumbsup:

PDI is pre-deliver inspection...I think these guys/honda tech have to follow proper Honda procedures.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR
Nice. Hard to keep up on here at this point lol. Any chance they wait in the customer to do it?
Normally No, but when it comes to the Type r dealerships will make exceptions, especially if they've been sold before they touched down.

TimeRacer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Prelude
Just took a look at this one today

10k mark up + about 5k in accessory’s wouldn’t budge

think the badge was 661 kinda forgot
Looks like Fremont, they gave me a 2nd call back yesterday after everyone on their list passed at their $10k ADM + $4k accessories and wanted me to come in. They're holding firm to their markup price but were willing to drop some of the not yet installed accessories (all overpriced) as when I got there they just started to apply the tint. I didn't double check once installed but it was weird seeing the installer soaping up the outside of the rear hatch glass prior to install (car was fresh off the truck and wasn't washed) and was kinda sad as I was there when the window sticker was coming off, just fingers under it hence the really rough edges instead of a razor. It was #649 I think, definitely 600's.

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Update for yah Gents; Type R's have started to get arrival dates, and more are still being added. If your car was pending it will get an arrival date in a day or 2
which areas are you seeing the delivery dates update?

tuhroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK8, 13 ISF, 95 K20 EG8, 98 ITR, 95 EG8, 23 FL5
Was told today my wheels should ship mid-January

hopefully the east coast gets their cars before then lol

CyberCTR

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSX Type S, '23 RR Type-R #929
Pretty much everywhere that got 4 or more Type R's have a couple that received an actual ETA.
Most common ETA being 11/07
Is there a way we can see the updated dates?