• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
At this point unless one falls into my lap I’m thinking of just waiting until the 2024 model. Reading through the “rattles, creaks, squeaks” thread makes me think there’s a lot that can be improved upon.
I would dissuade you from thinking all will be resolved in the next MY or the MY after that. You will potentially deal with rattles, creaks, and squeaks irrespective of MY or even brand for that matter. I've experienced rattles, creaks, and squeaks in mundane commuter cars that cost just over $20K and luxury or sports cars that cost well over $100K.

FWIW, nothing to report so far on my FL5. I don't have enough miles on it to serve as a legitimate data point but I'll be sure to contribute to the thread if something comes up.

ldentikit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GSXR
I would dissuade you from thinking all will be resolved in the next MY or the MY after that. You will potentially deal with rattles, creaks, and squeaks irrespective of MY or even brand for that matter. I've experienced rattles, creaks, and squeaks in mundane commuter cars that cost just over $20K and luxury or sports cars that cost well over $100K.

FWIW, nothing to report so far on my FL5. I don't have enough miles on it to serve as a legitimate data point but I'll be sure to contribute to the thread if something comes up.
Yeah I’m sure it’s to be expected to some degree with most every car but supposedly there’s talk of recalls happening in the near future.

Also, the infotainment center seems to have a number of problems which for me might be an even bigger issue than the rattles and squeaks. I have little patience for laggy and faulty electronics.

TypeRD

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I agree with @Clark_Kent . I wouldn’t let minor, fixable, squeaks and rattles, posted by a relatively small number of people, dissuade you from getting a car.

What’s funny and weird to me are the folks still badly wanting a Ford Focus RS, despite the known issue that it blows head gaskets! 🤣 Stuff like THAT should dissuade you from buying a performance car.

I would expect there to be firmware updates to address the infotainment system problems. Note, I have had zero issues so far, but also need more driving time. I’ll post at the first sign of a problem.

AspecR

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 CTR

2000 miles on my car, I haven't had the squeaks and rattles that ppl are complaining about in that thread. Feels solid as a rock to me, plus one model year really won't resolve any inherent issues unless Honda puts out some kind of TSB.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
For those of you who may have seen the prices of used cars doing a blip up... the dealers usually expect increased activity during tax season when the rebates hit. so, that may be why. however, i just saw a couple of reports saying that the number of ppl buying used cars this time has been down from prev years, so they are saying to sell now if you have good offers. NOTE - THIS IS NOT a recommendation either way... just passing the info. do your research and decide for yourself.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Another indicator that makes me think the members on here in general have been doing reasonably well either getting a car or getting on a good list, is how quiet this waitlist thread is becoming. Now, i'm not saying that all is well "in kansas, toto"... but, it feels fairly positive that so much talk has migrated to ownership threads rather than hoping-we-get-one threads. It would be great if all those who have been trying hard for months already will get theirs.

This thread here on this forum is what helped me not only feel confident about what kind of deal i was making to get the car... but it got me through the emotions of my wait -- all the way through about 7 months of waiting during plant slow-downs, holidays, and transport concerns for my car to be delivered to my dealer. This thread is a part of the history of my car. Hope others got the same value out of this.

For anyone new who lands on this thread, there are a lot of really valuable discussions that you can discover... enjoy!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
If you're not in Kentucky and would be willing to travel...
There's a guy who posted on here with a link to his video on YT, and now i can't find the post, but i did watch his 2 videos. He mentioned that he was first on the list for a car at a dealership in KY, but that dealer hasn't YET gotten any allocations and he was concerned the dealer may never get one. So, he ended up getting his car somewhere else. That means he gave up his spot.

Edit - UPDATE - I found and asked him if he has passed the baton to another member here... and while he let some people know he had left the list, there was no direct replacement for 1st position.

But, when i mentioned it to someone else on here, they said that they had also been on that list and ended up getting a car elsewhere. So, who knows how many people on that dealer's list are no longer waiting for a car... so, if you are still trying to get one, you should think about getting on their list for when/if they get a car (be aware) a car that may never materialize. But if it does happen...
Here is the dealership:
Honda World
502-499-5040
1 Swope Auto Center
Louisville, KY 40299

https://www.louisvillehondaworld.com

Here is the OP's youtube channel -- if nothing else, his CTR videos are interesting and i'm sure he would love to have views...

https://www.youtube.com/@turbo_tin

Last edited:

ELIAS64

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23’ Type R
If anyone is interested and looking for a Championship White FL5 Type-R Honda of Escondido (North County San Diego) just received one and are doing 10K over (possibly negotiable). Call Tony or Alberto (760)737-3245 if interested, Call between 9AM-8PM or Email: [email protected]
We love to see it

Clark_Kent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5 Civic Type R
Type R in Escondido has sold for $10k ovrr
Thanks for sharing. Here we are in month six and ADMs still remain relatively high. I understand California and maybe Florida are outliers; however, I would venture to say the average ADM is still high at ~$8k-$10k.