• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
Called alot of out of state dealers before release starting with neighboring states and expanding outward. I figured this dealer was offering the best deal at the time for me so I gave them a $500 deposit for $2k adm.

But seeing how some small dealers, including mine, have only gotten 1 or none so far, I don't plan on taking my chances for too too long.
I hear yah... i have found the smaller dealers can be excellent. If you stay in touch with them and you have a good salesperson, it can work well. I had to order and sit for both my CTR and Subaru. Thankfully, they both held to their deals. But, both were local to me. Good luck!
Sponsored

STEye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW CTR FL5
I've wanted this car really bad since the reveal. I've had a deposit for $5k over MSRP for 11 months. Dealer screwed me a month ago by not selling me the car that was supposed to be mine. I had already made up my mind that I would wait for the '24s however I sent an inquiry to a different dealer on a whim. Was contacted the next day and their pricing was $20k over. I told them I had a deposit for $5k over and after speaking to the manager they matched it. I should be picking it up in 9 hours barring any issues!

In the past year I have called over 250 dealers on the east coast. I have two deposits (for $5k over) waiting for allocation all this time and here we are...

Wish me luck!
*Update*
I drove to the dealer which is about an hour away. Car looked good, but upon close inspection I noticed there was a very small ding in the door. Me being very particular about cars I almost decided to walk away. My better half smacked some sense into me and I ended up giving me $100 to get it PDR'd. This is a nice car. Reminds me of the race car feel that was in my '05 Subaru STI.

Is +R rough? yeah but not too crazy. Rough to me is having a set of Tein Flex coilovers with stiff swaybars on my old STI. :D

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! PXL_20230826_153032879

TypeRGirl

First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5, na 88 RX7
Anybody interested in a CW FL5 for 5k markup (not sure of any added on accessories). I said I’ll spread the word, just let him know you heard about it from me.

Ask for Stephen Ellis at AutoNation Honda Columbus GA.

Best of luck 🍀

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Anybody interested in a CW FL5 for 5k markup (not sure of any added on accessories). I said I’ll spread the word, just let him know you heard about it from me.

Ask for Stephen Ellis at AutoNation Honda Columbus GA.

Best of luck 🍀

Same for Sons Honda McDonough GA.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
At this point two of my friends have an FL5...

And I'm fairly certain there are two more locally. It's basically 5 in a 30 mile radius.

The car doesn't feel all that rare...

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty

And I'm fairly certain there are two more locally. It's basically 5 in a 30 mile radius.

I think it depends on the area. I've yet to see one locally, but when out of state working I saw 4.

1971Camaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru crosstrek
I think it depends on the area. I've yet to see one locally, but when out of state working I saw 4.

I totally agree it depends on the area. In the part of chicagoland where i live, i have only seen 2 FK8s, and the only other FL5 was at a car rally. whereas, i DAILY see BMWs,. porsches, audis, mercedes, and i've even seen ferraris and a lotus! so, the CTRs feel very rare around here. of course, if i go by the map, we've only had around 20 of the FL5s sold so far in a metro area of 10 million. so, i guess i shouldn't be surprised i've never seen one on the road \_O_/ (whatever)

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
5 in 200k area.. A county and a town make up this amount. I like it tbh.

dng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
starting this year I’ve been seeing a whole lot more FK8’s around.. It’s either I’ve never noticed them or they came out of hiding during the summer

SKINNIE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ISF, 23' BB FL5

In my area I pass by at least 3 -4 FK8s daily. When I had my EVO X. The only time I would see one was when I would go to meets lol.

Howeesp

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Anyone looking for Championship White?
There are several in transit around the country right now.
I know some of the local dealers and in the past, at least 2 of them have given higher prices over the phone than they actually were charging for the deal when i went in person.
they will all be at least 5k over... just don't know how much til i talk to the reps i know.

I do have a contact at one of them who's an honest player (no bait-n-switch).

I'm not going to go through a bunch of work unless someone is truly interested. but, if any of you are serious, plmk asap.
Any in California?

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Be careful on appraisals.... it's wild out there.

11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Civic Type R Waitlist / Deposit / Reservations List - Check in here! Screenshot_20230901_174737_Chrome

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Honda Acty
Jerry Damson Honda sales guy called me yesterday (I inquired 3-4 months ago) to let me know they have a BB Type R coming in. I told him right off the rip I would not pay more than 1K over and no accessoires.

He said let me see what I can do. Gave him all my info and trade details. He did come back with 1K over MSRP, but they under evaluated my trade by $10,500. I asked if he wanted me to send me recent offers from CarMax, Vroom and my local Honda dealer, he said they would not go any higher.

I was a straight dick and said look man, I told you within 30 seconds of answering my phone what I was looking for to not waste my time or yours. Why the fuck did you call me multiple times and have me gather all this info just to try and screw me around.

Then he started back peddling and saying well what were you trying to get your payments to. I said I am not a fucking idiot and do not shop for cars based on payments. Thank you for wasting my fucking time, have a great day.

I guess the cars are sitting as I've have dealers from all over the country calling me that I reached out to earlier in the year about getting an R.
Sponsored