• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2023 Si Random Misfire All Cylinders

ComaSi

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda CX-30, 2023 Civic Si(On order)
First post here and sadly it is this:
11th Gen Honda Civic 2023 Si Random Misfire All Cylinders IMG_0507

No modifications and driven 2400 blissful miles so far. The car had no power but I was able to safely crawl it to a gas station. After a power cycle the car seems to be back to normal. No issues through the full power band. The only other thing was a hand-wash earlier in the day

Everything looks clean and connected under the hood. I will try and get it to the dealer this week, but have no hope for a reasonable resolution there. Has anyone dealt with this on the 2022-23 si?
Sponsored

OP
OP

ComaSi

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shut the car off for a few hours all codes cleared and it seems back to normal for now. Did some pulls in second and third. Full boost 17-19 lbs with no issues.

Also, car has always had 93 premium in the tank.

chopsuey34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
First post here and sadly it is this:
No modifications and driven 2400 blissful miles so far. The car had no power but I was able to safely crawl it to a gas station. After a power cycle the car seems to be back to normal. No issues through the full power band. The only other thing was a hand-wash earlier in the day

Everything looks clean and connected under the hood. I will try and get it to the dealer this week, but have no hope for a reasonable resolution there. Has anyone dealt with this on the 2022-23 si?
Tedward the youtuber had a random misfire in one of his Si's cylinders last year. Same thing as you. Shut off the engine, waited a bit, turned it back on and the misfire never reappeared. Since all four cylinders went off in your case, I'd also take it to the dealer for documentation and history just in case.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Integra Type S
I wonder something.
Were you driving a long drive before the misfire started showing up?

Some background about the above question:
On the latest Ridgeline v6 engine, a considerable amount of people experienced the same after a long drive but usually in cold weather. They just restart the engine and everything goes back to normal. The community thinks is a bug in the ECU. No official Honda acknowledgment yet.

OP
OP

ComaSi

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In this case I had just started the car after a trip to the store. I will add that this happened right after a start/stop event. I can't help but wonder if the ECU lost track of crank position from the start/stop and went completely out of whack on ignition. I find it super weird no other codes were thrown either. It's like the ECU just went stupid.

OP
OP

ComaSi

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I actually like it, and it works perfectly with the manual. It is much less annoying than on the auto cars. If this issue is tied to the start/stop though, I would gladly give it up to avoid the issue :)
Sponsored