• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

23' Si Tuning Questions

Crisspy

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2023
So I understand the concept of Tuning but i never had the opportunity to tune a car. I plan on getting a 27won DP for my 23 Si, it already has a K&N intake. I plan on also getting the intercooler at some point. But anyways, i still use this car to commute to work, im not looking to milk every bit of horsepower from the car, i just want a tune to be able to run the mods smoothly. Would i be better off going for a custom tune, or does something like the hondata pro have a tune i can simply take, that would work for me? I guess a more conservative tune, and in the case i get a CEL after the DP install, will the tune remove that? Not really worried about warranty, if i take it to a tuner, im assuming they would fix whatever issues i encounter post tune. (Correct me if im wrong). But like i said i just want a simple tune to have my mods run properly, i need this car to last, I don't plan on changing my driving habits, i average about 36-39 mpg, i only take this car through backroads maybe like once a week where i really push it, and by pushing it i mean going like 75 in narrow roads lmfaoo I don't do highway pulls nor do I intend to. So let me know what you guys have to say.
Sponsored

uwg55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI 2023
Would i be better off going for a custom tune, or does something like the hondata pro have a tune i can simply take, that would work for me?
Ktuner and Hondata both have tunes that comes with them, but I highly recommend that you take a look at the tunes from TSP and Phearable. I had tunes from both on my 10th gen and I really loved them!

As for going on custom tunes, sure that would be the best but it's the most expensive option. If you only have a downpipe, an intake and an intercooller I'd go for a OTS tune but if you have the money, go for it! The tuner will be able to really personalise the tune to your liking.

I guess a more conservative tune, and in the case i get a CEL after the DP install, will the tune remove that?
With ktuner you can disable the sensor to avoid getting the CEL. Pretty sure you can do it with hondata too but I don't have it so I can't really comment on that.

Not really worried about warranty, if i take it to a tuner, im assuming they would fix whatever issues i encounter post tune. (Correct me if im wrong).
I highly doubt that. If any problems happens after a tune, you'll have to pay to get it fixed.

If you want to keep the car a long time, proper maintenance is the key. I think tuning is worth it from the experience I had with my 10th gen. I really liked the car better tuned. I plan to flash my new si but I don't know when I'll do it.

OP
OP

Crisspy

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2023
Ktuner and Hondata both have tunes that comes with them, but I highly recommend that you take a look at the tunes from TSP and Phearable. I had tunes from both on my 10th gen and I really loved them!

As for going on custom tunes, sure that would be the best but it's the most expensive option. If you only have a downpipe, an intake and an intercooller I'd go for a OTS tune but if you have the money, go for it! The tuner will be able to really personalise the tune to your liking.

With ktuner you can disable the sensor to avoid getting the CEL. Pretty sure you can do it with hondata too but I don't have it so I can't really comment on that.

I highly doubt that. If any problems happens after a tune, you'll have to pay to get it fixed.

If you want to keep the car a long time, proper maintenance is the key. I think tuning is worth it from the experience I had with my 10th gen. I really liked the car better tuned. I plan to flash my new si but I don't know when I'll do it.
Really appreciate these answers!

lebadge

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Si SGP
So I understand the concept of Tuning but i never had the opportunity to tune a car. I plan on getting a 27won DP for my 23 Si, it already has a K&N intake. I plan on also getting the intercooler at some point. But anyways, i still use this car to commute to work, im not looking to milk every bit of horsepower from the car, i just want a tune to be able to run the mods smoothly. Would i be better off going for a custom tune, or does something like the hondata pro have a tune i can simply take, that would work for me? I guess a more conservative tune, and in the case i get a CEL after the DP install, will the tune remove that? Not really worried about warranty, if i take it to a tuner, im assuming they would fix whatever issues i encounter post tune. (Correct me if im wrong). But like i said i just want a simple tune to have my mods run properly, i need this car to last, I don't plan on changing my driving habits, i average about 36-39 mpg, i only take this car through backroads maybe like once a week where i really push it, and by pushing it i mean going like 75 in narrow roads lmfaoo I don't do highway pulls nor do I intend to. So let me know what you guys have to say.
I recently did Ktuner/TSP Stage 1.
Like yourself i commute mainly, have spirited runs etc etc.

TSP recommends a PRL HVI Intake or OEM for their tunes, FYI.

Ktuner for sure you can disable the O2 if you get a CEL. Be on the look out for the non-code throwing DP from Two Stepper Performance.

IC/Charge pipes is highly recommended even if you don't throw a tune on it for heat soak issues.

City: 35MPG
Highway: 41-43MPG(sometimes more)

BCP

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic SI
I recently did TSP Stage 1 tune on my 2022 Si. I disabled the secondary O2 sensor, but now I am getting emissions warning and rev match warning. Can anyone advise, please .