• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
We could at least guess… I think I read that a little over 19,000 were sold in the US from 2017-2021, and Canada is about 1/10 the population of the US, so maybe in the neighborhood of 1,900 total or 390/year…

Which, when put in perspective, makes these extremely small numbers people are freaking out over, seem realistically, just like the FK8.
I think people are pretty justified in freaking out still. Its being said that its 546 for 3 years, so 182/year. That's less than half the amount of the FK8, heck Canada sold all 100 of its CTR LE in 4 minutes and you're telling me we're not even getting 2x the amount of the CTR LE per year?
Sponsored

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
I think people are pretty justified in freaking out still. Its being said that its 546 for 3 years, so 182/year. That's less than half the amount of the FK8, heck Canada sold all 100 of its CTR LE in 4 minutes and you're telling me we're not even getting 2x the amount of the CTR LE per year?
Guess, for a change, it’s not so bad to be in the US.
From what I keep seeing, it’s so easy to get on a waitlist in Canada, and just put your deposit down, and done. (Sarcasm)

Kyofu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT
The exact number i don't know but it was about 400 units per year (17,18,19,20) for 2021 it was around 200 units + 100 for the LE ...(so i would say 1900 in total) not more
Yeah that sounds like the ball park number I was thinking of. I reeaaally hope this is just their tentative plan for now since they've got no way of knowing when the chip/parts shortages fully sort themselves out and then when it does they'll boost production as much as possible.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR(Sold), 19 TLX, 21 Veloster N
Current gen Civic will be refreshed in about three years. This "leak" probably only applies to pre-refresh CTR.
I just don't think they'll end the 11th gen CTR production like that after only three years.
It's way too early to set production plans for the refreshed CTR anyway.
So 546 for three years then maybe another 300 for two more years.
I'm pretty sure we'll at least get another LE if that doesn't happen.

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
I got a follow up e-mail from my dealer... apparently there may have people who had ordered the last generation and had still not got it yet that would go in front of me on the list.

So yeah... not looking very good

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Just to add to this, a similar story about UK allocation was circulating a few weeks ago about us only getting a few hundred cars. This was said by a Honda exec in Japan

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Just to add to this, a similar story about UK allocation was circulating a few weeks ago about us only getting a few hundred cars. This was said by a Honda exec in Japan
Makes sense, small country. How many per year did the UK get of the FK8?

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
I have no idea, but we are a big country for hot hatches! There are thousands of type r's sold here.

mpneda

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WRX STI
I feel like this whole markup thing for EVERY dealer is over exaggerated, it'll take a while to
Why don’t we wait until they come out and we see what types of markups happen, across the board, before we make any assumptions on just how big markups will be.
agreed, this whole markup thing is exaggerated, im sure they exist but not as often as people portray

mpneda

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 WRX STI
Civic Si are still selling $8-$10k over MSRP, so $36,000.

My guess on the 2023 MSRP north of $40k…. $41,000? $42,000?

When the first Type R came out in 2017, MSRP was right around $34,000. 2021, it was $39,000.

Not crazy to think of $10k-$15k over list. Just look at what used are selling for right now, it’s just what the market is. Reality is, someone will pay it, just to say they have one.
Dealers near me are selling a bunch of SI's at msrp, only like 1 or 2 have a 2-3k markup

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
That is crazy guys. It's illegal over here in the UK for dealers to do that!

Midnight-VTEC

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DE5 Integra Type S
Well my rep just emailed me back and told me that Honda hasn't updated them yet...so I guess that means they were not on the list.
I know they are a smaller dealer but they sold a surprising amount of FK8's and even had an LE come through.

Damn kind of regretting selling my last FK8 and turning down my arrived allocation for the GR86...no fun car for me this year me thinks...

Might have to buy a cheap motorbike to tide me over lol

giger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FD2
Mines going to be the daily family car - the fun car is the E46 M3 :D

Whitboy82

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST
Dealers near me are selling a bunch of SI's at msrp, only like 1 or 2 have a 2-3k markup
Be careful man, if you say anything about stuff like this, some people on here get super worked up. You have to stick to the approved message.

“All Type Rs will have a minimum of a $25k markup, and nobody will ever get one. Nobody.”

Boostlag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I really want one, not enough to pay over sticker. I'm pretty sure I can get one at sticker, maybe not the first year. Besides by the time the car releases, it'll be winter and rather not drive it in salt and dirt the first few months of ownership.
Sponsored