• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Civic Type R Boost Blue Pearl
It absolutely makes sense, insofar as critics of the CTR module feel that the problem with the CTR's suspension performance isn't the stiffness, per se, but rather the overabundance of damping. Topher's main point was that the suspension behaves differently, and better, with the ITS module; not because it's less stiff, which it also is, but because the adaptive portion is more linear, and simply superior. He claims that the bounciness is reduced well beyond the basic difference in stiffness between the two modules.

I think what I would want, at least in theory, would be the firmness of the CTR, with the damping of the ITS. I'd like to retain the edginess of the CTR's stiffer handling, with the bump compliance/chassis composure of the ITS.
Sponsored

CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R, LS Swapped FC3S
It absolutely makes sense, insofar as critics of the CTR module feel that the problem with the CTR's suspension performance isn't the stiffness, per se, but rather the overabundance of damping. Topher's main point was that the suspension behaves differently, and better, with the ITS module; not because it's less stiff, which it also is, but because the adaptive portion is more linear, and simply superior. He claims that the bounciness is reduced well beyond the basic difference in stiffness between the two modules.

I think what I would want, at least in theory, would be the firmness of the CTR, with the damping of the ITS. I'd like to retain the edginess of the CTR's stiffer handling, with the bump compliance/chassis composure of the ITS.
Just buy the ITS ADS module. You'll be waiting 3-4 months anyway. If you don't like it you can always sell it for what you paid for it.

hhkb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Just buy the ITS ADS module. You'll be waiting 3-4 months anyway. If you don't like it you can always sell it for what you paid for it.
alldiscountparts.com and acurapartsforless.com both will be restocking early April.

Reactions: CTR

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put in the order at my Acura dealer within two days of buying my Type R. I initially tried ordering it online, but all the usual vendors weren't accepting orders for that part number. "Discontinued," "Unavailable," "Out of stock," etc. The parts guy at Acura told me he couldn't give me an ETA, or even a "ballpark" timeframe. All he could tell me is that it definitely will arrive, and I'll get the call when it does.

Fine by me. I want to get the buzzing in the dash fixed first. That buzzing is having an outsized negative effect on my impression of the car, to a degree that I find myself tying the two issues together despite knowing that the one issue almost certainly has nothing to do with the other. By the time the ITS module arrives, I should have a pretty good experience base on which to form my opinion of the stock CTR module.

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura OEM Parts Online (acura.oempartsonline.com) just accepted my order and payment for the ITS module. They charged only $214.99 plus shipping (vs $310 from my Acura dealer, which is still pending with no ETA), with a scheduled delivery date of April 4th.

I guess we'll see whether it actually happens that fast.

Meanwhile, alldiscountparts.com still says it's unavailable, while acurapartsforless.com is now showing it as available for $215.37 plus shipping.

Superhatch

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 NSX, 2007 Civic Si, 2019 Monkey
However, to my surprise, at least two persons who have ridden in the back seat complained that it is too bouncy and uncomfortable back there even in Comfort mode.
Most rear ends of cars have a lot more dampening than the front, even with a softer suspension because there is so little weight in the back. The Tesla Model Y is horrible to ride in the back of, and most of the hot hatches I had were the same way. I think someone called the rear seats of the Focus RS a kidney bruising machine. On any stiffly sprung car with rear seats, they aren't going to be a comfortable place to be.

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awww, crap.

I was scheduled to receive my IDS module on April 4th, but I woke up to this email this morning...

THIS PART IS ON NATIONAL BACKORDER WITH NO E.T.A. WOULD YOU LIKE TO KEEP IT ON ORDER OR CANCEL IT?

THANK YOU

On the one hand, I'm tempted to cancel it, to prevent a situation in which this order and my Acura dealer's order arrive at the same time. Also, I now expect the Acura dealer to get first dibs. On the other hand, this one is significantly cheaper than the Acura dealer's, so I'm tempted to keep the order in place.

This blows.

Edit...

Just called the Acura dealer. The parts guy told me that Acura USA is projecting early May for that part. I asked whether his dealership will price match, and he said they will, but it will have to include the shipping cost charged by online venders. For some reason his price is now $328 (up from the original $310 when I placed the order), plus tax. My vendor's price including shipping was $243.25.

I canceled the online order, thinking the dealer will get it first. Since they're willing to match the vendor's total price, I figure I may as well stick with the dealer.

Last edited:

VLJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On a different note, does anyone here know why there is such a lengthy backorder on parts for a 2024 Acura model? We're well past the Covid issue, so what's the holdup? If I had a crashed ITS or a malfunctioning ITS module and I needed this part to get my car back on the road, what would be Acura's excuse to me? They're supposed to stock parts for at least ten years on all models.